Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

Effects are suffering.

Language is becoming prime.

Newbies are not being treated as newbies.

What is wrong with you people?

I've been discussing this whole thread idea (well' date=' an offshoot conversation about it) with Browarod, my friend and fellow Moderator. And he has come up with a legitimate and not very harsh rule suggestion. Which I'd like to run by all of you;

[b']"-Any member who posts only regarding "bad OCG" or only posts an OCG correction (even if it is accompanied by a rating) will be given a ??% Warning the first time, a ??% Warning the second time, and will receive a 3-day ban upon the third occurrence. Any further occurrences after the 3-day ban will result in consequences such as a ban from the Realistic Cards section, or even a forum ban."[/b]

Your feelings on it?

EDIT: Xander had the original version of this rule. Which I may or may not post later.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy

Lol. I open discussions so people have their word heard, especially when I see a crisis.

I don't want me to do everything, I want the members involved. I'm not the kinda mod, that just does stuff without it being opened up for discussion first.

So... Any solution, comments or venting? Possibly a discussion you want to start in this thread?

im always trying to help the Newbs.

But they get flamed that often..

its pretty hard, if your OCG is not perfect...

I can only say...Neutral warning from everyone who wants to help newbs , to the ones being mean to newbs.

and if it happens again neg them.

That will stop nearly everyone from being mean to newbs^^

Guest JoshIcy

its pretty hard' date=' if your OCG is not perfect...

[/quote']

That's the problem. People demand language perfection, over effect presentation.

The whole section is suffering. Not enough creative cards, too many people flaming/insulting/belittling over something so small. As long as the card is legible, why force the learning curve making people so nervous to try something new?

They are just obsessed with OCG like I said on MSN. They don't know when to fix OCG and when not to. Prime example is, like you said on MSN, Can, not May. I mean, it's the same thing, only thing that one is osed in the Official Card Game, what actually mean OCG, and the other thing isn't. OCG should be only and I repeat, only used to correct something when the effect isn't understandable.

Newbies should be treated as newbies, if the poster is new and made a few, minor errors, don't go all apeshit at their face, just say the errors, but mostly concentrate on the effect, rather than OCG.

I'm seriously tired of seeing posts that are nothing but people complaining about how bad the OCG is when they're not even going to bother fixing it. I propose that any post that simply says "Bad OCG" or anything similar without even fixing a single error is easily reportable. This is made worse by the fact that people complain about OCG when they have bad grammar themselves. They expect everyone to have some godly level of skill as soon as they join the forum rather than going "Eh, you just joined, so I'll go easy on you".

I'm seriously tired of seeing posts that are nothing but people complaining about how bad the OCG is when they're not even going to bother fixing it. I propose that any post that simply says "Bad OCG" or anything similar without even fixing a single error is easily reportable. This is made worse by the fact that people complain about OCG when they have bad grammar themselves. They expect everyone to have some godly level of skill as soon as they join the forum rather than going "Eh' date=' you just joined, so I'll go easy on you".

[/quote']

Thats a very good point there, I agree with Roxas.

People on YCM just need to show a little helpfulness and kindness to those who are trying to become better. (Helpfulness and kindness seem to be rare on YCM nowadays..)

We need to create more threads to help n00bs, such as OCG threads, balance threads and other such helpful threads, not only in the Tutorial section, but stickied in the card sections as well. We need the inexperienced cardmakers to pay more attention to such important things.

Guest JoshIcy

I'm seriously tired of seeing posts that are nothing but people complaining about how bad the OCG is when they're not even going to bother fixing it. I propose that any post that simply says "Bad OCG" or anything similar without even fixing a single error is easily reportable. This is made worse by the fact that people complain about OCG when they have bad grammar themselves. They expect everyone to have some godly level of skill as soon as they join the forum rather than going "Eh' date=' you just joined, so I'll go easy on you".

[/quote']

THIS IS WHY I GAVE YOU THE CUSTOM SIG.

But you have to remember. The goal is to bring Effect into the prime. Not OCG. So a minor fix can even cause further problems.

[/quote']

Thats a very good point there, I agree with Roxas.

Make that 2 of us. I don't really know how to respond to this even though I usual am nice to newbies.

When I rate a newbie's thread, I always do my upmost to give them a good rating, including guidelines for better images, originality, and help for their OCG. I get pretty mad at people write things like "You suck, get away nao" and such.

All new members should be rated accordingly, and should get ratings corresponding with their card-making level. Just writing "0/10", "FAIL" and so on, will not get them anywhere. If you rate a new member's threads, you should look at how good he is at card-making, based on what you would expect of a new member.

True, the majority of new members do things like "DARK OVERDRAGON OF EXTREME PERIL AND DOOM" and such highly stereotypical names that you have seen so many times that you can tell the member's stars just by looking at the topic's name, but if you have to give a bad rating, at least give them tips on how they could be better, and make improved and more original cards. (I want it very clear that the above card name was not made as to prove a point, for for an insult or an acuse)

One has to remember that you yourself, if you are a high-star member, have also been a noob, and have made the same mistake as the new members does. But is it really a mistake to make (Excuse me) noobish cards? This is a forum where we make cards to prove our skill and just have fun, and it should not be a place filled to the rim with perfectionistic mania. If the new members want to make the cards to have fun, even if they make cards that most members would find "little original", who are we to take that fun from them by telling them they are terrible card makers?!

If you are going to comment, make that comment possitive and helpful or simply shut up!

There, I've said mine.

Edit: I agree with Roxas too.

Well, I think I finnaly found a response. Say for example, that you see a card with horrible OCG and a very bad pic along with bad effect (most people complain about those 3). In this situation, I would actually TRY to help in someway or another, but if I think I may sound rude doing it. I just simply leave the thread and continure browsing.

However most people have to get their word in and say "You fail Don't ever make another card" before the thread is possibly locked/deleted.

I get really, really mad seeing people saying "Fail 0/10" (etc.). It displeases me to see that any person commenting on the thread is a bad comment just to get their post count up (or something else). And of course, only people like me (such as the people commenting on this thread) would actually say "I'll help you out, You'll get better it just takes time to figure it out".

I'm too tired to sit and read through the above posts, so I may be repeating something... but I HATE! how 4-5 star members, the ones who should know something, have the worse grammar, ocg, pictures, and overall effects... And I think it is because when they were lower star'd members, they weren't being helped improve. But instead what happened, and what I see happening now, is that everyone is yelling, "Your card is so good! Your card is so great! Maybe a little overpowered, but nothing too bad! Keep up the good work!!" Or the senior and higher members are yelling, "GET OUT!! You suck!! I won't help you improve because you FAIL TOO BAD!!"

Both instances are terrible and result in an epidemic of poor cards =/

/rant

We could rename the Realistic Card Rules thread into "New member's handbook" or something of the like, or just keep the name as it is, but the point is: The first thread all new members should read would be the thread for YCM's rules, so we could add an entire course of guide-lines, including links to good image sites, an OCG guide and everthing else a new member would need to a get his/her start her as good as possible. Guidance to this thread should of course be made.

That is of course an idea, and I see lacikus thought the same way, and I think it should be concidered.

I also agree with you on that because i usually get bad pics for my cards too lol.

Well....I dunno if I should be saying this because of my continuous posting (Im sorry about that),but I have a question for those newbie haters..

WHY ARE NEWBIES BAD? ALL THEY DID WAS TRY TO MAKE A CARD AND POST IT BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD!!! I usual post my cards because I think they are good. And also to see if anyone agrees. Does that make me a "noob". No it doesnt. However people go way too far with the disencouragement.

im always trying to help the Newbs.

But they get flamed that often..

its pretty hard' date=' if your OCG is not perfect...

I can only say...Neutral warning from everyone who wants to help newbs , to the ones being mean to newbs.

and if it happens again neg them.

That will stop nearly everyone from being mean to newbs^^

[/quote']

I agree and do the same! Everyone should pitch in and help us, so New members can feel welcome and stay! And any members that spam...REPORT thats all their is to it!

Archived