Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres an "example": Very nice card. Balanced effect along with a great pic too. 9/10

Thats how I do it anyway.

Back to the point: Yes, You wonder why some people leave short comments such as 8/10 or cool! 10/10.

Wouldnt that be considered spam?? If you rate a card without reason it obviously shows that you rated it low on purpose. Or perhaps they didnt even read the effect and just want to increase their post count.. Who knows?

Back to the point: Yes' date=' You wonder why some people leave short comments such as 8/10 or cool! 10/10.

Wouldnt that be considered spam?? If you rate a card without reason it obviously shows that you rated it low on purpose. Or perhaps they didnt even read the effect and just want to increase their post count.. Who knows?

[/quote']

I am one of those people but I assure you, we all saw the card otherwise it would still be meaningless. Although people like Deustodo don't even give a praise or a DaM.N. I think "cool" is enough but not saying anything at all and just rating, I'm sure THAT'S spam.

My dream is to become a mod and I'm working ever so hard to become one.

Well then... could someone show me an example of the best way to comment on a card' date=' please?

[/quote']

Mention the pic (you like it? You don't like it? Blurry? Overused?). Mention the title (Good name? Generic sounding? Bad name?). Try to fix parts of OCG you see that are wrong. Mention balance(OP/UP effects? Star level is correct? ATK/DEF too high/low?). Mention creativity(Is it similar to other types of effects you've seen? Is it a Nomi?). Mention flow (does the pic, effect and name all work together? For example, if the card is called "Inferno Blaster King", the pic shouldn't be some sort of water monster, or a dark looking vampire. There should be some fire, or a very red/warm colored base theme. The effect would probably have something to do with dealing damage to life points or destroying monsters ("Inferno" and "Blaster" both are very offense-oriented terms)

Back to the point: Yes' date=' You wonder why some people leave short comments such as 8/10 or cool! 10/10.

[/quote']

I am one of those people but I assure you, we all saw the card otherwise it would still be meaningless. Although people like Deustodo don't even give a praise or a DaM.N. I think "cool" is enough but not saying anything at all and just rating, I'm sure THAT'S spam.

My dream is to become a mod and I'm working ever so hard to become one.

I dunno who "Deastuodo" is. And everyone wants to be a mod.

Heres what I think: Post counts SHOULDNT EVEN MATTER. It doesnt matter if your post count is 500 or whatever. Its not like its life or death if you dont post on every thread you see. I usually dont even comment at all really. Post count does not mean how popular you are. Even if you were 6 stars even though you joined today and got 6 stars tommorow it still doesnt mean that you are "awesome" or "ownage" or anything.

Time to get back on topic, Im sick of this talk about "post counts" and ratings:

Newbies should be treated well. Period. Of course, if its obvious that you know who it is and has posted alot of........Inappropiate things. Then you can report them for double accounting/inappropiate content. Then again, if it was a newbie who just joined the site. There is no reason for you to go up there and slap them in the face (figure of speech). Only yell at them if they are REALLY being a jerk. Negging Spamming whatever.

Post count doesn't matter. At least not after 25 (since you can only rep after that). Anyone who thinks post count matters is kind of an idiot. :/

I've seen newbs that I knew right off the bat were going to turn into awesome members. I've seen 5 stars that never really got out of 'newbie' mode. :/

Posting a lot does not make you better.

i like this post i bookmarked it good luck tho helping people oh and for all of the newbs out there go to the newb defence leaughe they can help

OMGAKITTY was clearly not refering to yetilord99.

Anyway, I found an example of what NOT to do when reviewing a card.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/post-2902269.html#pid2902269

That, to me, is an example of a bad review, especially if you are reviewing a newbies cards. It's not short, but I think that would count as a violation of the new rule.

Seriously, who picks on someone because they didn't capitalize the correct words? In a first draft, that's being too picky. No suggestions on how to improve the cards, no suggestions on effects. Just a list of things that they did wrong.

I'm all in favor of some of the more mature and reasonable card reviewers like Skyson for example, having a thread of their own where they can review cards that they choose. When I finally get my own set done, I'd like to hear what he and others like him have to say. And I'm going to be posting some very explicit instructions on the sort of things I DON'T want to see in my thread. Reviews like the one above will be completely ignored. I may even add a "Poor Reviewers" section to the first post of my set's thread.

Yes, I agree. Picking on someone for not capitalizing is pure stupidity. Everyone makes typos at some point. I do alot because I type pretty fast.

And the review above made me very, very frustrated. Picking on someone for that... Its THEIRD THREAD. They can do whatever the heck they want with it. I support that 100%.

You arent spamming your own thread by postin the rest of your cards anyways. Its not like that if you post cards in your own thread its a big big deal.

The reviewers in there werent even reviwing the cards anyways. All I saw was "overused pic".

Like BriaErik said, There are decent reviewers, but only a hand full.

i like this post i bookmarked it good luck tho helping people oh and for all of the newbs out there go to the newb defence leaughe they can help

OMGAKITTY was clearly not refering to yetilord99.

Anyway' date=' I found an example of what NOT to do when reviewing a card.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/post-2902269.html#pid2902269

That, to me, is an example of a bad review, especially if you are reviewing a newbies cards. It's not short, but I think that would count as a violation of the new rule.

Seriously, who picks on someone because they didn't capitalize the correct words? In a first draft, that's being too picky. No suggestions on how to improve the cards, no suggestions on effects. Just a list of things that they did wrong.

I'm all in favor of some of the more mature and reasonable card reviewers like Skyson for example, having a thread of their own where they can review cards that they choose. When I finally get my own set done, I'd like to hear what he and others like him have to say. And I'm going to be posting some very explicit instructions on the sort of things I DON'T want to see in my thread. Reviews like the one above will be completely ignored. I may even add a "Poor Reviewers" section to the first post of my set's thread.

[/quote']

Technically, Skyson does have a thread for reviewing cards. Him and Yankee/C-2. The problem being Skyson isn't on very often, and Yankee just doesn't review much.

And also, members spam such threads with cards they want reviewed.

I do <3 Skyson reviews though. One of the best reviewers on this site, imo.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that parts need to be capitalized, it just shouldn't be the entire review.

Well, if you say Bad capitilazation, overused pic 2/10. Then......Thats plain stupid... You basically just said "Forget you 2/10".

There is nothing wrong with pointing out errors, but if you think its messing up the whole card then you're wrong...Messing up the whole card would be no picture, really,really,REALLY, horrible grammar, and a short ordinare effect.(If there was an effect at all)

I had to neg rep someone today because they gave a newbie a low rating without reason. They just said this: "3.5/10. I now have -4 reps because of your bad cards". I negged him. (If you want me to be specific I can tell you who I negged.) This serves as an example to someone who is here to disencourage people to leave the site.

So great isnt it? Now we have to find a solution to THESE kind of people too.... Just great....

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-152050.html

This is an example of when people give bad comments because they are just plain mean and dont take time to help. Unlike most people, I did try to help. Yet all the other people are saying "Your cards suck LOLOLOL".

That makes me...........I cant even say..

The sad part is.. There is no solution to stupid/mean people... Even if you tell them to shut up. They wont shut up. Even if you tell them to stop. They NEVER stop.

I had to neg rep someone today because they gave a newbie a low rating without reason. They just said this: "3.5/10. I now have -4 reps because of your bad cards". I negged him. (If you want me to be specific I can tell you who I negged.) This serves as an example to someone who is here to disencourage people to leave the site.

I know who that person is. I DEFINITELY KNOW.

That's Manpole.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-152050.html

This is an example of when people give bad comments because they are just plain mean and dont take time to help. Unlike most people' date=' I did try to help. Yet all the other people are saying "Your cards suck LOLOLOL".

That makes me...........I cant even say..

The sad part is.. There is no solution to stupid/mean people... Even if you tell them to shut up. They wont shut up. Even if you tell them to stop. They NEVER stop.

[/quote']

I was helpful there. :D

I suggest that members are not aloud to make threads in the Realistic Cards Section until they are 3-stars.

[spoiler=Offense]

1st Offense = 0% Warning

2nd Offense = 10% Warning

3rd Offense = 50% Warning

4th Offense = 3 Day Ban

5th Offense = 1 Week Ban

6th Offense = 1 Month Ban

7th Offense = 2 Month Ban

8th Offense = Perma Ban

Anyways, I agree with you. Creativity > Orginality > Balance > OCG

I suggest we come up with a contest that is run by the mods, and for the contest, you must create the most creative and orignal effect.

[spoiler=More on the contest...]

Each Moderater would donate 20 points to the winner, depending on how much they paid..

Each participant would pm 5 points to each mod. This is optional. For each mod they pm points to, if they win, each mod they originally paid points to gives 20 points back.

This would cause only a minor loss in points for each participant.

If you can think of something other than a contest to get people excited about creativity and originality, go for it.

Well, all members should be able to make cards. Its just some of them may use attachments and/or make a super OP'ed card thinking people will go OOOOH aaaaah over it.

And in that situtuation, no one helps...at all.

We are all good card-makers (Including the newbies). Its just sometimes, you have to get the hang of OCG and all the other things...We've all had our bad cards and good cards, but does that mean we don't try? The newbies try.... I've seen some great cards from a newbie before...

However, when its a bad card. People just say "YOU FAIL 0/10" or "HAHAHAHAHAHA 1/10 since your new". WOW..

I suggest that members are not aloud to make threads in the Realistic Cards Section until they are 3-stars.

[spoiler=Offense]

1st Offense = 0% Warning

4th Offense = 3 Day Ban

5th Offense = 1 Week Ban

8th Offense = Perma Ban

Anyways' date=' I agree with you. Creativity > Orginality > Balance > OCG

I suggest we come up with a contest that is run by the mods, and for the contest, you must create the most creative and orignal effect.

[spoiler=More on the contest...']

Each Moderater would donate 20 points to the winner, depending on how much they paid..

Each participant would pm 5 points to each mod. This is optional. For each mod they pm points to, if they win, each mod they originally paid points to gives 20 points back.

If you can think of something other than a contest to get people excited about creativity and originality, go for it.

1. Your idea follows along the lines of the exact elitism that Icy, and me, for that matter, are against. There's a reason a 'noob section' hasn't been created yet. New members have just as much right to post in Realistic as you do.

2. Crab held a contest once where OCG didn't matter. It was awesome.

And there's no real reason it would have to be mod run...you can do the same thing. :/

[spoiler=Offense]

1st Offense = 0% Warning

4th Offense = 3 Day Ban

5th Offense = 1 Week Ban

8th Offense = Perma Ban

Anyways' date=' I agree with you. Creativity > Orginality > Balance > OCG

[spoiler=More on the contest...']

Um........NO WAY!

It sometimes is the newbies who are being mean and idiotic, but that doesn't mean they ALL shouldn't be able to post cards. I 100% disagree. Besides, it is RARELY the newbies anyway. And if that rule WAS real, then I would be a more horrible card-maker and so would pretty much everyone else depending on if they played the game or not... And only for the Realistic cards?? Then that would mean the "Realistic cards" would be turned into this: "Pro's only cards". And where would the newbies post to get their post count up?? Everywhere?? Probally half the stuff on the forum they wouldn't even know about yet unless they read the rules or just figured it out..

And just so you know, I'm also against this.. I'm sure its a unanimous agreement anyway. As for the contests.....I've never been in one so how would I know?

By the way, Can anyone think up 2 or more logical reasons that newbies SHOULDNT be helped?

I cant. I bet no one else can either.

Also, I'm sick of when people say "horrible card". MAYBE its sometimes people take card-making a little too seriously. I mean, why don't they help? Do they get enjoyment out of it or something?

I dont see any enjoyment out of that at all. It doesnt benefit anyone (including you for that matter) anyway. So....................

The unanswerable question here is: WHY?

Newbies can sometimes be good card makers. Some of them may be horrible. Still, you should at least try to help in some way or another. And I dont consider help "fail/10". Besides, can you believe it? The set Im working on would be my 1st set if that rule was real. Then I and alot of other people would have the things people would hate most. "Terrible OCG" etc.

One more thing about OCG: Well, maybe sometimes its just real grammar and yugioh grammar get mixed up. You know OCG can always be confusing sometimes. I make OCG errors all the time and I've been playing the game for......3 years?? Then again, there will always be OCG errors no matter what because some people use the old OCG and then others use the new OCG. So yeah.....

Lol i play yugioh for about 4yrs but stil cant beat my classmate ( and i have blue eyes withe dragon 3 times plus all parts of exodia and exodia) but its geting off topic.Ragnarok gave me a coment today about a pic that " is overused" but its not.I mean the guy has 23000 post but no cards AT ALL.

Lol i play yugioh for about 4yrs but stil cant beat my classmate ( and i have blue eyes withe dragon 3 times plus all parts of exodia and exodia) but its geting off topic.Ragnarok gave me a coment today about a pic that " is overused" but its not.I mean the guy has 23000 post but no cards AT ALL.

Rag lurks Realistic like crazy >_>

If he says its overused, it probably is. He doesn't need to make cards to see that.

@regalsword: Dude...every single post you've made on this thread says the exact same thing... :/

Rag lurks Realistic like crazy >_>

If he says its overused' date=' it probably is. He doesn't need to make cards to see that.

[/quote']

It may be true that Ragnarock's seen pretty much every card made on this forum since he joined, but I have have to say that I don't usually take what he says seriously, because he's a card critiquer, not a card reviewer.

Most of his posts run along these lines. "Bland effect, Overused Pic, OP'ed" and then he give a #/10 rating. It's not usually very high.

That's not a review. It's not a suggestion for improvement. It's a list of things the card maker did wrong, almost like complaints.

I'm not going to say that he doesn't really know what he's talking about because I don't know him that well, but those kinds of comments look very negative a new member. He might as well just say YOU FAIL.

I feel that Rag is being too harsh without actually knowing how difficult it can be to make a good card because he's never made any of his own. That's why I never take his comments seriously. Now if he'd made lots of well-received cards himself it would be different, he would have credibility. But as it is, he's got about as much credibility with me as a movie critic. I don't take what they have to say seriously for the same reasons. What they don't like, I might, so I see the movies I want to see, and I usually end up liking them. Same with cards. I think a lot of the things Rag passes over with 4/10 have potential to be quite good, or at least interesting.

The people I would trust to review my cards properly are the people who have at least tried to make their own.

You should give a rep to these people, becuase they treated me nice when I became a new member, even though I was nice to them. But yeah, here they are. http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user-167100.html, http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user-298112.html, http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user-87863.html, and http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user-229977.html. So yeah, I'm glad thier is a few nice members out there, and Hunter, he was the nicest one.

Archived