Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy

I'm locking this' date=' or at least until Icy comes back to keep this thing under control or so.

[/quote']

Let it ramble. A little anyway...

What I wanna see is what's contained when these people "vent".

But please, keep it to a minimum.

Well, the pic in my opinion techically IS the card if you know what im talking about.. I usually rate a card based on effects though. Even though the pic does give it its name.

EFFECTS are what gives the card its usefullness.

PICTURES give it its name

OCG.............meh.....The cards decorations lol

BriaErik' date=' I don't want to make an example out of you, but THIS is why newbs get disrespected.

Check your grammar.

Newbs are, sterotypically, supposed to start off with horrendous spelling and bland concepts. Unfortunately, most newbs prove this stereotype right.

Everyone went to school time and again. There is No reason why words should be mispelled!

Stars don't really matter, but the do have an "experienced" feel, and that's something to hold over anyone's head.

[/quote']

If you ask me this OCG thing is stupidity

all that people post about is ocg

dont they ever focus on something else.

they probaly understand what your trying to say.

people treating newbies different from other member

it's like as if they were they're parents

ohh your ocg is terrible fix it! blah blah blah.

Some people just dont give anything about pics. it's always ocg.

Well' date=' the pic in my opinion techically IS the card if you know what im talking about.. I usually rate a card based on effects though. Even though the pic does give it its name.

EFFECTS are what gives the card its usefullness.

PICTURES give it its name

OCG.............meh.....The cards decorations lol

[/quote']

I agree with reglasword and with sonic but 820 reborn for your information i was born in Hungary and i live in Romania so i got a "Perfect English".

I get my OCG from the cards I buy.

Which is why my OCG is NEVER bad.

Me too! :D

Some people will still deny the fact that it is "perfect" though. They will try claiming roll= toss or some other thing..

Usually, when I post a card. Usually 20% of the people commetning dont even play the game. And yes, some guy did tell me roll=toss once.

Like I said. People will always claim there is a mistake no matter how hard you try to make it flawless.... And when I see these "OMG FLAWLESS 10/10 comments, they have OCG errors...Why dont people start yellin about OCG then? They probally didnt even read the card and went with the majority because the rest said 10/10 as well.

Some people will still deny the fact that it is "perfect" though. They will try claiming roll= toss or some other thing..

Usually' date=' when I post a card. Usually 20% of the people commetning dont even play the game. And yes, some guy did tell me roll=toss once.

Like I said. People will always claim there is a mistake no matter how hard you try to make it flawless.... And when I see these "OMG FLAWLESS 10/10 comments, they have OCG errors...Why dont people start yellin about OCG then? They probally didnt even read the card and went with the majority because the rest said 10/10 as well.

[/quote']

I get my OCG from that too.. also i look around.. I see a card i like.. I'll come up with a card of my own.. and i piece effects together(i DON'T copy.).. to help that Attribute or that type...

roll toss.. it's doesn't matter.. i've seen cards with roll and I've seen cards with toss..

or they just did rate on the effect... some pple may just rate on the pics.. balance of the attack and defense, and the name..

Usually' date=' when I post a card. Usually 20% of the people commetning dont even play the game. And yes, some guy did tell me roll=toss once.

[/quote']

The problem is, the TCG isn't always consistent with OCG either. There probably is a card somewhere that uses toss instead of roll.

And no one bothers with the people who type 'OMG FLAWLESS OCG 10/10".

Everyone knows they're opinions don't matter.

And by everyone, I mean me.

OCG IS NOT everything. However, it is SOMETHING. You shouldn't rate 0/10 Because their OCG is VERY off, have a perfect pic, and an extremely balanced, useful, and unique effect. Nor is it the bulk of the card. So it doesn't even deserve a 2/10.

If a card has perfect OCG, a pic so blurry that you can barely see it, and OP'd beyond belief, don't give it a 10/10 for perfect OCG.

It's not everything, yet it is something.

As for the treating newbs unfairly issue, that needs to be attended to. Newbs are new people, and aren't so familiar with the terrain of an internet forum. In the intro section, don't just say "read the rules" because it took me forever to actually realize what section they were in. It is the most inactive section, and the most unnoticed. If you are going to say read the rules in the intro thread, leave a link to the rule thread. That could help things a little on the part of the new people.

As for the veterans who keep bashing newbs because they happen to make a mistake or two, well correct them instead of making fun of them, flame, then neg. That way, it doesn't happen again, and the experience you have with this site actually DOES something other than help yourselves.

I don't care how many times you've seen newbs make mistakes, patience is a virtue and the newbies on this site don't need to make the embarrasment of making a mistake worse by salting the wound.

That is my two cents on the OCG topic, and newb bashing in general (not the section).

Decent to strong OCG seems to come hand in hand with having good pics and balanced effects. I have yet to see a card whose "OCG is VERY off, have a perfect pic, and an extremely balanced, useful, and unique effect" nor have I seen "a card has perfect OCG, a pic so blurry that you can barely see it, and OP'd beyond belief"

And the rules aren't hidden in some deep corner of the forum >_>

The forum rules are ALWAYS stickied on the top of the section. They choose not to read it out of laziness.

Decent to strong OCG seems to come hand in hand with having good pics and balanced effects. I have yet to see a card whose "OCG is VERY off' date=' have a perfect pic, and an extremely balanced, useful, and unique effect" nor have I seen "a card has perfect OCG, a pic so blurry that you can barely see it, and OP'd beyond belief"

And the rules aren't hidden in some deep corner of the forum >_>

The forum rules are ALWAYS stickied on the top of the section. They choose not to read it out of laziness.

[/quote']

True, it isn't hidden, but it is not the title itself 'News' isn't exactly interesting. Therefore, nobody would really look there. As for section rules, those are stickied at the very top of the page and should immediately be read. There are faults on one side in one situation, and faults in another situation on the other side.

And you're right, it isn't very common to see a card like that, however it IS possible and with the hundreds of cards on here there is probably a card that fits those criteria.

When there are arguments or problems, in different ways, both sides are at fault on different situations.

IMO, there should be a link to the rules at the top of the Main Index page, or change the name of the 'News' section to 'Rules and Announcements'. However, so there is no confusion, that doesn't mean forum announcements should still be at the top of every section page.

Perhaps they should do the same for the general rules. Like no spamming or flaming.

OCG is something, but even though its off you can still know what they are saying and you don't have to post "mAke a better card next TiMe N0ob". "You failz. You haz OCG errorz" Your a noob".

My opinions still remain the same about OCG and probally always will.

I have no clue why the newbies wouldnt read the rules.... Unless they wanna get banned.

Obviously, if you don't know anything your gonna read the rules. Its not like they are sooo hard to find. Its stickied and its titled "REALISTIC CARDS RULES"..

problem solved..

OCG is something' date=' but even though its off you can still know what they are saying and you don't have to post "mAke a better card next TiMe N0ob". "You failz. You haz OCG errorz" Your a noob".

My opinions still remain the same about OCG and probally always will.

I have no clue why the newbies wouldnt read the rules.... Unless they wanna get banned.

Obviously, if you don't know anything your gonna read the rules. Its not like they are sooo hard to find. Its stickied and its titled "REALISTIC CARDS RULES"..

problem solved..

[/quote']

I was talking about the rules section in general. All sections have their rule threads stickied, but what about the rules that apply everywhere? Not everybody finds them, and News section doesn't exactly sound like an interesting topic.

i stopped reading at page 1 so i may be repeating. not to brag, but i have played a lots of yugioh games and consider myself kinda god att OCG´s. i tell ppl what i think and try not to b hard.and newbies, ( am a newbie to so its hard to say this) deserves help improving themselves. since we all of was kinda sucky in the beggining (wich explains why god created bad ppl and school).i also think its bad if u say like bad card1/10 without explaining why. my word has been spoken, and so i am pleased.

@regalsword65, i've noticed that a new person posts a card that is good or awsome, its mainly the hipocriqtes(sp?) who post negative replies. check out pop culture cards ppl are posting on my beyblade cards that they suck ppl they dont like beyblade. its a dislike, like thing on here

Like I said' date=' people should be helped, but others tend to disagree. There isnt even a good reason to hate newbies considering it does nothing. Helping does something. You know you did something usefull. Once you say FAIL/10, it shows how lazy you are.

[/quote']

Not quite. It could also show how you think you are all that. They think that if you say harsh internet termonology you are cool. No. It means you are either lazy, you are misinterpreting the internet system, or you think you are cool. Which, if you say that to a newb's bad card, than you are not. That's just harsh, rude, and unnecessary.

Like I said' date=' people should be helped, but others tend to disagree. There isnt even a good reason to hate newbies considering it does nothing. Helping does something. You know you did something usefull. Once you say FAIL/10, it shows how lazy you are.

[/quote']

Not quite. It could also show how you think you are all that. They think that if you say harsh internet termonology you are cool. No. It means you are either lazy, you are misinterpreting the internet system, or you think you are cool. Which, if you say that to a newb's bad card, than you are not. That's just harsh, rude, and unnecessary.

If you're on this forum, you are most assuredly not cool. >_>

My advice would be to get out of CC every now and then. Being constantly surrounded by bad cards is bad for your disposition. The more bad cards you try to rate, the more irritable and less helpful your posts are going to get.

Archived