[Lock] Newb Defense League [Lock]

Max Darkness

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lex' date=' Max and me are participating in a Tag Team Contest.

[/quote']

hehe

as i did, with max

but somehow..the group killed itself...and our team was killed with it ...

Remember that max? ^^

BTW

I love your wiki page about Ultimate Monarchs O.o

I do. They were monsters that you needed to take damage to summon, if I remember correctly.

And the Ultimate Monarchs have been updated to include "Caius Eternal" and all the "Guards".

@Max: Well I kinda got it from Pixiv so I could reas the artist's name. I can PM it to you f you really want it?

Cool.

[align=center]If anyone gets the time to, would they go ahead help me out by finding a picture for this card, and fix the OCG so it is better understandable, if not already. I'd really appreciate it.

[spoiler=Deckers Royalty]

267894x.jpg

Lore

Once per turn, you can return this card to your hand. Reveal this card to your opponent for 2 or more Standby Phases. If you have this card revealed for 3 turns by this effect, add 1 card from your deck to your hand. If you have this card revealed for 6 turns by this effect, destroy 2 cards. If this card is in your hand by this effect for 9 or more turns, destroy this card and all cards but 20 in your opponents deck. Skip your next 2 turns. This card cannot be Summoned or Set while revealed.

It's part of a set I'm making, now. I kind of had this whole idea planned out, but had to see if it would be a deal breaker or not, so 1 of my cards I released had some good feedback. But yea, so, if someone would, would they help, me please and thanks.

@Max: Your teaming up with War Torn in a contest, thats cool and interesting. [/align]

@ XzY: Here's a possible picture;

w20we9.jpg

But that last effect is very overpowered. If your opponent runs a 50-card Deck and you draw this during the first couple of turns; by the time they're down to 40-ish cards, you will send half their Deck to the Graveyard. Sure, you can't do anything for two turns, but a wall and a couple of traps the turn before will offset that. And regardless, your opponent has lost a huge number of turns and more importantly, 20 turns.

This would be part of a stall Deck, obviously, so they could need 40 turns to get rid of you. An effective stall Deck, coupled with some mill tactics, using this as its trump will make your opponent's Deck-Out a certainty.

Thats what I intended this card to be, so you saw right through my plot, how dare you. I was thinking this would make stall decks more playable and more fun, and at least, if you didn't like the strategy, you could use the card in a different deck and hoped it would work. So, what do you think of the idea, I could bump up the turns on this card, I originally had it go 4, 8, than 12...

Also, I love that picture. Can I use that. Who do I give credit to?

@Wham: Oh, okay. But how would that counter it effectively, you get three battle phases, wouldn't you want to get rid of your opponents hand at least.

@Max: thanks. Do you think I should boot up the turns on that card, a tad bit, or lower its atk a few.

@Max: If you do, I would do like the rotation thing, so you actually get credibility on the cards, b/c if you post all 50 of them, I couldn't read all of them. So, maybe 5 at a time, or max 10 cards at a time, like a week or two weeks, like you did before.

@ Whamo: So what if you have 3 Battle Phases if they have a wall/"Level Limit" card face-up and all your strongest monsters were just dumped in the Graveyard? You still won't be able to do anything. Plus, if they have a face-down "Dark Bribe", "Waboku" or "Destruction Jammer", you will still be at a horrific advantage.

@ XzY: I would make it so it sends a number of cards equal to the number of your Standby Phases it's been revealed for, up to a maximum of ten.

It's still in there favor. they get 3 turns back to back. They can wipe your field clean, more than once mind you, and you can do much about it. Destruction jammer only works once max...and if they use thestalos on that card after nine turns, well you're screwed. He'll provide such an opening. And b/c the 2 turns effect is a cost, that gives them 3 turns to do as they please with you, and then the duel starts off as normal again...and there are ways to destroy/sen cards, like sky scoruge noleras...That would screw them over so bad...I can see it now....

I tribute Sangan to summon Thestalos. I activate his effect send that card to yur grave...Then...hmmm oh I kno...I'll add necro ngardna to my hand.

(you have sky scourge noleras in your hand but they can summon it.) I activate exchange...swap...

there are a lot of ways that could break or make a duel...its like sinister desperation

It's still in there favor. they get 3 turns back to back. They can wipe your field clean' date=' more than once mind you, and you can do much about it. Destruction jammer only works once max...and if they use thestalos on that card after nine turns, well you're screwed. He'll provide such an opening. And b/c the 2 turns effect is a cost, that gives them 3 turns to do as they please with you, and then the duel starts off as normal again...and there are ways to destroy/sen cards, like sky scoruge noleras...That would screw them over so bad...I can see it now....

I tribute Sangan to summon Thestalos. I activate his effect send that card to yur grave...Then...hmmm oh I kno...I'll add necro ngardna to my hand.

(you have sky scourge noleras in your hand but they can summon it.) I activate exchange...swap...

there are a lot of ways that could break or make a duel...its like sinister desperation

[/quote']

Still, if you're getting dead draws on account of your Deck being wiped out, it will slow you down. Also, almost no-one uses "Thestalos" because he isn't as useful or splashable as the other six. So your chance of having it in your hand, ready to summon are very low.

And your chances of choosing the revealed card are low if they have more than one card in their hand; "Thestalos'" effect is random. You have no way to garauntee that you discard the card you want.

Plus, even if you don't have dead draws, if they have "Gravity Bind" or another stall card, you'll still have to get rid of that before making any progress.

Finally, if you do happen to get rid of it a turn or two before it activates, it's no disadvantage to your opponent; they simply have to wait until another one of their stall/burn cards appears. It's got no negative effects. And that's the problem.

I must say your point is valid. But the cards effect is still very powerful and can make or break a duel. If they are an opponent who can work out ways around this, via synchro summoning Black rose or other monsters, they can get through this. It's conceivable that unless the person who activated the effect planned out the move to stall for a few turns, then someone will be screwed.

Royally. I would like to see how a duel would work against that card.

Also there are cards that can be used to help yu in this situation like Cemetery bomb or Exodius.

And monkey please post it, that's what we are here for.

And War you wear the star proudly.

[/quote']

hehe

as i did, with max

Remember that max? ^^

BTW

I do. They were monsters that you needed to take damage to summon, if I remember correctly.

And the Ultimate Monarchs have been updated to include "Caius Eternal" and all the "Guards".

yeah right..found them in my PM-box

nice ones...we wouldve won anyways ^^

[/quote']

hehe

as i did, with max

Remember that max? ^^

BTW

yeah right..found them in my PM-box

nice ones...we wouldve won anyways ^^

I saw some of the other cards for that round. I remember thinking, "we've won this easily!".

may i have the wik page to the caius monarch cards...

I know its kinda foolish but i really want to make these into almost legitimate yugioh cards...

Click the link "Behold the Ultimate Monarchs" in my sig and scroll down to the Template at the bottom of the page.

@Max: Well I kinda got it from Pixiv so I could reas the artist's name. I can PM it to you f you really want it?

Cool.

Does that mean that you want me too PM it to you?

Yes it does.

Archived