Yu-Gi-Oh: The False Cards (Accepting by PM) (Started!) [Basic]

encapturer

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vincent walked back to the guest duel rooms and placed one of the cards on hid duel disk. The card appeared like normal but seemed have more smoke than normal. Out of the card appeared a large white and gold mech with a large shield. He looked at the card and gasped when he saw that it had 4000 defense and 0 attack. He read the cards name Spacebound Mech: Blocker. "Fitting name for this card." Vincent looked at the monstercard again and tried to figure out where it had really come from.

((there are other people outside? O.o))

"Just rumors, really," Evan replied. "I heard that they go after people with strong decks." Evan glanced around the room. It seemed like the policeman got a handle of the situation, and calmed the others down. "The police never found any of the victims, either..." Evan continued, remembering something he read in a newspaper a few days ago.

Luis looked around as the cops kept searching the scenes.

Seriously... what's going on?

The tournament had gone into an intermission after the first round was over, so he'd decided to have a look around the building some more.

That man... just who was he?

As he turned a corner, he overheard something that caught his attention.

"....Duelist Kidnappers?"

Two people were talking, but something that made him stick around longer were some of the next words he'd heard.

"...police never found any of the victims..."

Wait... that man... disappeared... could this be related...?

Deciding to join the conversation, Luis quickly stepped around the corner.

"What's all this talk about Duelist Kidnappers I've been hearing, then?"

Evan looked up to find a familiar face joining in. It seemed like Luis didn't run into any trouble after all.

"Just what I said." Evan replied to Luis' question. "Seems like one of them is lurking about here, so the police locked down the arena." Evan glanced up at one of the monitors in the room to see that the tournament was still continuing. "Wonder why the tournament wasn't canceled, though." Evan wondered out loud.

Quite the coincidence, no...?

Luis let this mull over in his thoughts for a second, then resumed his inquiry.

"Yeah, it would make sense to see them at a place like this. Though... I'm curious..." At this point, his voice had become nothing more than a loud whisper.

"What do you think these guys would look like? And..." Looking around suspiciously, Luis added the final suspicion he was gonna let slip before revealing about the man he dueled.

"...do you think these Duelist Kidnappers are... normal people...?"

Evan sighed; another person had asked him about the situation. This person was sneaking around, like he didn't want to be seen. "Duelist Kidnappers are here in the arena," Evan repeated himself, not really wanting to argue right now. He hoped this would be the last time he would have to say that.

He turned back around to the others catching bits and pieces of their conversation. Even though it was quiet, he was able to catch Luis' last question.

"Normal People?" Evan was a little confused at the question. "They could probably maybe look like normal people?" Evan said, not really sure. Of course, the fact that people who can see smoke from the cards look otherwise normal themselves...

"Might be how they're going around unnoticed..." Evan added, shrugging. The more he thought about it, the more it seemed obvious. After all, for something like this, it would be best to not stand out.

Figures that these guys don't know anything about that man.

"Well... I think I might have a lead." Luis watched as the two guys looked at him.

"Oh?"

I suppose it'd be alright to talk...

"Well, as we all know, and it'd be useless to hide the fact anymore... I think I saw this Duelist Kidnapper." His eyes avoided theirs, as he awaited the accusations that would probably follow.

"It was a suspicious guy. He kept going on about... the cards that give off the black wisps..." Luis pulled out a False Toon World and watched as black smoke poured out from it.

"He called them False Cards, and challenged me to a Duel... not only that, but when I summoned a... False Card...." He still couldn't get used to calling it that.

"...his monsters went straight through it. The only reason I won was because I used one of the non-smoking cards to beat him. And... one final thing..."

He closed his eyes and recalled the image.

"When I finally defeated him... he disappeared... into a forme of light..."

OoC: I'm so sorry, I've had internet problems over the last few days, they took down internet access to put in fibre optics to give the area increased internet speed, meaning it was down for a while. How much have I missed, and can anyone give me a quick debriefer? I know this is pure OoC, to any mods reading, but I'm unable to do not OoC till I know what is going on. =P

((Police came and barricaded the arena. No one can get in or out, but the tourney continues. They're hunting duelists kidnappers, which are going after false seekers, and they have the ability to temporarily 'void' false cards (the game continues as if the card isn't there), though that can be resisted with a 'strong enough' card (usually sig. cards).))

"False Cards?" Evan heard of that term before. Sometimes it was used in reference to the cards he had that emitted the black fog. This made no sense to him, since they still worked in a duel.

"What did he look like?" Evan asked. "He might still be here, for all we know."

"I dunno. I didn't really get a good look at any of his features..."

Closing his eyes, Luis recalled the image of the man in his mind. All he could really remember was Neo The Magic Swordsman going through Gemini Elf and slashing at him, as if he was going through nothing but a mere ghost.

Then, though, as he replayed the scene of Neo retreating back to his master, Luis remembered something.

"He was wearing a shirt with the KaibaCorp logo on it..."

"At least, we can look out for that." Evan nodded and closed his eyes; trying to go over what was said. Not much to go on, to be sure. He was interrupted by a sharp pain in the back of his head... those pills did not work, after all, he thought. The instinctively grabbed for the pocket his deck was kept, confirming that they were still there.

"Well, I think we should probably take this time to look around for these guys." Evan said to the small group. "Better than sitting around here." After all, Evan reasoned, he heard of a reward for helping catch these criminals. He wasn't sure of how much, but with the police's recent actions, it had to be significant.

((Didn't notice that. And... done. Guess that's what happens when you're limited by time...))

"They probably won't attack here..." Behind Luis' shoulder, Evan noticed the officer from before urging a child to stay with the group in the room. "Best bet would probably be to wander around," he added quietly. He wasn't sure if this would be the best option, but this was all he could think of.

Archived