Yu-Gi-Oh: The False Cards (Accepting by PM) (Started!) [Basic]

encapturer

Fleur was sitting in the waiting room when she heard the announcement.

Better get going then... She raised from where she was sitting and entered the elevator. When she reached the the arena she stepped into it and looked at the crowd, then she placed her deck in the duel disk and it auto-activated. She waited for her opponent to show up.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solomon laughed. It appeared that the belle jeune and he would finally meet in a duel. Whether he lost or won at this stage was not particularly important, as he'd amassed no less than six False Cards from previous duels for Industrial Illusions to examine. Still, what was one more duel? He strapped on his duel disk, and headed to the elevator.

When the arena arrived, he stepped out slowly, to the roaring cries of the crowd. He placed his Deck in his Duel Disk, which smoothly slide into duel position. This was what he'd always dreamed of as a youth, being in a tourament. He may not be the most skillful of duelers, and would on occasion make stupid mistakes, but he had access to every single card Industrial Illusions offered, giving him an immensely powerful deck, and so far, that had been enough.

He pulled an arbitrary card at random from the selection of true cards Industrial Illusions had offered him. Intimidating and menacing, the picture showed a Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon, a must for any collecter. He flicked it over to Fleur, and it landed at her feet.

"Let's have a little bet, hey? I win, you give me a card of my choice from your deck. You win, you can keep that. Can't give you a better deal than that."

Fleur looked down at the card that landed at her feet.

"A rae card, indeed. But it's of no use for my deck, so I won't need it..." She picked the card up and threw it back to Solomon. "I know what you're after, and if you win I will gladly give this to you." She pulled out the cursed Red-Eyes that she had traded just before the tournament. She could hear it's voice again, but she didn't bother. The dark smoke was dripping from it, but before it reached the ground it disappeared.

"I think it's ladies first, right?" She then said and made ready to draw, waiting for Solomon's response.

Solomon was mildly impressed. Whatever the belle jeune dueled for, it didn't appear to be money or rare cards, seeing as she'd refused the offer. She also appeared to have similar skills to him, if she could detect false cards - for the one she showed him certainly was false. A greasy, noxious haze of black smoke wafted from it, before slowly cascading downwards. It reminded him vaguely of dry ice machines, only black.

"Madmoiselle, it would be an honour to grant you the first draw, provided I may enjoy your company after the duel?"

Now Fleur got a bit confused. Enjoy your company? Is this monsieur asking me for a date? She quickly shook the thought out of her head.

"Let's just get this duel started! Draw!" She drew her sixth card and looked at it. "I set a monster, and then two cards face-down. Your move, monsieur!"

((Whoops, sorry bringerofcake, I guess I missed that post. Time to reply...!))

"I'm okay now..." Evan replied, shaking his head to help calm himself and relieve any lingering pain. His nervousness returned, as the other two at the table seemed worried. "It happens from time to time." That was no lie, though before the headaches were all extremely light; more similar to a slight tugging feeling in the head for a few moments. This was more like someone stepping on his brain.

At that moment, a young man wearing a sportcoat approached the three at the table, asking about the smoke from the cards. He seemed rather direct about the fact too.

"Wisps? No idea what you are talking about." Evan shrugged; it was his default reaction to anyone asking about the smoke. While he thought the scarf lady and the foreigner probably could not see the smoke, this guy definitely could. He wasn't sure if he was looking to trade or anything, though.

~~~

"I summon Stardust Dragon! Attack directly!" A well-dressed man was dueling in an alleyway against a similarly dress woman.

"That fake.... begone." The woman raised her hand, and black smoke appeared around Stardust Dragon, as if it was generated from within the dragon.

"What? What did you do? What happened to you?" The man shivered, obviously scared of the woman.

"I just learned the truth," the woman replied, emphasizing the last word. "And since you started using that dragon, you have been corrupted."

"What, the smoke?" The man asked hysterically. "You couldn't see it before."

"Yes. I couldn't see it before." She replied calmly as she summoned a Nin-Ken Dog to the field. "But now that I know, I cannot let you live. Attack."

The monster dashed right by Stardust Dragon, now nothing more than a sphere of smoke. The man, having lost the duel, collapsed to the ground unconscious. The woman smiled to herself as the two duelists vanished in a flash of light.

~~~

Outside, in the city, the police had their hands full tracking a sudden burst of kidnappings. Otherwise ordinary people would challenge others to duels, with their opponent falling unconscious after losing. Spectators of the duels have said that some of victim's cards did not work during the duel. The only hint that they had was that the hologram of the card or monster would be shrouded in darkness, as if it wasn't even there. After the duel, both participants would vanish, leaving law enforcement baffled.

((False Seekers: These guys are coming for us, of course. Fortunately we can stave off the negation of our False Cards in duels to a point, particularly if it is a signature card.

Seekers: They really don't mind Seekers, though they may want to recruit you in their war against False Seekers if they spot you dueling well.

Normal Duelists: They don't mind you. Apparently, only False Seekers are tainted, even though normal duelists may still use rare cards. In a duel, the can still nullify false cards, and unfortunately, you can't fight against it. They wouldn't... normally... show off this ability, though, unless it's against a False Seeker.

And, yeah. There are some of these guys at the tournament/in the crowd right now. Not related to Industrial Illusions, of course, no matter how much they hate False Cards.))

Bob was happy he had decided to look at this duel, a bet would make it much more interesting. Neither of them looked like a gambler and neither of them seemed to have wagered there Key Card making the bet less interesting than it normally would have, but a bet was a bet. If there was a bookmaker around here I would put something on the french one. thought Bob Lets see if I would have won anything.

Luis looked up at the newcomer.

Wisps... Meaning, he can see these, too...

Decided to try and play dumb, he responded to the newcomer's proposition, as well.

"Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. Cards that produce black Wisps? Who's ever heard of anything weird like that?"

Best keep this a little secret until I can find out more...

Something was amiss. These people had information on the wisp cards, but they were playing ignorant about it. There was no point in making a scene, though so we went straight to business.

"Hmm. I had been hearing rumors about people playing weird smoking cards. It seemed too odd to be true. Anyway, would you all care to trade? I assure you all of my cards don't carry a single wisp."

Sam sat in the crowd, cheering for Fleur. When he'd talked to her earlier, she seemed friendly (yet a little odd), and after winning in her previous match Sam was pretty sure she'd win.

He wondered though... If half time was long enough (seeing as it would start after this duel), could he slip in a duel with another member of the audience? With all this excitement going on, and still bursting with energy from his match earlier (even though it was hours earlier) he couldn't resist the chance when it came.

The duel spirit of Light Orb seemed to know what he was thinking, as it started bouncing around his shoulders excitedly.

OoC: When the rp get deeper into the plot, I'll probaly update the actions of Light Orb more and make it more like Sam's guide through the rough times that are coming up.

"Trading, eh?" So, he wasn't gonna let this go anytime soon. "Sorry, man, but even if these cards have got something off about them, they're still the cards I've built my deck with, and they're still the cards I've already gotten really attached to. I don't know about anyone else, but as for me, nah, I'm cool."

Interesting...

"However, since you can seem to sense these things... I'm curious, does your deck contain any of these oddities?"

Vayne had fallen asleep through most of the duels. When he finally woke up some people were looking at him oddly. He just yawned, streched a bit, and ignored them. He looked at the giant screen to see who was about to duel. "Solomon and Fleur? Kind of odd names but look who's talking. My name is basically a different spelling of an emotion which doesn't really describe me at all. Oh well doesn't matter. I'll just hope this duel isn't boring. I would've woke up for nothing."

"Huh... I've began to suspect that. I don't really get headaches, per se, but my body's feelin' mighty fatigued right now..." Luis stretched his legs out, trying to ease the pain a little.

"If these cards are the source of the pain, then what do we do then? I dunno about anyone else, but as I said, I like these cards. Even if they do something weird to my body, I see that as no reason to stop using them. What do you propose, if this little theory is the case?"

Ira stared blankly around at the boys that were flocking to the table and ranting about 'wisps' of smoke. She lowered her eyes to her cards, before slowly shaking her head and pulling her cards protectively towards herself, "Alright then..." She murmured, closing her eyes for a moment as she did so, "Smoking cards, whatever you say." She said, sighing heavily as she rose and tucked her own cards back into her bag, "If you're trying to make me feed into some stupid scam, like a guy I met earlier, it's not gonna work. I didn't fall for it the first time, I'm not falling for it now. Trying to convince me my cards are worthless is a pretty low move, you know. If you wanted to trade, I'd do so fairly, but since everyone at this stupid tournament is trying to make a fool of me, I think I've stuck around long enough," she huffed, clearly offended. She secured her pack, and hesitated slightly before turning to leave.

"Hold on, Ms... Sorry, I don't know your name." Luis turned to the woman who seemed majorly offended. "I don't think anyone here is trying to scam you out of your cards. I understand if you think we're slightly mental, but trust me... there IS something odd about some of these cards."

Luis pulled out his deck. He drew out the True Toon World, and one of the False Toon Worlds.

"Let's try something.... I want you to hold these both in your hand. Try hard, and see if you can sense anything.... different about them." He handed her the cards before added on one final sentence.

"And, personally, even though these cards can be odd... I don't think they're worthless at all."

Ira paused as one of the males spoke to her, turning her head over her shoulder to view Luis as he spoke to her. For a moment she turned to face the empty hall, before gradually sitting back down in the chair she had been sitting in before. She rest her bag in her lap, ready to bolt just in case they did turn out to be out to scam her cards from her.

She looked to him as he offered her the cards, slowly taking each into a hand, she looked between them, brows furrowed. She rose her eyes briefly to Luis, 'If he's trying to make me look stupid, I'll make him eat these cards,' she thought, before slowly returning her eyes to the cards.

Eventually, she set both Tune Worlds on the table, "They're identical, besides the fact that one looks like it had a little more wear." She said, crossing her arms over her chest as she shrugged.

Evan watched as the foreigner and new guy go on about the cards and smoke. Truthfully, it wasn't as informative as he had hoped; just a bunch of speculations. He decided to wait until the scarf lady brought out the cards and the medicine...

Except she didn't. Apparently she was put off by the sudden supernatural talk. Evan wasn't quite sure what to do; these two may actually have some useful information, but the chance to complete his deck was walking out. She came back and began chatting with the foreigner about the cards, though, so maybe all was not lost.

Evan thought it was a waste of time, certain people aren't affected, after all. In the end, this was all getting on his nerves. "We were in a middle of a trade here," he grumbled at everyone at the table.

Ira's gaze diverted to Evan as he spoke. She remained still for a moment, eying him up thoughtfully, until she came to the conclusion that he had not mentioned anything about smoke coming off of the cards. She reluctantly brought out her own cards once more, obviously tempted by the Blast Magician that she needed for her collection.

Slowly, she brought out her card tin, as well as the case that held her deck. It was then that she began to fish out other things, a pad of paper, a few pens, a pencil, her keys, her wallet, a bottle of steak spice, and finally, a bottle of Aspirin, which she slid across the table to Evan. "They're pretty strong, so it should make the head ache go away," she commented, slowly putting her things back into her pack.

"Everything else aside, what sort of cards are you looking for? Anything in particular?" She asked Evan, absently opening the plastic case that held her deck, she flipped through it, clearly unaware of the few wisps of smoke that emerged from several of the cards in her hands.

"I need... something with that can restore lifepoints continually." Evan said, his energy returning. "Or at least that can heal me more than once." He took a pill out of the medicine bottle and pushed it back over. "I have a Solemn Wishes already but just that isn't cutting it."

Now that the smoke was back to manageable levels, he felt much better. Even still, he never really tried medicine to counter the headaches before. When the smoke first started getting to him, he didn't have a job, and decided that it wasn't worth it. And nowadays the headaches, if he had them, would usually be so minor that it wasn't worth getting medicine, once again. Of course, free medicine is free medicine. Evan stared at the pill for a few moments, then palms it. "And... Thanks for the medicine... I'll go take it with some water when we're done here," Evan finally said, feeling a little guilty for taking it for experimental reasons.

~~~

A few men wandered the halls of the arena, seemingly searching for something. They moved together, to not look too suspicious. They all wore average clothing... shirts, jeans, pants. Once alone, one of the men stopped.

"This isn't working," He said, now that they were alone. "We should split up."

"You may be right," another said. "Everyone remember what to do?"

"Yep. Capture the False Seekers, in secret of course." After a third man muttered this, all the men split up and searched seperately."

((If you want to run into one of these guys, just post how they found you))

"Hm, well, let me see what I have," Ira commented, carefully opened the tin, which had an image of her three favorite cards on the cover. She immediately removed piles of cards carefully from within it. The first pile she set down consisted of trap cards, the second monsters, and the third had magic cards. "I may have something that interests you," she informed him, nodding in acknowledgment as he thanked her for the pill.

She then began to riffle through her magic cards, humming a little tune to herself. Her fingers flipped expertly through the mass of cards, until she found what she was looking for. "Here it is, Spell Absorption. You get 500 life points every time a magic card is activated," she told him, though the text on the card confirmed this. She set it down, wondering if it was of interest to him, while she allowed her mind to wander to her other cards, pondering whether or not there was anything else she had to offer him.

OOC: Well, I guess I'm not too late

IC: Jake had been watching some of the duels with mild interest. He had been watching, but some of the holograms gave him an unusual headache, forcing him to make yet another trip to the snack bar. 'Yes, I'll have vanilla coke' he said tot he teller as he gripped his fringe. 'That comes to *insert whatever amount for a coke*, thank you. And I don't blame you for coming out here. It does tend to get pretty heated in there' the vendor mused as the money was exchanged. 'It's not, that' Jake replied and left. He followed up the stairs to his seat and took a large swig from his drink.

Luis began to contemplate.

Maybe I am just seeing things... I'm nearly blind without these glasses to begin with. But, no... this other guy, and the one who approached us earlier, they knew what I was talking about. Maybe it'd be best to drop this topic for a while.

"Personally, I like White Magician Pikeru. During your Standby Phase, you'll gain 400 Life Points for each monster you control, including her."

Luis watched as she shuffled her deck.

If she's unaware of those cards' special presence... I wonder if she gets affected by them as I do.

Looking around, Luis spotted an odd guy. He looked back at Luis menacingly, then turned the corner into another hall.

If you asked him, he couldn't explain it. He didn't know why he followed the odd man.

"Excuse me for a minute, I want to check something..." Quickly, he stood up and walked in the direction the odd man had taken, hoping to find him. Something gave him the compulsion to find him.

He found him rather quick, actually.

"Spell Absorption... I think I can make it work. Doubling the utility of spell cards; I like that alot!" Evan exclaimed quietly. It sounded something like if his voice was normally extremely loud, and he was straining to talk quietly. "*ahem*" Evan calmed himself down; he did not want to make a scene. "You have awesome cards... I'm gonna see if I have anything else on your list." He rummaged through his pack of cards again as the foreigner explained White Magician Pikeru.

"That's a great one, too." Evan replied, looking up only to find the foreigner walking away. "Huh?" He felt something odd coming from the direction the foreigner was walking. Unfortunately, Evan did not want to be rude and just get up in the middle of trading just to follow some guy. For now, Evan returned to searching his deck and planned to head in that direction when he goes to get some water.

Evan also resolved to learn the names of these people at some point.

The man seemed to be a fan of KaibaCorp, his shirt was emblazoned with its logo. After he turned a corner, he faced Luis, who caught up with him. He placed his duel disk on his arm in silence, all while staring at Luis intently. Finally, the man spoke. "You must be a False Seeker," he said, not expecting a reply. "Since you use those False Cards knowingly, you are corrupt, and now I'll have to take you down." He lifted his arm and activated his Duel Disk, expecting Luis to do the same.

((shadowferret: You can control him for the duel, or I can. Up to you, really.))

Archived