Organization XIII

Phantom Roxas

Yes, and after that Udou would, then Zex (If Zex hasn't done so already), then the rest of the Organization would line up for a chance to kill me.

and I actually go to Festivals in England, and Texas thank you.

@BB

Then perhaps I could lend you some. I have an excellent 140mm in my car, and outback I have a 300mm weapon, along with about 5 Missile Silos.

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DL

I've learned to cope.

@Chuyuri

Your included in the "rest of the Organization" part.

@BB

You've got the wrong guy then.

Because could you have thought this up?

[spoiler=Yeah I designed a Tank so what?]Crew: 4 (Driver, Commander, 2 Gunners)

Buidlers: ScythaCorp/Zio Matrix Arms

Dimensions

Length (with Gun Forward): 9.23m

Height: 2.76m

Width: 4.5m

Weight: 61.2 tonnes

Ground Clearance: .35m

Performance

Maximum Road Speed: 35kph

Maximum Cross Country Speed: 29kph

Range: 475km

Fording Depth: 2m

Fuel Capacity: 1,300 liters

Armament

x1 ZMXL102 140mm Main Gun

x2 7.62mm RA.1 HSMG, one mounted coaxial with the Main gun and the other cupola on the Commander's Hatch.

Power

Engine: MB 873 Ka-501 liquid-cooled V-12 Twin-turbo diesel engine

Transmission: Zio HSWL 357

Power/Weight: 24.1 PS/t

Suspension: Hydropneumatic

Armour

3rd Generation Chobham Composite, with a layer of Steel Armour on top for maximum penetration defense.

NBC Protection SCFM, clean cooled air,

Systems

Matrix Mk.I Optronic Sighting System

ZM "Beta" Search Radar system, max. range of 12km

Zio "Overforce" FCS system

MX Cluster AN/PRC-148 JTRS Enhanced MBITR Radio system (MX Cluster III)

MXL2B Autoloader; allows for 10 140mm rounds per minute.

Background to ZMX-01

ScythaCorp, the leading Arms Manufactuer in Dinosia, was noticing its nation's growing reliance on foreign Vehicle models. As such the corporation embarked on an attempt to produce a domestic Battle Tank. While early attempts were botched at best, the corporation eventually porduced a working prototype. The Machine was dubbed ZMX-01 and was presented to the Dinosian government.

Main Armament

The ZMXL102 was chosen for it's ability to take on enemy armour in combat.

For some time, MBTs the world over have been increasing in speed, armour protection and lethality, and it was becoming more and more evident that the conventionally propelled MBT main gun was reaching its zenith. Main gun bore diameter and projectile sizes can only get so large before the size of the projectile limits the amount of ammunition carried, making vehicle combat ineffective. Thus the ZMX-01 would need to be able to cope with this situation.

For a short period of time ScythaCorp considered a prototype Cannon that launched small missile rounds, but this was quickly scrapped when urban combat was considered.

Eventually ScythaCorp decided on their new Model Cannon, taking tips from Lyran and Raludcia Model Cannons. The Cannon was dubbed the ZMXL102, a 140mm gun. This gun would still be able to Fire NATO rounds but was now also compatable with League rounds, thus reducing Logistic costs.

Larger size is offset by fewer rounds held. ScythaCorp knew this but thought that if the first round didn't penetrate, then the tank would have bigger issues. Mainly the enemy's counterattack.

At the heart of the ZXML102 is a 140mm smoothbore gun, using new Gas Assistance technology the Range and power of the gun is increased while recoil is reduced.This is important because it assists with reducing wear on parts, increasing barrel life, and allowing for higher rates of fire by the larger and high-powered 140 mm weapon.

The Gun is capable of holding a total of thirty to thrity-five rounds, these are stored near the rear of the Gun.

Secondary Armament

The only other weapon equipped to the ZMX-01 is the Raludcian 7.62mm RA.1 HSMG. One is coaxially mounted to the main gun to provide an easy way to eliminate enemy personnel without wasting larger, more expensive tank rounds. This gun is remote controlled by the second gunner, allowing both weapons to be used simataniously. The other HSMG is attached to the Commader's Hatch in cupola style which allows the Commander to assist his crew during combat against large numbers of enemies.

The coaxially placed HSMG uses the Matrix Mk.I Optronic Sighting System and uses a Thermal and Visible color channel. The Mk.I is useable at ranges up to 7km in Thermal and 5km in Visible color. It can be operated in both Day and Night situations and can be used for a full 360 degree view while still providing stable imaging.

Computer systems

The Zio "Overforce" FCS system takes data from all of the sensors on the vehicle it is being used on, and uses this data to compute a firing solution for the selected weapon. This greatly enhances accuracy and reduces friendly fire incidents.

The 'Overforce" features include:

-laser datalink where possible, Satellite where not uplink. Can be relayed through other units.

-Sub-awareness data gathering

-Operator streamed data presentation

The "Overforce" is supported by the MX Cluster AN/PRC-148 JTRS Enhanced MBITR Radio system or MX Cluster III for short. This sets up a Local Area Network which allows internet access for the troops (at DSL speeds each for up to 3 users at a time). Both outgoing and incoming transmissions on this system being screened by Military Intelligence experts and Communications Technicians ensures that nothing that isn't meant to be transmitted is.

The Encryption strength for the communication system is said to be around 498 bits, and the radio systems are also frequency agile, for further communications security.

Signal Reduction

There is a second air intake that is used to force outside air through a forced air radiator, where it is mixed with the exhaust in order to reduce the IR signature of the engine's exhaust. This system can be switched off in NBC conditions in order to preserve crew health, and the serviceability of the tank. The forced air cooling of the exhaust evenly reduces the temperature of the exhaust, thus making the ZXM-01's IR signature harder to detect.

Countermeasures

Self-Sealing Fuel Tank

The Fuel tank of the ZMX-01 is designed to seal itself closed when penetrated, most likely by an enemy weapon. The tank consists of two layers of rubber, one is vulcanized rubber while the other is untreated. Between these two layers is a composite foam that improves absorption and the sealing process. When a fuel tank is punctured, the fuel will spill on to the layers, causing the swelling of the untreated layers, thus sealing the puncture.

This makes a fuel tank explosion caused by enemy weapons fire less likely, therefore providing a further safety margin for the crew.

Crew Amenities

ScythaCorp considered the Crew as a very important factor, knowing what a demoralized crew would cause. Thus they had a drinking station installed. This station holds two 10 gallon compartments, one for warm, the other for cool water. This would also help the crew with meals on the go, since the warm water could be used to hydrate dehydrated rations.

The NBC system also provides the comfort of cool air within the vehicle, thus preventing heat stroke and rapid dehydration.

The Vehicle is capable of carrying up to 3 weeks worth of rations, and 2 months worth of dehydrated rations.

Nope, that is the design.

A list would basically be:

Length:

Gun:

Stuff:

More Stuff:

etc.

That isn't what this is.

Don't make me fire my Positron Cannon at you (if it helps, picture x25 the power of the MoonStone cannon hitting you).

@BB

Nexev is busy with... other things. Besides he makes the ideas, but I'm the one who actually builds them.

No I couldn't because it failed to destroy the whole fleet and us.

Now I can destroy the whole fleet and them some.

But when concentrated....

@Freeshooter

I had already guessed that you would sell small arms.

and only Roxas and Lar can stop me from selling Jelly beans. and even then they will have a hard time.

No one gets between me and my Jelly beans.

Archived