Official Runescape Discusion Thread

Skyfi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just joined recently, I got this Santa Hat thingy, how much is it worth?

Click your armour page, then click the money bag to bring up the Price Checker.

If it's what I think it is, it's a rare dropped for Christmas in 2002 and then never dropped again. As such, they're about 150M. They're the cheapest rares, IIrc

• 2 weeks later...

Iirc, most activities are perfect for the mid-level range. So having quests there wouldn't do much imho, and it allows a buffer period where a person can choose their skill specification or whatever at their own leisure. So it seems kinda silly to add the content for that range beyond obvious scaling equipment or gear requirements/perks to help this along.

@Lunar: There's actually quite a bit for newbies now, and leveling is much faster than what it used to be. Though those quests are more or less for levels 1-15 on most skills and after that it's 30-70 as far as requirements go, it's not that bad at all. I bought enough fish to go from 60-70 cooking easily and that's without the Cooking Vases or whatever I've made to make it slightly faster. The cash for it was earned ridiculously fast too, if you know what you're doing.

@Lunar: There's actually quite a bit for newbies now, and leveling is much faster than what it used to be. Though those quests are more or less for levels 1-15 on most skills and after that it's 30-70 as far as requirements go, it's not that bad at all. I bought enough fish to go from 60-70 cooking easily and that's without the Cooking Vases or whatever I've made to make it slightly faster. The cash for it was earned ridiculously fast too, if you know what you're doing.

Wait...

profits from cooking? Please elaborate.

Profits from cooking is very very very minute. But I don't make money that way, I make money by skilling WC and selling crushed birdnests + Valuables in them, and converting maple into planks. I'm training cooking to 70 so I burn stuff less and can raise Agility easier, as well as any impromptu quest requirements.

There's roughly a 4x gain, from the cost of trading sticks to total conversion and selling afterwards.

Vanstrom is a tough boss, and the battle cost me quite of equipment. Now I know how unprepared for Nomad I am.

Ritual of the Mahjarrat is this month, and a Bonus XP Weekend is next week. I'll probably use that weekend to train for RotM and A Clockwork Syringe. Maybe Nomad's Requiem, although I already have enough big bones to get 70 Prayer.

Archived