so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

I Have An Update! Some Of The Thing I Needed Done Have Been Completed! So Look Below For A Revised List!

The basic plot is a game with ties to another dimension sends an unknown number of gamers into the opposite world, where they have a lot of options from choose from. They can either just try and get back to the "real" world or, as some have found out, use a cluster of incredibly rare gems to become "god-like" figures.

Now the problem that I am having . . . is the actual WORLD. I have names and everything, yet the details need to be put in and that is what I am asking for. Below is a list of the names and information that I want PMed to me [with the title of what was done as the subject].

[spoiler=What I Need Filled Out]

Geography and Climate

History

Foreign Relations and Military

Science and Technology

Transportaion

Energy

Religion

Education

Health

Food

Sports

Monsters

There are a couple I need done . . . ok . . . ALOT I need done.

And these are it

[spoiler=Countries]

Main Contenant

Nomen- small country with mages

Isle of Denmos

Falnerus Ager- small village at war with Sequor

Sequor- small village at war with Falnerus Ager

Vitellus- small vilalge stuck between a stupid "war"

Southern Contenant a barren toxic wasteland

Grando

Rennac

Rigwald

Taizel

Impress me . . .

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reposted from above with translations added in

[spoiler=Codex Alera: Insert Subtitle Here]The year is 153 AV (After Vord, meaning that it takes place 153 years after the events of the last book.) and, for Alera (the human controlled country in the book series), the past century and a half has been one of startling technological and cultural growth. With Gaius Tavarus Magnus' (The protagonist of the book series) implementation of merit-based furycraft (Elemental magic), all races of Carna (The planet the book series takes place on), be they Cane (Werewolf), Iceman Yeti), or Marat (Beastmasters), can now furycraft like any Aleran (human). However, the Vord (Insectoid creatures that eat and breathe green wax called Croach and have a hive mind, also called Zergs in Star Craft) of Canea (Werewolf country), all but forgotten by the rest of Carna by now, have finally begun mounting their attack on the land of Alera. I, First Lord (Title given to the Aleran emperor) Gaius Maximus Desiderus, in tandem with Warmaster (Title given to the leader of one of the Canim, plural of Cane, Ranges/countries) Narash (Werewolf from the book series), Surak (Character created for the RP), the Ambassador to Alera from Maratea (Beastmaster country), and the Icemen's chief, have begun building their army, composed of all four races, to do what should have been done long ago. Stomp out the Vord. Will you answer the call to arms or hide out where it's relatively safe? Know this: If the Vord get their way, there is no such thing as 'safe'.

So stated the third First Lord to take power since the fall of the Vord in the battle of Third Calderon. Which side will you take? Will you crush the Vord like the bugs that they are, or will you fight with them and crush the whole of Carna?

Someone, please rate and tell me what I need to improve

I was actually planning on having the WH40k RP being exclusively Imperium and Chaos. Mainly because they are the two forces I know the most about, and that having ALL of the available forces, I think there's about six total, would be a little difficult. Also two forces in particular, Tyranids and Necrons, would be pretty difficult to RP well as, if only because they don't have much personality to themselves. I'll probably make it on the weekend if I do end up making it.

I Have An Update! Some Of The Thing I Needed Done Have Been Completed! So Look Below For A Revised List!

The basic plot is a game with ties to another dimension sends an unknown number of gamers into the opposite world' date=' where they have a lot of options from choose from. They can either just try and get back to the "real" world or, as some have found out, use a cluster of incredibly rare gems to become "god-like" figures.

Now the problem that I am having . . . is the actual WORLD. I have names and everything, yet the details need to be put in and that is what I am asking for. Below is a list of the names and information that I want PMed to me [with the title of what was done as the subject'].

[spoiler=What I Need Filled Out]

Geography and Climate

History

Foreign Relations and Military

Science and Technology

Transportaion

Energy

Religion

Education

Health

Food

Sports

Monsters

There are a couple I need done . . . ok . . . ALOT I need done.

And these are it

[spoiler=Countries]

Main Contenant

Nomen- small country with mages

Isle of Denmos

Falnerus Ager- small village at war with Sequor

Sequor- small village at war with Falnerus Ager

Vitellus- small vilalge stuck between a stupid "war"

Southern Contenant a barren toxic wasteland

Grando

Rennac

Rigwald

Taizel

Impress me . . .

I was actually planning on having the WH40k RP being exclusively Imperium and Chaos. Mainly because they are the two forces I know the most about' date=' and that having ALL of the available forces, I think there's about six total, would be a little difficult. Also two forces in particular, Tyranids and Necrons, would be pretty difficult to RP well as, if only because they don't have much personality to themselves. I'll probably make it on the weekend if I do end up making it.

[/quote']

But, the Imperium consist of three force types, the Guardsmen, Space Marines and Sisters of battle, vs Chaos, with the Chaos Marine and Dark Eldar. You're pretty much cutting out Tau and Eldar, although Necrons, well, the Pariah's are capable of speech, if that is any concelation.

Well, while I'm not going to fully reveal the plot I will tell you this. The RP I had planned to make involving War Hammer 40k was meant to chronicle the interactions between the Imperium and Chaos during a specific moment in time. I also planned to bring into play the familiar plot element of genetic Experiments in this RP. That's all i really think is necessary to tell of it so far. Also...I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I really don't know much of anything about Tau or Eldar, well aside from Eldar essentially being space-elves and the Tau empire being something akin to War Hammer's version of the covenant.

Anyways, I'll probably be making it later today, which is January 8, 2010 for the record and anyone who comes on later and sees this. It's 5:33 PM central time right now also. Two to four hours from now I'll probably start making it.

@Blackstone: I don't know, maybe a 7/10? I've never had any contact with "Codex Alera," but I'll give that rating after reading the plot.

I have a couple different ideas for RPs, but I think this is my best one:

[spoiler=Cause And Effect]

A normal day. Almost. As you wake up precicely at 12:01 AM, you decide to take a course of action. This action is not, in retrospect, important to the plot, except you decide to stay up late tonight. On the computer, you become bored, and watch the clock on the lower right of your PC count down to an utterly insignificant Midnight. However, as the clock hits midnight, you black out.

One minute later, you regain consciousness. 12:01 precicesly. Today is a normal day. Almost. Halfway through the day, you notice a strange feeling of Deja vu. However, you dismiss it as a sleep problem.

That night, you are on your PC, when you decide to watch the little clock at the bottom right of your screen count down to midnight. An utterly insignificant midnight. Once again, when the small digital clock hits midnight, you black out.

One minute later, at 12:01 AM, you decide to check the date this time. The date is still March 31. The same date as yesterday. However, after double-checking it by asking several people, you realize that only a select few can perceive that "yesterday" was really today, and that this will continue unless you, and these other few people must band together to break this Time Loop.

Provide feedback on a one to ten scale and some questions/comments please.

No questions? Comments? Concerns? Ratings? Suggestions?

If there are none, then I'll assume it's a great idea and use it, even if, in your hearts, you think it sucks.

Here, I'll even repost it for you

[spoiler=Cause and Effect]A normal day. Almost. As you wake up precicely at 12:01 AM, you decide to take a course of action. This action is not, in retrospect, important to the plot, except you decide to stay up late tonight. On the computer, you become bored, and watch the clock on the lower right of your PC count down to an utterly insignificant Midnight. However, as the clock hits midnight, you black out.

One minute later, you regain consciousness. 12:01 precicesly. Today is a normal day. Almost. Halfway through the day, you notice a strange feeling of Deja vu. However, you dismiss it as a sleep problem.

That night, you are on your PC, when you decide to watch the little clock at the bottom right of your screen count down to midnight. An utterly insignificant midnight. Once again, when the small digital clock hits midnight, you black out.

One minute later, at 12:01 AM, you decide to check the date this time. The date is still March 31. The same date as yesterday. However, after double-checking it by asking several people, you realize that only a select few can perceive that "yesterday" was really today, and that this will continue unless you, and these other few people must band together to break this Time Loop.

Archived