so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Anyway, I'm planning on making a new RP. It's fairly big in scope and I haven't made out all the kinks yet, but its loosely based off Sands of Destruction if anyone's played that before.

In any case, the plot more or less goes like this- We've got a world, populated by several races of Animal-people and humans. Every person ever born is born with a Divine Grasp, or a runelike marking, which appears between the shoulderblades on any given person. This marking denotes the abilities and powers of the bearer, but they're generally specialized by race.

For example, all humans have the Proficio marking, which gives them no abilities but allows them to enhance the abilities of those around them. Essentially, the gods created humans to help the other races with their more powerful abilities. However, instead, the Celestials (AKA, the bulk of the animal-people races) treat the human race as servants at best and slaves at worst. There is no human leader, they all serve under all eleven of the Celestial Leaders.

Most Celestials have the Novo marking, which allows them to change from their generally human-like states into more or less Werewolf-like forms, with much higher agility, physical combat ability, higher senses, etc. Because of this, human fighting forces have more or less no chance against Celestial forces.

Some Celestials, mostly the Nobles and Royalty, have the Rector marking, which allows them to control some elements and have higher abilities. They can also suppress or increase the power of Novo-marked Celestials, to the point where they can change a Novo-Marked into a massive monstrosity with enormous power, but no higher thoughts but loyalty. All of the Celestial leaders are Rector-marks, and it generally runs through the family, which is why most of the societies are Monarchical. Unlike Novo marked, they can't change shape by themselves.

In one particular species of former (now exiled) Celestials, there is the Phasma marking, which allows them to transcend life and death in exchange for having their body become a conduit for the Pius and Mallum - two different types of Spirit connected to the Markings, each of which working towards different ends. The Pius use extremely potent powers fueled by the markings of Celestials, and can change Celestial Marks. With enough power, they can even make a new strain of Celestial Mark. Their goal is to destroy the Mallum and keep the world the way it is. The Mallum on the other hand, want to destroy the world and use Humans to that end. They are less noticeable and destructive than the Pius, but gradually push the Human's marks to evolution in their eyes. They have equal strength to the Pius, but show it much more rarely.

Anyway, the main plot of the RP is that, in the humans, a second type of Marking besides Proficio has come into existence; Addo. This new marking essentially turns a human into a Mallum, with the ability to manipulate Human Marks and mutate them. Addo can absorb the powers of other Humans in order to use their own abilities, or they can feed the powers of Human Marks in order to change them, or increase their power.

Among the Celestials and Pius, there is a rumor about a human marking called Letum, of which only one exists. Apparently, Letum has no ability until it is combined with the mark of an Addo, after which it will proceed to turn the entire world into Dust. This prompts a human genocide of all those with Addo marks, or those related to those with Addo, and especially those rumored to have the legendary Letum mark.

It's still a work in progress, but that's what I've got so far. Anyone interested?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway' date=' I'm planning on making a new RP. It's fairly big in scope and I haven't made out all the kinks yet, but its loosely based off Sands of Destruction if anyone's played that before.

[/quote']

Isn't that the anime with the red haired chick with that huge weapon, ninjapirate teddy bear, and that guy who goes all 'DESTROYWORLDDESTINYYES' at the end?

Aww hell yes.

Isn't that the anime with the red haired chick with that huge weapon' date=' ninjapirate teddy bear, and that guy who goes all 'DESTROYWORLDDESTINYYES' at the end?

Aww hell yes.

[/quote']

Also a game that has a somewhat different plot, but coincidentally DOES also have all the things you mentioned.

Any way, what I need is comments on the plot, suggestions for twists or other details, maybe ideas for other gimmicks for the RP... oh, and I need some help deciding on the abilities of some of the Celestials' other Marks.

See, each Celestial is based off a species from the Japanese Zodiac (same as the Chinese Zodiac but Ox instead of Cow and Wild Boar instead of Pig), and while the Novo mark is the most common, each individual species also has their own unique mark that only members of that species can obtain. For example, some members of the Rat-race have the Ereptor mark, which makes them quicker, harder to notice, and can make themselves invisible to all senses for a couple seconds at a time.

I'll just make a handy list of all the species I need Marks for...

Rat- Ereptor; Agility and subtly. Can make selves invisible to all the senses of others for a couple seconds at a time.

Ox- Patientia; Endurance. Muscle and body repairs itself at a record rate, allowing them use much more energy and survive near-fatal wounds. Can regenerate lost limbs over time.

Tiger- Scindo; Rending, Tearing. Possess claws that are perpetually sharp, tearing away even the hardest of other materials near them. Shatters defenses using the pure force of will.

Rabbit- Inculpatus; Through eye contact, can restrict some of a target's bodily capacities, especially the use of certain muscles or hormones, while near user. This can range from making the enemy lose bloodlust, freeze their legs, or become extraordinarily tired, or even stop them mid-swing of a blade. Can only use on one person at a time.

Dragon- Fortuna; Have extraordinary luck in a variety of situations. Circumstances bend to their will. While sleeping or unconcious, can sometimes see and affect things in an astral-state.

Snake- Mentis; Fixation and fascination. Can sense emotions in other people, and manipulate them slightly. Can use the power of suggestion, distract people, and put them to sleep.

Horse- Libertas: Freedom. Can sense lies and untruths, and force people to return to their true states. Can break illusions, bindings and release the true power in those limited by things. Can also pull forth repressed or forgotten memories and manipulate dreams.

Sheep- Sensus; Can increase or decrease the physical sensitivity of themselves or someone they touch.

Monkey- Dico; Can understand and communicate in any language. Can send messages and convey ideas to people from any distance, even without spoken word (though not through telepathy). Can communicate with lesser life (plants, animals) and suggest things to them, which may or may not be followed.

Rooster- Speculum; Can briefly generate a barrier of light around self or other people, reflecting or deflecting anything that hits it for a couple of seconds. Weaker barriers can exist for longer.

Dog- Luna; Can flood themselves with energy, allowing their emotions to overtake them and attack erratically while becoming a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut that rips asunder any and everything in their way. This increases their strength, resilience and skill proportionate to the phase of the moon of the current day.

Tiger should get strength and speed enhancements for offensive purposes. Rabbit should get hearing and running enhancements. Monkey definitely gets dexterity and agility enhancements. Rooster should get flight.

Roosters already fly' date=' they have physical wings.

Also, keep in mind that every species has the capacity of obtaining the [i']Novo[/i] mark, which essentially turns them into a were-Rabbit or Were-Tiger, or whatever, which would obviously increase their physical strength, speed and dexterity to various extends depending on their species. I'd like the off-Mark for those who don't get Novo to be something fairly different. For example, while the Novo form of the Rat race is agile and quick, they can't disappear from all senses like those with Ereptor can.

I'm shying away from any sort of elemental magic or Kinesis for any of the marks, because that's generally what the Rector-marked (The Celestial Monarchy) do, control the elements and whatnot.

Mind control for Snakes might be appropriate, actually.

Hmm... well, (nearly) all the humans have the uniformly useless Proficio marking, which is why they're second-class citizens (They can't stand up to the mark-based armies of the Celestials). Still, part of the plot is that the Proficio mark is being mutated and changed, so that might be an interesting plot point... Marks like Gemini, Taurus, Scorpio and whatnot would stand out as they're Greek Words (as opposed to Latin), emphasizing the 'not natural' aspect of them. Or I could give them weapons with that name, or something like that... meh, I'll figure something to do with the Western Zodiac.

How about the ability to get a lot of professional tough guys start pissing their pants in fear with a single look?

Well, maybe you could do a Saint Seiya thing with the humans and have their zodiac stuff be an anti-Novo type thing where instead of the humans transforming like the Celestials they just get armor that appears from nowhere

Wait, is it Seiya or Saiya?

Well, I gave them hypnosis and slight emotion control, so technically that would be possible.

I'm pretty sure its Seiya. That said, being a romanisation of a language that doesn't use the same letters we do, I don't think it matters.

Mhm, that could work, though I don't want TOO much emphasis on the human's special powers. I want the RP to emphasis that the human race is/was SCREWED up until now.

I'd go with using the western zodiac names as weapons for the humans. Nothing special, ie: Sword that conducts electricity. Something more... Destined like? Or, weapons that enhance a human's power? Whether it be strength, speed, endurance, intelligence, etc. If you make them only obtainable by being found, you can easily tie them into the plot at any given moment. (Which is an excellent Deus Ex Machina)

That being said, I faintly recall a blond female gunslinger that was on the animal's (I'm using this as I forgot what they were called.) side. I'm guessing you'll allow certain people to side change?

That being said' date=' I faintly recall a blond female gunslinger that was on the animal's (I'm using this as I forgot what they were called.) side. I'm guessing you'll allow certain people to side change?

[/quote']

She was a dragonian, AKA, one of the animal-people. It's hard to see, but look closely and she has tiny horns and scales down her spine. She also grows wings and a tail when pissed. Even so, I always plan to let the characters choose their own side (For example, some Humans may hate the Celestials, but they STILL hate the idea of Letum destroying the world even more. Even others might be sincerely loyal to the Celestials, or don't care about the plight of other humans).

Hmmm... I might make it a combination of the weapons themselves and Addo. Maybe they use the weapons as familiars or conduits to hold the power they absorb, or something. They probably wouldn't have any/much power on their own, but shape power put through them, like a cookie cutter for lack of another word.

That being said' date=' I faintly recall a blond female gunslinger that was on the animal's (I'm using this as I forgot what they were called.) side. I'm guessing you'll allow certain people to side change?

[/quote']

She was a dragonian, AKA, one of the animal-people. It's hard to see, but look closely and she has tiny horns and scales down her spine. She also grows wings and a tail when pissed. Even so, I always plan to let the characters choose their own side (For example, some Humans may hate the Celestials, but they STILL hate the idea of Letum destroying the world even more. Even others might be sincerely loyal to the Celestials, or don't care about the plight of other humans).

Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me. >_<

And yeah, I understand you. Although, the weapons would still have an appropriate power/attribute based off their Zodiac, right?

Meh... I think I've bled out everything I can with hypnotism already. Snakes are the actual hypnotists, and rabbits can restrict use of your body...

Meh, the problem with the leader thing is that, anyone who has the off-Mark probably WOULDN'T be a leader, because the majority of Celestial Soldiers would be Novo-Marked, by simple virtue of having werewolf-like supercreatures instead of regular-sized beings with some special abilities.

Btw, the Dog-creatures are actually more like Wolves, if that helps anyone think of anything.

I feel like making a Pokemon RP. But you would play as the pokemon, and the story would be more like Mystery Dungeon's. This would be my first RP here, but I'm having a problem with deciding a story. If somebody does try to help me, note that I would like the story to be at least a bit mature...

Archived