Official Pokemon Black and White thread. (loads of new info with lots of spoilers)

Machoke

How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?

• under 50
    • over 50
    • under 100
    • over 100
    • more than 150

Sableye sucks' date=' and Spiritomb doesn't have well enough stats to take advantages of it's no weaknesses. And while it has no weaknesses, it doesn't have many resistances. It's mainly immunities and neutrals.

[/quote']

Spiritomb is not that bad the only stat is stopping it is its low Base HP but both its Atk and Def stats are great. IF it had a little higher base hp like about 80 than it could be a better wall. other than spiritomb is pretty good.

as for new type make ups that i think would be cool

as stated grass/fire and fire/dragon

i would like to see a fire/water

a fire/ghost would be nice

Ice/Dragon maybe

i would like to see a pure flying type

for bug types

a Fire/Bug maybe nice but then the weakness my kill it if the stats suck XD.

i would not be surpised if 5th Gen. TRIED to make another pokemon to square off against T-Tar. Or now added into the mix T-Tar and Garchomp

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't neg me or anything' date=' BUT WTF IS UU AND OU?!?!?!?!

[/quote']

http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

Usability levels in competitive pokemon. You know, the way all the pokemon masters play the game. Essentially:

Uber- Based off the German term of "greater than". This consists of Pokemon deemed too overpowering to be used in average play. Though a large majority of Ubers are Legendary, it should be noted that not only Legendaries are Uber, and not all Legendaries are Uber.

Overused- The defining pokemon in standard play. Essentially serving as a cut above the rest and the ones you'll be encountering the most of in good teams.

Underused- Another meta created out of pokemon not as effective as OU, leading to a lower tier of play with more variety. Some UU pokemon can be effective in OU(or perhaps Uber), but are labelled as being UU because they're not too overpowering to be allowed in UU play.

Borderline- There isn't a meta surrounding this as far as I know, this only serves as a state of being between that of Overused and Underused. This is because, while the pokemon might not be OU per say, it's too powerful to be allowed into UU as it would essentially dominate.

Neverused- As the name suggests, NU is even lower than UU. This creates the final meta, and like UU has pokemon in it are capable of being used in Uber, OU and UU play, such as Stallrein in OU or Parasect in Ubers.

Basically the ladder of usability is:

0) Uber

1) OU, Borderline

2) UU

3) NU

Well, it seems we're only talking about Evos. but I think they should put some new Evo chains in there! A wolf Pokemon, a leopard Pokemon (could evolve into jaguar or snow leopard), a cheetah Pokemon, a lion Pokemon, and a Tiger Pokemon would be good. Maybe there could be a prevo for them all being a kitty Pokemon (NOT Skitty). Sorta like eevee... Except for big cats! To evolve, the kitty Pokemon would need a large friendship level and certain hold items for each type.

Well' date=' it seems we're only talking about Evos. but I think they should put some new Evo chains in there! A wolf Pokemon, a leopard Pokemon (could evolve into jaguar or snow leopard), a cheetah Pokemon, a lion Pokemon, and a Tiger Pokemon would be good. Maybe there could be a prevo for them all being a kitty Pokemon (NOT Skitty). Sorta like eevee... Except for big cats! To evolve, the kitty Pokemon would need a large friendship level and certain hold items for each type.

[/quote']

Those are all too close to eachother for them to make all those. They might make 2 of those. Also, there's already a wolf.

Well' date=' it seems we're only talking about Evos. but I think they should put some new Evo chains in there! A wolf Pokemon, a leopard Pokemon (could evolve into jaguar or snow leopard), a cheetah Pokemon, a lion Pokemon, and a Tiger Pokemon would be good. Maybe there could be a prevo for them all being a kitty Pokemon (NOT Skitty). Sorta like eevee... Except for big cats! To evolve, the kitty Pokemon would need a large friendship level and certain hold items for each type.

[/quote']

Those are all too close to eachother for them to make all those. They might make 2 of those. Also, there's already a wolf.

Whats the wolf?

Suicune is supposed to be a wolf, I think.

But we could need a more wolf-like.

Edit: Also, Luvdisc evo would be appreciated, since it's pretty useless yet. Maybe an evolution by giving heartscale and level up or trade?

[/quote']

Whats the wolf?

*facepalms* Look at your avatar.

[/quote']

Whats the wolf?

Mightyena is a wolf.

Unless we're talking about 5th gen wolves <_<

Mightyena is a hyena.

Suicune is the only wolf yet' date=' although you could count Houndoom since wolves and dogs are close relatives.

[/quote']

True... I was playing Pokemon Stadium 2 and saw a Houndoom. Those ARE pretty close,but it's more of a dog. Houndoom. The wolf MIGHT not be necessary, just an idea, but the big cats are needed I think.

Starters!

I just Googled it to see if there is one. Suicune, Entei, and Raiku came up here and there, and they DO look a bit like wolves.

Houndoom is a hound, and Suicune is of unknown animal origin. TBQH, though, we have enough relatives of wolves that it seems we don't need another. :D

A simple way to explain it is as a level for how good a pokemon is. OU pokemon on the best while NU pokemon are the worse.

Somebody really hates the Uber tier.

More Steel-Types more Steel-Types' date=' there must be more.

It's hard to say what they'll do next, they,ve used every animal, and ones that don't exist?

[/quote']

What pandorum said...

I think they might even add a new type of pokemon...

but they're probably gonna have robotic/tech pokemon...

This includes steel and stuff like that..

For some odd reason' date=' I want to see a Sharpedo evolution xD

and maybe the same for Tropius/Absol

[/quote']

So do I.

I've seen a lot of cool pokemon here and while none of them will ever become real some would make for really cool pokemon and to see something like them in the 5th gen would make me a happy panda.

Absol needs an evo bad.

Also' date=' they better come up with better names than Black and White. Like Graphite or Obsidian for Black, and maybe Quartz for White.

[/quote']

Black = Dark = Absol. Absol can get an evo.

Don't you love that logic.

IMO Black and White is a cool title.

Absol needs an evo bad.

Also' date=' they better come up with better names than Black and White. Like Graphite or Obsidian for Black, and maybe Quartz for White.

[/quote']

Black = Dark = Abso. Absol can get an evo.

I do love that logic. <3

They're...okay. But due to racial issues in America they might be renamed.

Absol needs an evo bad.

[/quote']

I do love that logic.

I know, but if people make a big deal about the color black it will just show how far we've come in handling race issues.

What could they rename it.

Absol needs an evo bad.

[/quote']

I do love that logic. <3

I know, but if people make a big deal about the color black it will just show how far we've come in handling race issues.

What could they rename it.

Pokemon Obsidian and.....Marble/Chert?

Archived