Official Pokemon Black and White thread. (loads of new info with lots of spoilers)

Machoke

How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?

• under 50
    • over 50
    • under 100
    • over 100
    • more than 150

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you joking' date=' there is not a single 4th Gen evo I wouldn't use in battle. They're all fantastic Pokemon.[/quote']

Bidoof?

Nah Absol and Banette are passable Pokemon. Chimecho and Spinda are the two that most need an evo.

Dunsparce.

!

Gyarados Evolution' date=' Fire/Water-type!

[/quote']

It's already an OU. It would instantly become an Uber.

Has anyone thought of the idea that maybe there should be a Normal elolution of Eevee?

Yes. It would be useless and make no sense. Eevee changes it's type to fit into it's territory easier. It would be pointless to change to Normal if it's already Normal.

Dunsparce.

Bidoof is cool, I think. OLO!

And I'd love to see a grasshopper or a ghost/bug praying mantis line.

Scyther was supposed to be one, but it doesn't look like that.

We need more bugs with huge compound eyes. Yanmega (<3) made a good start.

How about pokemon that evolve when hit by rare moves, like a Glaceon evo that only happens when it's hit by that ice move that has a 30% chance of 1 hit-KO (can't remember the name ATM) when you revive it it evolves (they could do that with all the evos of the eeveelutions)

Evolutions i can think of:

Heracross ---> Crosshorn (cross horn) Bug-Fighting

------> Metaleon (me TAL ee on) Steel

Eevee -----> Champeon (champ ee on) Fighting

------> Ghouleon (gool ee on) Ghost

5th generation starters i thought of:

Vinosauros (Grass, Rock)

Lv 1 - Tackle

Lv 2 - Leer

Lv 7 - Vine Whip

Lv 11 - Bullet Seed

Lv 15 - Body Slam

Lv 16 - Evolves into Vinoclops, Grass-Rock

Lv 19 - Horn Drill

Lv 25 - Razor Leaf

Lv 29 - Magical Leaf

Lv 32 - SolarBeam

Lv 36 - Evolves into Vinosteel, Grass-Steel

Lv 36 - Iron Defense

Lv 41 - Flash Cannon

Lv 47 - Embargo

Lv 51 - Metal Sound

Lv 59 - Confuse Ray

Phoenan (Fire, Flying)

Lv 1 - Scratch

Lv 1 - Growl

Lv 7 - Ember

Lv 11 - Wing Attack

Lv 15 - Supersonic

Lv 18 - Evolves into Phoenoneer (Fire, Flying)

Lv 23 - Flamethrower

Lv 30 - Aerial Ace

Lv 34 - Evolves into Phoenae (Fire, Flying)

Lv 39 - Agility

Lv 44 - Double Team

Lv 51 - Brave Bird

Lv 56 - Flare Blitz

Lv 61 - Overheat

Feesh (Water)

Lv 1 - Tackle

Lv 1 - Leer

Lv 9 - Water Gun

Lv 13 - Bubble

Lv 14 - Evolves into Pirahda (Water)

Lv 19 - Water Pulse

Lv 23 - Aqua Jet

Lv 26 - BubbleBeam

Lv 29 - Light Screen

Lv 32 - Evolves into Sharb (Water, Dark)

Lv 32 - Bite

Lv 37 - Reflect

Lv 41 - Crunch

Lv 45 - Dark Pulse

Lv 51 - Whirlpool

Lv 58 - Hydro Pump

Ghost/Normal

You don't know how broken that would be. Immunity to Ghost, Normal and Fighting, and only weak to Dark. And there are maybe 3 viable Dark-type attacks (Crunch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse). And it would look pretty odd, as well.

Why is everyone so hell-bent on pure Flying? Flying is usually better with a subtype, as Flying as a single STAB isn't all too good.

Ehh, a fully-evolved pure Dragon would be nice. Because I'd love to actually keep my resistance to Electric.

Pure Darks? Ehh, likewise Dark isn't a very good single STAB, so you might as well slap on another type. Darkrai does his job fairly well, though.

And Bug/Flying is getting overused and stale, so I want to see mix-ups with the types. Bug/Ice is something I'd like to see.

Ghost/Normal

You don't know how broken that would be. Immunity to Ghost' date=' Normal and Fighting, and only weak to Dark. And there are maybe 3 [b']viable[/b] Dark-type attacks (Crunch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse). And it would look pretty odd, as well.

Why is everyone so hell-bent on pure Flying? Flying is usually better with a subtype, as Flying as a single STAB isn't all too good.

Ehh, a fully-evolved pure Dragon would be nice. Because I'd love to actually keep my resistance to Electric.

Pure Darks? Ehh, likewise Dark isn't a very good single STAB, so you might as well slap on another type. Darkrai does his job fairly well, though.

And Bug/Flying is getting overused and stale, so I want to see mix-ups with the types. Bug/Ice is something I'd like to see.

I just want a cool pure Dark for in-game, Umbreon is boring D:

To lazy to read 11 pages worth of stuff.

My list of pokemon that need evos.

2knbyb.jpg

Also for types, Grass/Fire would be a great one. It would have 3 weakness with Rock being the only major one.

more ice types and more electric types.

And more Steel' date=' Dragon & Fire Types theres barely any compared to Water Types.

[/quote']

First let me note that all these numbers are for fully evolved pokemon.

All Steel pokemon are good.Of the 18 we have, 11 are OU or Uber.

Dragon again is one of the best types. All but 1 isn't in the top two tier and even then it's a good UU pokemon. I want another couple dragons, but that is it.

I agree on fire.

Water has the most pokemon because a lot of creatures live in the water. They have close to 50 different pokemon.

To add to your list of "types that have few pokemon" ghost have 11, Electric have 15, Fighting have 15, and Ice have 14.

Ehh' date=' a fully-evolved pure Dragon would be nice. Because I'd love to actually [b']keep[/b] my resistance to Electric.

You have Flygon and Latias.

Bug/Ice is 4x weak to Rock and Fire.

Ghost/Normal

You don't know how broken that would be. Immunity to Ghost' date=' Normal and Fighting, and only weak to Dark. And there are maybe 3 [b']viable[/b] Dark-type attacks (Crunch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse). And it would look pretty odd, as well.

By that logic Spiritomb and Sabeleye are OP. Just make a Grim Reaper-esque Ghost/Normal with mediocre stats and some interesting support moves and the deal is sealed.

It's the only thing without a type of it's own, and it could be very interesting. There's the Strateon I mentioned earlier, and some sort of Blue Jay I was thinking of that would be super fast, be immune to SR/hazards in general, and know a Flying equivalent to Rapid Spin.

To lazy to read 11 pages worth of stuff.

My list of pokemon that need evos.

2knbyb.jpg

Also for types' date=' Grass/Fire would be a great one. It would have 3 weakness with Rock being the only major one.

more ice types and more electric types.

And more Steel' date=' Dragon & Fire Types theres barely any compared to Water Types.

[/quote']

First let me note that all these numbers are for fully evolved pokemon.

All Steel pokemon are good.Of the 18 we have, 11 are OU or Uber.

Dragon again is one of the best types. All but 1 isn't in the top two tier and even then it's a good UU pokemon. I want another couple dragons, but that is it.

I agree on fire.

Water has the most pokemon because a lot of creatures live in the water. They have close to 50 different pokemon.

To add to your list of "types that have few pokemon" ghost have 11, Electric have 15, Fighting have 15, and Ice have 14.

Ehh' date=' a fully-evolved pure Dragon would be nice. Because I'd love to actually [b']keep[/b] my resistance to Electric.

You have Flygon and Latias.

Bug/Ice is 4x weak to Rock and Fire.

Ok, Out of those pokemon, These are the one's that Shouldn't have a evo:

Arcanine, Sunflora, Electrode, Ariados, Quagsire, girafaig, Forretress, Heracross, Marowak, Kangaskan, Jynx, Tauros, Skarmory, Houndoom, Mightyena, Peliper, Manetrike, Swalot, Grumpig, Altaria, Tropius.

But out of those as well, these are the ones that should have Pre-evo's: Heracross, Farfetche'd, Girafarig, Absol, Delibird, Stantler, Lapras, Skarmory, Saybleye, Mawile, Tropius, Shuppet, Wingull, Phanpy, Zangoose, Seiviper, Toarkoal.

A Kanghaskan evo would be pretty broken' date=' except if they just reorder the total points, like Scizor...

[/quote']

Not really. Kang is a decent pokemon, but that is it. His stats are not that good.

Ok' date=' Out of those pokemon, These are the one's that Shouldn't have a evo:

Arcanine, Sunflora, Electrode, Ariados, Quagsire, girafaig, Forretress, Heracross, Marowak, Kangaskan, Jynx, Tauros, Skarmory, Houndoom, Mightyena, Peliper, Manetrike, Swalot, Grumpig, Altaria, Tropius.

But out of those as well, these are the ones that should have Pre-evo's: Heracross, Farfetche'd, Girafarig, Absol, Delibird, Stantler, Lapras, Skarmory, Saybleye, Mawile, Tropius, Shuppet, Wingull, Phanpy, Zangoose, Seiviper, Toarkoal.

[/quote']

Mind saying why. Side from only like 3 of the pokemon I listed most are NU with a handful of UU. Even Hera is falling out of OU. Look at Girafarig. It's not good in the least and giving it an evo will make it at least a little better.

And why to pokemon need Pre-Evos. Really, they are pointless.

Marowak does NOT need an evolution. He is already awesome. Sometimes when they make pokemon evolve, they ruin it. Look at Electabuzz. Electivire was terrible. Magmortar I can deal with. Dunsparce =BIG YES Because I imagine it to be some huge... sand... dragon... snake thingy... =DDDD I am getting sick of baby evolutions. Get into the awesome pokemon. Farfetch'd would be awesome. Arcanine does not need an evolution. There would be a slight possibility that they could ruin it. And for some reason I can imagine people saying " EVERYONE, IT IS THE FOURTH LEGENDARY DOG!!! " ¬ _¬ ;

WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE PREVOS. THEY ARE SERIOUSLY JUST A WASTE OF SPACE.

A Kanghaskan evo would be pretty broken' date=' except if they just reorder the total points, like Scizor...

[/quote']

...that's why Scizor is OU and Scyther is UU, right? It has the same BST, but it traded some Speed for Atk and Def. And an immensly better movepool. I think it's a fairly good evo.

By that logic Spiritomb and Sabeleye are OP. Just make a Grim Reaper-esque Ghost/Normal with mediocre stats and some interesting support moves and the deal is sealed.

Sableye sucks, and Spiritomb doesn't have well enough stats to take advantages of it's no weaknesses. And while it has no weaknesses, it doesn't have many resistances. It's mainly immunities and neutrals.

And I wouldn't mind a Ghost/Normal type that'd function as an OU Deoxys-S.

Seems you have Soul Silver. I have Heart Gold =D Pokemon aren't strong enough for me to start battling online though. That would be interesting ( Grim Reaper Pokemon ) I can imagine it chasing Pikachu in the series. Pikachu = PIKA PIKA PIKACHU! (AAAHHH WTF? NOT MAH TIME YET)

Grim Reaper = PFFT MARRRF (MWAHA =3)

Ash = They look like they are having fun. glad I caught 'im

Sableye sucks' date=' and Spiritomb doesn't have well enough stats to take advantages of it's no weaknesses.

[/quote']

Sableye can be good in the hands of a pro, but other than that you stated my point. As long as a Pokemon is balanced out with poor stats and the such, a pokemon can have a really big advantage, like Shedinja's Wonderguard, Smeargle's near infinite movepool, and a typing such as Dark/Ghost.

Don't neg me or anything, BUT WTF IS UU AND OU?!?!?!?!

Marowak does NOT need an evolution. He is already awesome. Sometimes when they make pokemon evolve' date=' they ruin it. Look at Electabuzz. Electivire was terrible. Magmortar I can deal with. Dunsparce =[b']BIG YES[/b] Because I imagine it to be some huge... sand... dragon... snake thingy... =DDDD I am getting sick of baby evolutions. Get into the awesome pokemon. Farfetch'd would be awesome. Arcanine does not need an evolution. There would be a slight possibility that they could ruin it. And for some reason I can imagine people saying " EVERYONE, IT IS THE FOURTH LEGENDARY DOG!!! " ¬ _¬ ;

Well, Someone agrees with me for once!

Don't neg me or anything' date=' BUT WTF IS UU AND OU?!?!?!?!

Marowak does NOT need an evolution. He is already awesome. Sometimes when they make pokemon evolve, they ruin it. Look at Electabuzz. Electivire was terrible. Magmortar I can deal with. Dunsparce =BIG YES Because I imagine it to be some huge... sand... dragon... snake thingy... =DDDD I am getting sick of baby evolutions. Get into the awesome pokemon. Farfetch'd would be awesome. Arcanine does not need an evolution. There would be a slight possibility that they could ruin it. And for some reason I can imagine people saying " EVERYONE, IT IS THE FOURTH LEGENDARY DOG!!! " ¬ _¬ ;

Well, Someone agrees with me for once!

A simple way to explain it is as a level for how good a pokemon is. OU pokemon on the best while NU pokemon are the worse.

Archived