Official Pokemon Black and White thread. (loads of new info with lots of spoilers)

Machoke

How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?

• under 50
    • over 50
    • under 100
    • over 100
    • more than 150

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also' date=' Platypus and crocodile pokemon right now!

[/quote']

Psyduck and Totodile?

Psyduck is a duck.

What tells you it's a duck and not a platipus, except it's name?

It doesn't have a beaver tail.

And Tauros has no ears, so it's a snail...

Platypi have a beaver tail and a duck bill. A platypus Pokémon would have both, not one. By your logic, Bibarel is a tiger.

Also, it's Pokédex classification is "Duck Pokémon"

I think Skarm could use an evolution. ^^

Gligar got one' date=' so why not?

[/quote']

Skarm really doesn't need one. It's good as it is, and giving it an evo would make it a tad too overpowered.

Qwilfish DEFINATELY needs one.

Bah, I forgot about that little pufferfish. But I agree, since the only viable WTR/PSN type we have is Tentacruel.

Evolutions for Furret Yes DunsparceYes Jynx No Absol Nothing would survive in the wake of this fear striking beast' date=' NO.[/b'] and Noctowl Nah, it's actually an OK Pokemon, I use it quite alot.

And an evolution for farfetch'd Yes and marowak No

If anything' date=' I want to see some more pure-Dark type Pokemon that are actually good. The only one that is good atm is Darkrai. And that's Uber anyways. I want OU-quality.

[/quote']

There is one, it's in the new movie. It'll be like the 5th Gen's Lucario.

^Not a bad idea actually:/ It'd look pretty damn cool with loads of feathers and stuff.

I heard somewhere that the legendary Pokemon would be based on the sun and the moon, but seeing how the Lunatone, Cress, and Solrock still exist, I can't help but think it's total bull. UNLESS ther's going to be this big temple where the only wild Pokemon are Lunatone/Solrock (depending on which version it is).

"the rest" of the eveelutions would be cool, or at least evolved forms of the ones that already exist.

more conflicting types, like water/rock and fire/grass

more evolutions for pokemon begging to have a 2nd/3rd evolution (Lickitung, Lickilicky, how about a pre-evolution: Lickito!)

I already have some ideas of new mechanics, how about pokemon hybrids! I know it sounds odd, but maybe if you have 2 similar pokemon (take mightyena and houndoom) you can mate them and make a hybrid (Mightidooma!)

There are many options

Letting two specific Pokémon breed to create a new hybrid sounds like a good idea' date=' but if they give them names that resemble their parents (for example Pikachu + Marill = Pikarill) then I will hate them.

[/quote']

I know what you mean, that would get annoying. and good example by the way, choosing both mouse pokemon that exactly what i was thinking, with similar types like salamence and charizard or kingler and crawdaunt

And don't pump the games with 3rd stage evos either' date=' like Rhyperior! (Kills the game)[/i']

Actually, I'd prefer 3rd stage evos more than prevos. Mostly because 3rd stage evos bring the original Pokemon up a notch.

No. I don't. I don't have anything against evos, but only if they suck.

I really like Gallade and Togekiss. Dusknior is OK, but the rest failed.

Are you joking, there is not a single 4th Gen evo I wouldn't use in battle. They're all fantastic Pokemon.

I've changed my mind about Absol. An Evo would be awesome, something similiar to what they did with Scyther.

Chimecho needs an evo and reckon it'd be a pretty sweet Pokemon.

Potentialy Banette. It's make for a nice supporting/utility ghost Pokemon.

Also, Spinda.

Are you joking' date=' there is not a single 4th Gen evo I wouldn't use in battle. They're all fantastic Pokemon. [b']Truth has been told[/b]

I've changed my mind about Absol. An Evo would be awesome, something similiar to what they did with Scyther. I think an Absol evo and prevo have been a long time coming, it would be freakin sweet. They also need to make a regular evo of scyther, not just a scizor sort of thing

Chimecho needs an evo and reckon it'd be a pretty sweet Pokemon. It might, use would probably be for support only though

Potentialy Banette. It's make for a nice supporting/utility ghost Pokemon. Yes plz

Also, Spinda. I actually kinda disagree, spinda is one of the only pokemon I can't see as having an evo, maybe a prevo, maybe

Evolutions for Furret Yes DunsparceYes Jynx No Absol Nothing would survive in the wake of this fear striking beast' date=' NO.[/b'] and Noctowl Nah, it's actually an OK Pokemon, I use it quite alot.

And an evolution for farfetch'd Yes and marowak No

If anything' date=' I want to see some more pure-Dark type Pokemon that are actually good. The only one that is good atm is Darkrai. And that's Uber anyways. I want OU-quality.

[/quote']

There is one, it's in the new movie. It'll be like the 5th Gen's Lucario.

Have the already confirmed its base stats and movepool? For all we know, it could be as useful as a Sunflora! 3

On the 11th we'll be getting some new info on Gen 5' date=' apparently.

[/quote']

Don't you love Serebii for getting us information? <3

I love whoever spent the time to work up that pokemon catch rate nobody uses.

I actually did use the damage formula once or twice, but the catch rate thing is just... lolwut?

I think I know that legendaries take more balls to catch than a Bidoof would. And I mean that in more ways than one. 8)

I think I know that legendaries take more balls to catch than a Bidoof would. And I mean that in more ways than one. 8)

I capture legendaries using 1 to 3 balls, if I don't want to use the master ball and I'm not cheating... Arceus is the only exception; that one is a lot harder, at least for me...

Archived