Fairy Tail

Break down would be

Wendy's big DRAMATIC HAIR CUT is totally undone.

Ezra is shown to have actually suffered from her having been tortured. It is then quickly taken care of.

Dranbolt is revealed to have been a member of Fairy Tail despite it having never been set up.

These things were all different levels of dumb.

The stuff with Natsu implies time skip is coming, which makes sense with Frosh not dying for a while and that being an important event to change. Side from that the ending implies we don't know his full name, or he has a new name in the future.

That and the rest of the chapter was fine imo.

The one thing I thought REALLY worked though was the stuff with Gray and Juvia. That was just really good.

So Natsu's like a reincarnation of one of the Big Bads?

Or something?

Huh.

Anyways, I'm kinda interested in there being a timeskip. Though I feel it's a little silly Mashima undid Wendy's hair if he's flashing forward through time anyways.

I liked the Gruvia scene too.

I didn't even think about the time skip just growing out Wendy's hair normally. Good god, that makes it even dumber.

Ah, so the END = Natsu theory got confirmed. Okay then.

But yeah, out of all of this, I only cared about the Gruvia scene, and maybe seeing the Oracion Seis join Crime Sorciere.

Honestly, don't particularly care about the time skip, even though it makes sense. I guess this is supposed to make up for the first time skip not actually meaning anything for the main characters? Either way, looks like the final arc is definitely be the last one. Let's just get this over with.

Ah, so the END = Natsu theory got confirmed. Okay then.

But yeah, out of all of this, I only cared about the Gruvia scene, and maybe seeing the Oracion Seis join Crime Sorciere.

Honestly, don't particularly care about the time skip, even though it makes sense. I guess this is supposed to make up for the first time skip not actually meaning anything for the main characters? Either way, looks like the final arc is definitely be the last one. Let's just get this over with.

The Gray/Juvia scene was just REALLY well done. Its amazing that its in the same chapter as some of the stupid stuff we got.

I'm not sure what the time skip is even going to serve to do though. Like, the only things they have left to overcome are Acnologia and Zeref. Do they REALLY need a time skip for that? Like when you compare it to Naruto and One Piece's it was to give the characters time to get stronger since they had a whole world of profile opponents to face. Here we only have 2. Meh, I don't get it.

Anyway, if you missed Hiro drawing fan service

http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/Omake/2666/1

Whole omake of T&A.

It's just especially jarring that the Gruvia scene is immediately followed by the Jerza scene. Like, how do you go from a scene where Gray and Juvia are both emotionally wrecked, to the point that they're both crying even while reconciling, while Erza needs her man to give her a generic "Believe in yourself" speech that just feels so hollow? Maybe it's because I have more investment in Gray and Juvia to begin with, but come on, Mashima.

Like you said, the timeskip brings things closer to Frosch's potential death, which just makes it bizarre that Zeref, who was set up so early on as being the main villain, and Acnologia, who killed Igneel, who Natsu was searching for, which is why Lucy even met Natsu in the first place, are both having their final confrontations delayed to line up with the death of Frosch, of all characters. I mean, yes, Rogue and Frosch are among the very few characters in Sabertooth I care for, but really?

It's just especially jarring that the Gruvia scene is immediately followed by the Jerza scene. Like, how do you go from a scene where Gray and Juvia are both emotionally wrecked, to the point that they're both crying even while reconciling, while Erza needs her man to give her a generic "Believe in yourself" speech that just feels so hollow? Maybe it's because I have more investment in Gray and Juvia to begin with, but come on, Mashima.

Like you said, the timeskip brings things closer to Frosch's potential death, which just makes it bizarre that Zeref, who was set up so early on as being the main villain, and Acnologia, who killed Igneel, who Natsu was searching for, which is why Lucy even met Natsu in the first place, are both having their final confrontations delayed to line up with the death of Frosch, of all characters. I mean, yes, Rogue and Frosch are among the very few characters in Sabertooth I care for, but really?

I didn't even think of that as being an issue. All I thought was, "where was this emotional damage after the abuse scene", but yea that is another reason the Ezra scene just wasn't good.

At least the time skip SEEMS to be getting its own little set of chapters since we know the next one is called "Solitary Journey" or something to that effect.

Weird how Natsu looks like Zancrow now.

So I'm guessing the next arc is going to be all "Getting the gang back together again" before the final fight with Zeref.

I mean, Hiro probably won't pull it off as amazingly as Oda did, but I'm still hyped about it.

I'm wondering if Lucy powered up as well over the timeskip.

Did she have the ability to sense mage power levels before? Or is that something everyone can do and I forgot?

I wouldn't know how she could since she hasn't really been doing anything with her powers. You are right that sensing magic wasn't something she could before, so maybe thats a skill she picked up.

• 9 months later...

New Manga Chapter 462

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/462

Natsu VS Zeref incoming at a very fast speed + the 4 gods of Ishgar coming in at the last.

Overall, a pretty decent chapter, fairy tail hype after a good period of time.

(Also, am i the only one interested in the thread and the franchise now, since only i seem to carry this thread forward with failure it seems).