Fairy Tail

That was quick.

Kinda glad tbh, Sabertooth's master isn't interesting to me and I'm glad more time won't be wasted on his fight. 

While I can see where your coming from, it felt like he went down to easily. Like, they are getting their ass kick, have speech about power of friendship, and KO in one move. Also weird how in the end it looks like Natsu and Gray are moving in for a kick, but the last page was a punch.

Anyway, chapter was pretty meh. In other news Zero chapter is out

http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail_zero/005/2606/1

As is a new Fairy Tail spinoff

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail-blue-mistral/1

All of the loli bait.

Fairy Tail is infamous for Nakama Punches, so I'm not surprised that Rogue and Sting beat Jiemma like that.

The new Zero chapter was nice, but… yeah, that scene in the lake. What. Still, at least it seems like we're heading to the climax of the first arc, at least. I don't know how much there will be to this. Zero does feel like the most… I guess you'd say "important" of the spinoffs, mostly because it's from Mashima himself. At the very least, I'm curious what we'll see from Zeref.

Blue Mistral was kind of fun. It's weird seeing the characters rendered in a shoujo style, though I guess it's like how Ice Trail has its own style simply because it's not Mashima. Took a bit to get used to the art, but the story is entertaining, and Wendy deserves her own arc, even if it must be through a spinoff.

Ew, that caption. As if we needed Erza's status as the intended waifu to be more blatant.

Shame that Gray's been demonized, but I doubt that will last. Loved how they both played their part in defeating Mard Geer, so it's not just Natsu this time.

It's kind of weird seeing the same scene again with Face being activated. Forgot that chapter 405 turned things back to twenty minutes ago, but really, it just shows that Mashima didn't really plan this out properly. Then again, the alternative would have been jumping back and forth between the Kyouka and Mard Geer fights.

Yeah, what an asspull.

It's weird. Like, I can't even really say much about the tension. Like, we knew what Face could do. But Wendy had so much trouble dealing with one of those, only for the reveal of three thousand Faces to make that completely pointless. Now five dragons - two of which are supposed to be dead - can take them all out simultaneously? That's roughly six hundred Faces each. I mean, I get that the dragons are powerful, and I'm willing to believe that they could pull off, but come on.

We knew what the consequences of Face would be, but this doesn't really explore the consequences of it. The most we get is Lisanna loses her clothes as a joke.

UUUUUUUUGH… it's just… this arc just keeps being a massive disappointment. I really don't know what else to say.

Looks like Fairy Tail ended up on break this week. Friendly reminder that with holiday season and all, manga updates are going to be weird.

In the mean time though.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail-zero/6

This was actually really good.

http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/6

Also good, but the art is pretty bla.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. This has me curious what the next arc will be about. Zeref and Acnologia are still the two biggest villains to worry about, and with Zeref, that's always been the case. It's just, what exactly will be the context?

See, I'm not sure if that is good or bad on Hiro's part. Like, we have NO idea whats going on in Zeref's head. Is he evil? He is good? Is he insane? Is he sympathetic? I mean, I'll give him this, I am interested in him. Acnologia is just a giant ball of destruction, so at least he is pretty straight forward.