Green With Envy: Crab Helmet's Foe Fiction! {Rise of the Dragon Lords}

CrabHelmet

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can still delete posts. >_>

Oh, and we had anywhere from 10 to 50 per page on old!YCM, depending on your settings. Smart people always set theirs to 50.

How is that smart?

Maybe you can still delete because you're a (Super) Mod?

I wasn't talking about deleting posts. That was the side topic. The main topic was the broken links. I thought you could see through that.

Oh, that? The new board has tags to get around that problem. I'll still need to go back through this topic and fix every link, but at least a solution exists.

How is that smart?

Because it means you need to load fewer pages and is generally more awesome.

Maybe you can still delete because you're a (Super) Mod?

Obviously.

The good news is that the new board system apparently has some new tags that allow permalinking to posts and topics. Huzzah!

The bad news is that the new board system does not have options to view 50 posts or topics per page.

I've played with the Search function a bit, and it doesn't seem to be doing that for me.

Unless you mention Foe Fiction in every topic you post in, it is. A search for "Foe Fiction" to try and find this topic is rendered rather more difficult when it decides that every occurence of the phrase in your sig counts. I think pojo does something similar, which makes hunting for unlinked sig quotes pretty difficult.

It's "she", not "he". Just saying.

Unless you mention Foe Fiction in every topic you post in, it is. A search for "Foe Fiction" to try and find this topic is rendered rather more difficult when it decides that every occurence of the phrase in your sig counts. I think pojo does something similar, which makes hunting for unlinked sig quotes pretty difficult.

I actually do mention Foe Fiction in most topics I post in, since the majority of the topics I post in are topics where I'm posting Foe Fiction reviews, and those reviews always open with that big bold block of text that ends with "today is a day for Foe Fiction". That's not my sig you're picking up; those are my actual posts.

Searching for "Fiction" in other boards on YCM confirms that, nope, it doesn't pick up words from my sig.

I thought of this a while ago, but never got to ask it. Was Salty a parody of the Mechakara storyline or something Spoony did?

I actually never saw much of Linkara (I'm not much of a superhero comics fan, so I fairly quickly moved on to the Nostalgia Critic) so I didn't see any of Mechakara besides his introduction and the crossover with Spoony where Mechakara re-kills Black Lantern Spoony - and that was after I got the idea for Evil Future Salty, which I had planned even before The Professor Young Boy showed up. So no, it's just me also having the not-even-remotely-original idea of OTHER ME IS TEH BAD GUY.

Speaking of me also having unoriginal ideas, I just watched the Nostalgia Critic's review of The Room, and suddenly the whole place I'm at right now in Foe Fiction with me being brought to the future to do a review seems suspiciously familiar... >_> Anything I can do, apparently these guys have done first.

Archived