The Mushroom Kingdom

Clair

Just flicked into this thread for the first time in aggggges to try getting involved again (yes I did sign up for this for a short time, I'm actually properly going to try to keep up this time). But got slightly distracted by the following comments...

2-3 hours? You guys must have no free time. I can usually play at least 4-5 of video games daily, almost doubly so when there's no school.

During summer, I can play for twelve hours a day at most.

During school... maybe one hour, if I'm lucky. Yeah, I'm a busy, busy boy. Life sucks.

Which is why I said at least. At the most, I can squeeze 6 hours during a School Day.

Wow. Just wow. Really?

I remember doing this... back in the unhappiest times of my life. But whatever floats your boats :D

Don't take that too seriously, I just find these comments gobsmacking to be honest, and I'm happy to say so.

Anyway, going to try to get back into this club so I can speak to old friends again, hopefully make some new ones too... having opened with very insenstive remarks... s***.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So school started yesterday. For me, I mean.

And well, Nintendo's confrence was at 11.

I stayed up and watched it until 2, the ONLY interesting thing was Fire Emblem 3D.

screw you nintendo i think you got me sick

...s*** I missed it.

Anywhere I can go to see exactly what was shown? Maybe something might interest me.

I dunno.

All I know is that I was sitting there waiting for a new IP or the Ace Attorney 5 rumor.

And then the big reveal happens.

The ocean is shown, fishes swimming, and the camera goes deeper and deeper into the sea.

"Oh s***, I remember Miyamoto said he took up swimming recently when saying that he was making a new IP! This is the big one!"

"MONSTARRU HUNTAR 3- GEEE".

"MONSTARRU HUNTAR 4"

Oh, and they kinda screwed Paper Mario a little.

Koopa's aren't lolshades Koopas, instead they look like the friendly ones, and when you jump on them, they enter their shell, and you can knock it at other enemies. The gameplay looks mediocre at best and the partners seen so far have no differences whatsoever. There's a green toad and a normal chain chomp.

And they're really overdoing that god damn paper effect holy crap WE GET IT EVERYTHING IS MADE OF PAPER.

In the previous games, it wasn't abused this much.

I guess the reason why Intelligent Systems is making the fourth installment more paper-like is because critics complained that the games are called "Paper Mario", but there aren't really paper-like effects. It would be terrible if your partners and enemies were all just standard (no Shade-Koopas or regular partners), however I still think that they may be place-holders since Nintendo probably still wants to surprise us with what they do. However, if it is released with how it is right now, I am disappointed.

I feel like discussing disturbing deaths in Video Games.

King Minos' death in Dante's Inferno. Honestly, the only disturbing death in the game of all bosses. Dante impaled Minos' tongue on his own judgement wheel and turned it, stretching it out until it started pulling his head over the edge and fell nearly decapitated. Disturbing... but awesome.

I never really cared for Armogohma's death scene either. But Link's face after seeing part 2 nearly killed me. lol

Mario actually has high jump skill and jump skill, allowing him to do great jumps and wall-jumps, and gains powers through items.

It was also said that the only reason Sonic can run is because of his shoes, as shown in Sonic Labyrinth. This theory is also supported in Unleashed where Sonic cannot perform a Wall Jump or an Air Stomp without Special Shoes.

They aren't technically Superheroes if all their powers comes from skill and gadgets. It's why I don't consider Batman to be an actual Superhero.

Archived