The Pub at the Edge of the Multiverse ~ Fanfiction Public Planning Thread

Hydra of Ages

I've also been working on a Fan Fic in two arcs/books.

The first arc would be about Mu around 6000 years ago where the Shadow Games where first played (the Egyptians originally came from Mu, according to the Mu mythos)

Then the other arc takes place some time after 5D's. This arc would pick up at the Crimson Cup, an event to celebrate the Signers victories, finals and lead up to the events concluding what begun 6000 years ago.

I've already written an introduction, but I don't have any names for the five main characters yet, as they are currently named Who, What, When, Where and Why in lack of other names. Three of them are male and two are female.

I've got three of the Decks done and need a Deck for the two others, preferbably Decks that relates to feelings and dreaming.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PikaPerson01

Meh, two (really) vague ideas for stories or something... >_>

Story 1: Three unlucky airplane crash survivors find themselves atop the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, an enormous, ENORMOUS ball of garbage traveling around the Pacific. To their surprise however, they find a small community of people living within the literal Wasteland. Action-ish story, where the 3 "outsider" people have to infiltrate and put a stop to the evil-ish leader of the Wasteland community.

Story 2: The Zombie Apocalypse has finally ended. Now all that remains is to repopulate the species. It's a love story, between the last two humans on Earth, and how they cope with going from slaying and murdering Zombies to try to be intimate and start a relationship with a fellow human being.

I feel like doing one of these, after I finish that Ghost Story thing I talked about a few pages back. Which one sounds more interesting?

Guest PikaPerson01

Well, I assume it'd have hints of everything, or at least aim to. A romantic comedy, set shortly at the end of the Zombie Apocalypse. I don't really know how well it would work though. Maybe it'd be better as an RP? A small village or group of survivors or something?

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Nah, that doesn't work in RP form. Just the two would be necessary. Rom-com WITH ZAOMBIES* and minimal seriousness or bust IMO.

*not a typo

Guest PikaPerson01

I've actually had a change of heart and decided to never write either of those stories. Feel free to steal any of them. I don't care.

After the terrible ghost story, my plan is to go back and use what this section is supposed to be known for. A Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic.

The story is about 4 friends, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Joanna (all place holder names, really). Also, the story takes place in real life. As in, our real life. No Duel Academies. No Duel Disks. They duel on tables and carry their decks in plain boxes. They go to school, and are actually not at all defined by their skill in Duel Monsters or their decks when they're not dueling. They're real, believable people, except they also have the hobby of playing Children Card Games.

Also, the story takes place in 2007-2008. Also, the story is loosely based on my real life. >_> (except like... much more drama and such.)

The story actually has little to do with Yu-Gi-Oh. You could probably replace the Card Game sections with sword fighting or car racing or beer pong or any other competition and it would read much the same way. The drama and conflict comes between the characters, their recurring rivals in tournaments, and the changes in their friendship.

[spoiler=lolspoilers]Matthew and Mark, college freshman, and Luke, high school senior, are the three founders and only members of Team Shuffle and Cut. Buddies and such. They play in local tournaments, trade cards, combine them together, share strategies and such. But since Matthew and Mark went off to college, a bit of a stressful workload and such, they couldn't find the time to really speak much or hang out or really do anything much. At last, it's December and the first term has ended, so they're free to return to playing the game they all enjoy.

They agree to all go to their locals and compete in the tournament. However, they are shocked and appalled to find the game is much different then they recall. The meta's sped up ridiculously, with the recent release of Phantom Darkness. Luke reminds the boys he tried to invite them to the Sneak Peak, and informed them the back was coming out soon, but they had all dismissed it, college stuff being more important. Matthew and Luke join the local tournament, but Mark sits out, promising to sort out trades for them to see if he can help round up any copies of Allure of Darkness or Dark Armed or other such stuff.

Team Shuffle and Cut suffers a humiliating defeat. Where normally they all easily placed in the Top 4, and frequently topped, they find themselves unable to compete with the way the meta's shifted. Matthew and Luke return to Mark, and he tells them he had mild success with getting his friends the cards they needed. They ask about him, but he informs them he's planning on quitting the game. Luke and Matthew are left stunned, and Mark explains he met a girl, who greatly dislikes his hobby of Duel Monsters. And... that's how the first chapter ends. >_>

Second chapter we meet Joanna, Mark's girlfriend. We later find out she dislikes the game because her former boyfriend was obsessed with the game, and took her for granted and such. Matthew and Luke assure her Mark is nothing like that, but her mind is made up. We only slightly later discover Joanna is an accomplished duelist. They all duel, for Mark's sake and to maintain the friendship. Regardless of who wins, Joanna at last relents and lets Mark keep his friends and his hobby, and even joins Team Shuffle and Cut.

The rest of the story is episodic. Each "episode" takes place during a Saturday or Sunday, at their locals where they all meet up and play the game. But, once again, the main action isn't always between Team Shuffle and Cut and their respective opponents. One "episode" deals with Joanna use her sex appeal to get them better trades. While Matthew and Luke approve, as it gets them better cards, Mark isn't so happy at having guys oggle his woman.

Not to say Joanna's the main character or anything! >_> (Though I may have a natural bias to understand her position and such, since as I said it's very loosely based on my life)

Plenty of stories take place with the other characters. Luke (being the youngest) trying to prove himself and win big at a different tournament without moral support and such from his friends. Matthew "in charge" of trades for the week and losing their binders, and trying to track them down before the rest of the team finds out. Mark losing his deck in an ante duel and relying on his friends to build him a new one. Stuff like that.

... But since most "episodes" are a tournament per chapter, I feel the story might drag or get needlessly long at times. >_>

So like... yeah! That story should come out after the Ghost Story. >_>

Posted · Hidden by ExtremeG, January 30, 2011 - irreivant
Hidden by ExtremeG, January 30, 2011 - irreivant

I have this idea for a new Fan Fic that I won't be releasing for a while. I'm trying to figure out how to open with an original plot that suits it. If Yu-Gi-Oh is about Egypt and 5d's is about the Maya, than this is about Mesopatamia and stars a Arab/Japanese school girl named Nawal, or Nana.

I have a question though. I hate the fact that animes are always intentually vague about the location of events, especially when the characters are speaking english. I was wondering, in a normal japanese school, will they speak English on and off, or are there special 'English-speaking schools' where people speak mostly English?

So I'm thinking of making a Super Hero type fan fic. I have the general idea of it and its going to be divided into 3 parts each containing about 10-15 chapters.

The First part will be about the actual Super Hero, doing what a Super Hero would be found doing in a comic book (who is 17 btw). So the first part would be the shortest at around 8-10 chapters. He faces small trouble in the city like bank robbing, fires, hostages, etc. and it basically just introduces him and his powers and his life at school (not too much of his school life.. don't expect that too much.)

The second part.. which is really the main focus of it could be the longest but I'm not quite sure as of yet. This part is where he faces a real super villain and most of thechapter takes place with their various encounters.

Third part which is a conclusion, could be the longest but I'm not quite sure as of yet like I set for the second one (either of them could be longer than the other.) So this part will be basically introducing galactic fighters who also have powers around the Milky Way. (If I do a good job at making this a successful fic, I will make a second book or series that just surrounds the galactic fighters.

Right now what I need is some idea for the villain and the galactic fighters. I need some ideas that would connect all three of these parts and will all be explained at the end (ex: First part - He finds an orb that gives him powers. Second - The villain is after the orb. Third - The galactic fighters came to Earth to see if the boy got the orb they sent him.

I have the main characters powers which is the power of manipulating and creating gases, making energy balls and changing an objects density. I don't want any typical overpowered superhero as much as I want for the galactic fighters. The main character is exceptionally strong as he can change the density of his hand to become as strong as steel. He is also an alright fighter and is an average student with major skills of common sense.

The main character is based of a star believe it or not (thus the name Protostar).. so when you give me an idea about a galactic fighter or a super villain, try to focus on things revolving around the galaxy. So please I'll try to clarify more of what I want help with:

1) Super Villain Character

2) Galactic Fighter Characters (no need to go in detail for these just a general and basic personality and bio.)

3) A story that connects all three parts

4) Ideas of the main characters personality

5) 3 of his main friends (no super powers here)

Thanks for your help in advance!! I will try to get this fic up soon.

Guest Merciful Idiot

I'm thinking of making a Charmer (The ones in Yu-Gi-Oh) Fanfic. I don't know what to call it, but I've been planning chapters up to Chapter 15. It has Wynn as the main character, she's the worst stupid at the Spellcaster school, and then one day she finds this magic staff in this secret cave and awakens an ancient monster, and then she unlocks her powers and captures it. . .

. . . Anyway, a great threat is rising (Black Luster Soldier and his army of Warriors), and only the four elemental spellcasters foretold in a prophecy can stop them.

Yeah, it's a mix between a capture and a magic action kind of fanfic. I plan for Dharc to be an antagonist and Chaos Goddess to be the Big Bad, who is keeping Lyna captive, for the whole main story. It's supposed to be a light fanfic but it might take a slope into a more darker and edgier story later on, but I don't know when.

[spoiler=Wait, I'm spoiling?]

So like sometime, the six Charmers are flung into a far future by Chaos Goddess before she is defeated, where a future Chaos Goddess rules the entire world. They find the future versions of themselves, except Lyna and Dharc who got killed during the past fight with Chaos Goddess. Apparently, the future versions of themselves are freedom fighters and the young Charmers decide to aid them in battling the future superpowered Chaos Goddess, and since Chaos Goddess is the only one who can bring them back to past. They win, but only with the sacrifice of their Familiars. The future themselves comfort them before they are sent back. So they are sent back and defeat the weakened Chaos Goddess in the past with their own powers.

Later on, they disband out towards different areas of the world. Wynn ended up joining an army called the 'Gusto' while Eria joined another army called the 'Gishki', and becomes corrupted when looking through the Evigishki Mirror, and becomes the main antagonist. Eria and Wynn rise in rank, they meet each other in battle, in the midst of war. . . .

It's starting to get difficult a bit.

Guest PikaPerson01
The First part will be about the actual Super Hero, doing what a Super Hero would be found doing in a comic book (who is 17 btw). So the first part would be the shortest at around 8-10 chapters. He faces small trouble in the city like bank robbing, fires, hostages, etc. and it basically just introduces him and his powers and his life at school (not too much of his school life.. don't expect that too much.)

Eight to ten chapters don't sound like a "short" story at all. I dunno, maybe I write a lot, so what I consider a chapter and what you consider is a chapter is wildly different. Maybe I'm a lazy hoe and what I consider to be a lot of work, you consider to be very little. In any case, if it's just bank robbing and such, it sounds an awful lot like filler material. You could probably hammer through him saving the city and go through all his powers in a chapter or two.

The second part.. which is really the main focus of it could be the longest but I'm not quite sure as of yet. This part is where he faces a real super villain and most of thechapter takes place with their various encounters.

The most important part with the main focus, and you're not quite sure of it... >_>

Well then, here's some questions to possibly help you out:

1: What is Villain's relationship with the Hero?

2: What is Villain's super powers?

3: What is the source of the Villain's power? You mention (later on) that the hero gets his from an orb sent by the other heroes. Where does the Villain get his?

Third part which is a conclusion, could be the longest but I'm not quite sure as of yet like I set for the second one (either of them could be longer than the other.) So this part will be basically introducing galactic fighters who also have powers around the Milky Way. (If I do a good job at making this a successful fic, I will make a second book or series that just surrounds the galactic fighters.

That last part sounds terrible to be quite honest. Meh, just my thoughts. One hero, all alone, versus the entire world and a dark looming threat sounds much more interesting then having the knowledge the other heroes could have swooped in at any time and saved him.

Lazy mode: Make them based on Astrology. Gemini has the power to duplicate himself. Aquarius has the power of water. Virgo has the power to lolVirgosucks. Sagitarius is a centaur thing with the power to... shoot arrows?

Here are some thoughts to ponder on:

Other then the obvious "setting up a sequel", why do we need to know there are a lot of other super heroes? The most obvious answer would be "because there's a bigger threat for them to face!" The question then becomes 'okay, what's the bigger threat they face?'

If I had to write the story, the way I'd do it would be...

Super Villain is loosely based on Black Holes. I'd probably avoid naming him something stupid like Black Hole, and make it something more cooler sounding, yet still Black Hole related; Singularity, Event Horizon, Gravity... something... stuff like that. His power would probably be related to gravity. Shutting it off. Increasing it (making things harder to move). And spheres that absorb stuff and break stuff.

Galactic Fighters, I would drop and replace with 12 personifications of the Astrological Signs. They're like "above" the triflings of man, like Gods or something like that, but they still have to protect the small blue planet, I guess they need to protect "sentient life" or something? IDK

So basically, here's the quick, 5 minute story idea for this... >_>

One fine day, 10 or 20 years ago, there was some random 17 or 18 year old. He got the magic star ball from the Astrology People and used it to help out people. Eventually though, he got sick of helping others and just used it for his own profit. He advanced physics and other such stuff, and grew up to be a physics teacher. Overall, he hasn't used his star powers in a long time.

Enter our 17 year old protagonist. The 12 Constelation see the world is still kind of rotten, and they can sense some bad stuff is about to go down, so they send another magic star ball. Seventeen year old guy starts senior year with Professor Villain as his physics/astronomy/astrology teacher.

Neither of them know of each other's secret identity, but the professor guy decides the new hero kid needs to be taken a peg down. Drama, action, etc etc. Good guy wins. Teacher dude dies, but warns him that even the brightest of stars eventually burn out, and the stronger a star burns, the greater likelihood it'll be that it'll turn into a black hole. And other vague ominess weirdness, warning the kid that he'll someday end up like him.

The 12 Constellations agree, and decide to send the kid on an intergallactic quest to "prove" he won't become evil like his teacher. Or, 12 quests, each loosely based on their namesake. >_>

Kid passes, happy ending, etc etc.

Main friends:

1 - The best friend. Whatever his personality is, it's exactly the same, or very similar, to the hero.

2 - The smarmy, condoscending holier than thou "cool" kind of guy. Why they hang out with him is a mystery. Apparently he's decent, once you get to know him, and he's just has a bit of a stuck up personality.

3 - Quiet shy nerd girl. Studious. very smart. She secretely has a crush on our hero.

And... that's as far as I care about writing about this for right now...

---

It has Wynn as the main character,

Why exactly is Wynn the main character? I mean, I guess "cause someone has to be the main character" but why Wynn, specifically? If you could swap out any of the charmers and have it not affect the story, that might be a bit of a problem.

After reading a bit more, I actually do have to wonder. I mean, it stars all the charmer girls eventually. Other then her being a bad student at Hogwarts or something, and then getting the power to be less bad... you could probably start the story right there, with Wynn being compotent and then joining the Charmer Girls going off to deal with the "Great Threat Rising".

If I had to write it...

There teacher would be Dark Magician, DMG, Dark Sage, and all the other Dark Magician based cards. Or only DM and DMG. I don't know. They tell the girls a great threat is coming, and only they can stop it and etc etc, but the girls can't go alone and unarmed. They have to get their "Familiars" (Fox Fire, Gigobite, Petit Dragon, and Archfiend Marmot of etc etc) in order to take down BLS.

Wait, I'm spoiling?

... Final Fantasy 1 much?

Ehh... I don't think being flung into the future is all that necessary, in my opinion. Besides, why does it take 8 girls to take down Chaos Goddess? If you have to go with repeated "boss fights", why not have them fight Chaos Sorceror, or Chaos Emperor Dragon, or the Sky Scourges?

Not too sure I like the ending where they all disband... should end on a happier note, but that's just me.

So like... yeah.

Guest Merciful Idiot

Good point. But Chaos Goddess is still going to be the final-final boss, since she's a 'goddess'.

Anyway, Wynn is the main character because, well, I'm not sure, actually. Probably because she's light-headed in the Gusto series, while Eria in the Gishki series is sorta evil.

Ok Pika it's fine and all but the story seems fine and I'm probably going to base the real one off it but it stills sounds like I book I read a while ago called The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd.

Anyways, I'm thinking of going with the protagonist and antagonist as Polaris if I go with that idea; there's going to be some sort of a mix-up which leads them to send the second orb which gets in the hands of our protagonists.

When I meant I'm not sure of it quite yet I meant I'm not sure if it would bet he logiest or not.

Also I don't plan on writing long chapters.. so the first part would be quick. Anyways thanks for the plot basis.

I had a new idea. I call it:

My Life as Your God

It would be about Claus the Cactus, who is not only a maniac, he is also God. It would mainly be a comedy story, and it would probably not be too long either. It would not have an actual plot, it would instead be made up of a bunch of short stories.

Also, Claus the Cactus was a name I came up with from the tp of my head.

Guest PikaPerson01

Okay so... we have a cactus, who is God, who is named Claus.

... Now what? >_>

I mean... location, other characters, extent of Claus's powers, something that sets up a conflict or internal drama? Anything?

Well...

Claus, or whatever his name will/would be, does not have the powers of God as you usually speak of him. Claus is more like an overpowered Supervillain, with powers like extreme ingeniousity, which has eventually gone over to complete madness, and other neaty stuff. And he's not really a cactus.

As for other characters, I guess I could give him a sidekick, like Peter the Pelican or something, and maybe a love-interest which he actually have no loving interest into at all.

Guest PikaPerson01

I get that it's supposed to be humorous, but overall it just sounds of "trying too hard" IMO. >_>

Meh, it might be possible to make an interesting story with that, but overall... eh.

Uh, try a story where all the super heroes have radiation-based powers and it takes place in the 1950's?

I'm here with another idiot plot that I'm semi-interested in producing as an actual story. It's called... WRESTLE NINJAS. No really. It's a story about wrestling ninjas and ninja wrestlers. See, my sister and I were sitting around watching some crappy Nickelodeon shows, and then they had an ad for some lolfail show called 'Supah Ninjas' with some lame white kid and some jive turkey black kid learning to be stereotypical ninjas from some old asian guy. Sis looked at me and said, "You know what would be better than that? Wrestle Ninjas." Thus an empire was born.

The plot begins with two kids harassed by bullies at their school. Bullies as in comic-relief men in their thirties who never graduated 'because it's so fun to pick on LOSERS like YOU!' These two kids, 'Big' Al Seong, a Korean boy, and Mike Thusday, an African-American boy, try to beat them up and fail. They're both twelve and live in a conjoined family, or nuclear family or whatever it's called. They go home to their large house in NEBRASKA (random state), where one pair of parents is always out doing missionary work and the other is working for twelve hours a day. So they kinda get taken care of by the grandpas.

The American grandpa is a ghost. Because he is dead. He teaches the boys the wrestling arts. And the ninja arts. Because the Asian grandpa is just a superscientist. LOL FUNNY HES THE NINJA. And these two boys gain the powers granted from being a wrestle ninja. Al aligns himself to the Element of Surprise. Mike goes with the Element of Jabbing. We have weird elements and special techniques here.

But, as this happens, we have two evil groups in the shadows that have recently joined together: the Evil Ninjas and the Evil Wrestlers. One group wants to fight strong guys and the other wants to dominate the airwaves, 24/7. So they work together with mind control technology in order to achieve their goals. And when they realize there are wrestle ninjas out there, they HAVE TO STOP THEM. Thus we have random encounters for the first few episodes by mind controlled gardeners, boxers, geeks, spiritualists and surfer dudes.

The main character group will soon swell to four wrestle ninjas, factoring in the sassy Latino girl Patricia, strongest member physically aligned to the Element of Front Kicks, and jerk rich kid in every show Welshy Howzer, with the Element of Jumping. Over time they will develop very slightly in order to keep up the stupidity of the series. After a short number of episodes though, they manage to stop the flow of random enemies and finally face... some EVIL wrestle ninjas with the power to summon giant robots. They almost lose and die, but are saved... BY MYSTERIOUS GREEN MEMBER FROM NOWHERE.The fifth guy, a Native American with the Element of Entrances, is basically the answer to The Sixth Ranger archetype. They do stuff, they win stuff, we have a finale against the rest of the evil groups, and there's a season one!

Our main goal is to wield our special brand of strange humor combined with horrible special effects and extreme fight scenes in order to gain an audience. Plus, everybody loves ninjas, and nobody denies the amazement of wrestling. So you could see this as Power Rangers Wrestling Ninja Planet. Does anybody have any interesting suggestions or questions that may need to be answered? Feedback greatly appreciated.

Posted · Hidden by Deathcore, February 14, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Deathcore, February 14, 2011 - No reason given

I'm glad I found this topic. I have two ideas for for a Yu-Gi-Oh fan-fic and I don't know which one I should do. What one, in your opinion, should I write and what would you suggest. I tried to give as much as the plot as I could without revealing to much.

[spoiler=Idea #1]

Working Title: Yu-Gi-Oh: Tears of Betrayal

This takes place between GX and 5D's. After the GX Duel Academy shut down due to a struggling economy, a new duel academy opened, the Accelerated Duel Academy. It had a new dorms, new rules, and introduced Riding Duels to the academy. The academy just opened and the first batch of students in enrolling

Yeah, I know I'm half way through a fanfic already, but thought I'd get views on these two ideas anyway as I'm really getting into this stuff.

Idea A - Yu-Gi-Oh meets Cluedo

Murder mystery who-done-it? based on the classic board game.

Idea B - Yu-Gi-Oh meets 24

Action packed stop the (duelist) terrorist kind of thing, based on the TV show.

Either one would be a fairly short story of say 24-25 chapters, but hopefully I could make a more twisty and convuleted plot than my current standard fantasy adventure thing in Armageddon.

Hmmm...Well Feindish Doctor Hydra, I didn't know you had something similar to Rinne's fourm. I's like it!

Well, I utterly suck at fan-fics, so I might as well use this as a foothold. Anyway, after I was on the wikia site for yugioh, I found out that there were some new Six Samurai cards, and of course, people are specalating different reasons for their new appearance. So if anything, after reading them, I had an idea on making a back story on the Six Samurai. But that's all I have. So apologizes for being so vauge, but can anyone give some ideas?

I'm here with another idiot plot that I'm semi-interested in producing as an actual story. It's called... WRESTLE NINJAS. No really. It's a story about wrestling ninjas and ninja wrestlers. See, my sister and I were sitting around watching some crappy Nickelodeon shows, and then they had an ad for some lolfail show called 'Supah Ninjas' with some lame white kid and some jive turkey black kid learning to be stereotypical ninjas from some old asian guy. Sis looked at me and said, "You know what would be better than that? Wrestle Ninjas." Thus an empire was born.

Wait...This is a comedy right? Because if it isn't, I have no idea how it would work.

The plot begins with two kids harassed by bullies at their school. Bullies as in comic-relief men in their thirties who never graduated 'because it's so fun to pick on LOSERS like YOU!'

It is a comedy. Phew! What grade are they in? I hope it's not middle school, or that would just look like you're trying too hard. Even if it is in High School, it's still pretty silly.

These two kids, 'Big' Al Seong, a Korean boy, and Mike Thusday, an African-American boy, try to beat them up and fail.

Are they the thirty year olds? Who's them?

They're both twelve and live in a conjoined family, or nuclear family or whatever it's called. They go home to their large house in NEBRASKA (random state), where one pair of parents is always out doing missionary work and the other is working for twelve hours a day. So they kinda get taken care of by the grandpas.

Oh ok.

The American grandpa is a ghost. Because he is dead. He teaches the boys the wrestling arts. And the ninja arts.

This is getting too silly. Why does he have to be a ghost? Can't he just be crazy? Because him being crazy is less crazy than a ghost teaching wrestling and ninjutsu.

Because the Asian grandpa is just a superscientist. LOL FUNNY HES THE NINJA.

Why is he a superscientist? And why is it funny that he's the ninja? Is it because he's Asian? That's still not funny. It's the truth. Most ninjas tend to be Asian.

And these two boys gain the powers granted from being a wrestle ninja. Al aligns himself to the Element of Surprise. Mike goes with the Element of Jabbing. We have weird elements and special techniques here.

I don't think Jabbing is an element. And it's either Wrestling Ninjas or Ninja Wrestlers. Wrestle Ninja doesn't work.

But, as this happens, we have two evil groups in the shadows that have recently joined together: the Evil Ninjas and the Evil Wrestlers. One group wants to fight strong guys and the other wants to dominate the airwaves, 24/7.

This doesn't really sound like anything special. There's bad guys and good guys. Then they fight. Where's the part where I laugh?

So they work together with mind control technology in order to achieve their goals.

Mind controlling= very original.

And when they realize there are wrestle ninjas out there, they HAVE TO STOP THEM.

OMGWHY?

If these kids can't even beat thirty year old bullies, what can they do against a super evil organization of world domination and darkness?

Thus we have random encounters for the first few episodes by mind controlled gardeners, boxers, geeks, spiritualists and surfer dudes.

Don't waste time doing random stuff. Each chapter should either advance the plot or give insight to someone's/something's personality/appearance

The main character group will soon swell to four wrestle ninjas, factoring in the sassy Latino girl Patricia, strongest member physically aligned to the Element of Front Kicks, and jerk rich kid in every show Welshy Howzer, with the Element of Jumping. Over time they will develop very slightly in order to keep up the stupidity of the series. After a short number of episodes though, they manage to stop the flow of random enemies and finally face... some EVIL wrestle ninjas with the power to summon giant robots.

I'd rather you just get over the random encounters quickly. Think of it like a video game. Nobody likes running into a Rattatta/Zubat/Slime/*insertcommonfinalfantasycreaturehere*/anythingannoyingthatshowsupeverysecond every second.

They almost lose and die, but are saved... BY MYSTERIOUS GREEN MEMBER FROM NOWHERE.The fifth guy, a Native American with the Element of Entrances, is basically the answer to The Sixth Ranger archetype. They do stuff, they win stuff, we have a finale against the rest of the evil groups, and there's a season one!

It sounds really kiddish...But then again, we're in a children's card game forum.

Our main goal is to wield our special brand of strange humor combined with horrible special effects and extreme fight scenes in order to gain an audience.

All of this would get boring after a few chapters if you don't really have an engaging plot that make people think "OMGWHATHAPPENSNEXT?"

Plus, everybody loves ninjas, and nobody denies the amazement of wrestling. So you could see this as Power Rangers Wrestling Ninja Planet. Does anybody have any interesting suggestions or questions that may need to be answered? Feedback greatly appreciated.

Really really crazy. You don't need all this nonsense to make a comedy. A writer can write a comedy based on real life. Maybe lessen the wtfness.

Really really crazy. You don't need all this nonsense to make a comedy. A writer can write a comedy based on real life. Maybe lessen the wtfness.

I tried to think about the entire series with a few things in mind:

1. Think about it in 13-episode American Television show format.

2. Subvert some tropes.

3. Make it SO HORRIBLY STRANGE that it wraps back around to interest (not as in like Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job, that's going all the way back to square one in that respect).

For this thing, the real challenge isn't making something out from real life. The work comes from writing this in a manner that people would enjoy it in. Basically, from what I've noticed, to make all this work I need to draw from a few different sources: Power Rangers, WWE Wrestling, and every Naruto-like thing ever concieved of. Also strange comedy, if distilled to the best point of special-effects failure allowable. Now if these can be combined in a strange, smart way... without ripping off concepts of powers, characters and such, of course, just some sort of tone and such, then it can work.

But really, when I look at Bulk and Skull from the first season of Power Rangers, I think 'UNEMPLOYED MAN'. And everybody else I talk to seems to love the black guy ninja ghost wrestler! I'M TIRED OF ASIAN NINJAS. AND WHITE BOYS THINKING THEY CAN BE NINJAS IF THEY LISTEN TO ASIAN GUYS. Let's everybody be a ninja master, okay?

Also mind-control, because EVERYBODY ALWAYS uses it in pretty much every super-sentai-ish show I've seen at some point. Maybe I don't watch enough stuff.

Oh and sadly, to answer another question I almost forgot, the cast will primarily be in the 12 year-old range, since "THAT'S OUR DEMOGRAPHIC! DEAL WITH IIIIT!!!"

Wait...

Because the Asian grandpa is just a superscientist. LOL FUNNY HES THE NINJA.

DAMN! I WORDED IT INCORRECTLY!!! THE ASIAN GRANDPA IS JUST A SCIENTIST BUT NOT A NINJA!!! I SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKCKCKCKCK!!

Well anyways, to sum it up,

WERE PARODYING ALL OF THE TROPES. ALL OF THEM

Thank you so much Twig for your opinion; it's actually allowed me to take a look at this idea from the side of a viewer. Lesson of the day: "Present everything in a way you can slide into the story however you want. Just don't scare them off right at the start." First planned scene: Two kids vs two thirty year-old delinquents. Cut to theme song.

Native American!?!?!?! O_o!!! Sold. Bought. Anchor. I like it. Just the phase "Native American" puts a smile on my face (<---Just looking at my title would kinda explain -_-). ALthoug friend, I must agree with the two fellow gentlemen before me. It's pretty hard for me explain what they already explained, but I'm just gonna be a bit more gentle with it.

It reminds me of Azoahmanga Diaoh (if you haven't read it, it's bassically 4 panel comic strips of high school students and their silly antics). Like, Ninjas?!?!??! Wrestling!?!?!?!? Put two, and two together!! You get Ninjas Wrestling!!! BOOM! Of course, that's the only thing that's buying me. If anything, the way I see your ideas working, is actually in a role-play. I personally don't think you can do a story like that in the fourms here, so I think you have a better chance doing it at the role-play fourms.

P.S. I will gladly volunteer to be that 6th power ranger. That much is certain.

Archived