The Pub at the Edge of the Multiverse ~ Fanfiction Public Planning Thread

Hydra of Ages

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PikaPerson01

I wanna write a fanfic about something esoteric (i.e., doesn't get enough love). Wondering which one:

1) A rewrite of the Oz series and apocrypha so it all fits into one continuity.

Do not underestimate the difficulty of this feat: the Oz continuity is harder to unravel than the Legend of Zelda continuity. Zelda can be strung together without overriding anything said in the games. Oz cannot by any means. I'd have to reconcile The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Wizard of Oz, and Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West... in the first installment.

On the bright side, I get to write a lot of yuri. :D

2) 14 Juicy WITH MECHA.

On the downside, whoever's heard of 14 Juicy? On the upside, moar yuri! (I don't know why I like that girl from the love-letter chapter so much, but I do... :/)

3) Shin'ichi Akiyama ON TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND.

On the upside, this requires the least effort of the three stories -- it's much easier to develop a complex plan than to develop a complex plot. No one ever writes original-flavour Liar Game fiction, either. And Alejandro's revenge will be so much fun... if I get there: on the downside, it'll be hard for me to keep writing, and there's no yuri. (The two are actually unrelated, believe it or not.)

I only understood every other word in this post.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I only understood every other word in this post.

Then my work here is done.

Maybe will post something at a time that is. Maybe.

Greetings, fellow YCM Fan Fic Planners. I have an idea in which might be very difficult to pull off, but possibly can succeed after. If this is treated as spam, then disregard it, since I cannot delete posts for some reason. Anyway, here I go:

As of last month, I have had a large interest in the game Dragon Age: Origins. The story of the game, depending on the race and role chosen, is really breathtaking and suspenseful because you don't expect what is to happen next. The main plot in Origins is what I intend to use as a "base" for my fic, or rather, fics. I am in need of some Fan Fic Writers, most presumably the users who mostly post Fan Fic ideas or comments on other Fan Fic ideas thought about. In total, I need 5 Fan Fic Writers who have many years of experience with writing, one of which I have requested for assistance is you, Hydra of Legend. Anyone else who wishes to help me out may do so.

Do you accept my offer, Hydra. I'd love to have you on my planning team.

Guest PikaPerson01

@ Supreme Gamesmaster: If you're a-okay with having a limited audience, more power to ya'.

@ The Swift Assaulter: Your best bet would be to pick and choose the people you want to help out, as opposed to whatever random people happen to show up. In any case, best of luck I suppose.

I'm going to writa Yu-Gi-Oh! fan fic, with these traits:

The Protagonist will play a multi-theme Deck like Yusei with the ace card being a Level 8 LV monster.

The legendary cards of the fic will be two Rank 8 Exceeds, based on Yin and Yang.

The rival will use a Warrior Deck based around Ritual monsters.

At least to begin with, there won't be any Duel Disks. The characters will instead duel on tables that work somewhat like the boxes from the manga instead.

Thoughts?

Guest PikaPerson01

The Protagonist will play a multi-theme Deck like Yusei with the ace card being a Level 8 LV monster.

The legendary cards of the fic will be two Rank 8 Exceeds, based on Yin and Yang.

At least to begin with, there won't be any Duel Disks. The characters will instead duel on tables that work somewhat like the boxes from the manga instead.

Thoughts?

With all do respect, I honestly couldn't care less about the decks your characters are running.

It'd be like if this was a Star Wars fan fic and you said:

"The protagonist has a green lightsaber, but he also has a blue, dual-bladed lightsaber too like Darth Maul, except he's not evil."

"There's a planet based on Yin and Yang"

"The rival has a lightsaber, but he mostly uses the force."

"At least to begin with, they won't fight with lightsabers. The characters will instead use Space Blasters until they find out they have a high midichlorian count and go to the Jedi Temple."

Like... none of that stuff matters. What matters is the characters and the story, not their specific weapons.

Speaking of stuff that doesn't matter, I kind of had an idea simmering in the back of my mind for a really, REALLY long time but I don't think I could do it alone. Err that is to say, I could do it alone, but it'd take a ****load of time because I have other stuff to do.

Kind of like The Swift Assailant's post, I'm looking for other people willing to work with me.

"But Pika! You advice him to choose friends on YCM!"

Right, and I don't have any. =D

... If you want in, I'd prefer to give the idea over PM then in a public forum like this (it's a surprise for some reason). Express interest in a PM and send it, I suppose. *shrug*

Thoughts?

I could rarely care less about the decks. Tell me about the plotline, will ya?

With all do respect, I honestly couldn't care less about the decks your characters are running.

It'd be like if this was a Star Wars fan fic and you said:

"The protagonist has a green lightsaber, but he also has a blue, dual-bladed lightsaber too like Darth Maul, except he's not evil."

"There's a planet based on Yin and Yang"

"The rival has a lightsaber, but he mostly uses the force."

"At least to begin with, they won't fight with lightsabers. The characters will instead use Space Blasters until they find out they have a high midichlorian count and go to the Jedi Temple."

Like... none of that stuff matters. What matters is the characters and the story, not their specific weapons.

Speaking of stuff that doesn't matter, I kind of had an idea simmering in the back of my mind for a really, REALLY long time but I don't think I could do it alone. Err that is to say, I could do it alone, but it'd take a ****load of time because I have other stuff to do.

Kind of like The Swift Assailant's post, I'm looking for other people willing to work with me.

"But Pika! You advice him to choose friends on YCM!"

Right, and I don't have any. =D

... If you want in, I'd prefer to give the idea over PM then in a public forum like this (it's a surprise for some reason). Express interest in a PM and send it, I suppose. *shrug*

It depends. Will there be a lot of work involved? I am currently writing my own fanfic, so time is a bit limited. But I'm always here to help. Next: in the scantest details, 'cause you want to keep it a surpirse, can you tell us what it's about.

I'm sorry about the double post, but I have a conflict of interest going on within me. I have two fanfics I'm interested in writing -one about Pokemon, one about YuGiOh- and, since I only have time for one, I want your help in deciding which one to write up and how to improve on the idea. Here are the overview of the possible fanfics-

Pokemon fanfic: This story follows a young man named Trevor, who is one of Professor Oak's assistants. However, while highly passionate about science and Pokemon research, he tends to be a little clumsy. After Trevor accidentally almost burns Pallet Town down, Professor Oak sends him out on a scientific expedition to unravel the mysteries of Pokemon- which is really just an excuse to get Trevor out of his hair. Nonetheless, Trevor sets out to uncover the mysteries of the PokeWorld- such things like how Pokemon, which can be huge, can fit in a tiny Poke Ball, evolution, how every town has an identical Nurse Joy, why Pokemon can only learn four moves, and the others things about Pokemon that have never been explained. Accompanying Trevor is a Eevee named Domino, who was going to be a starter Pokemon for the younger kids (there was a shortage of Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, and Charmanders, being how outrageously rare they are), but was never chosen due to it's surly and uncooperative manner. This is a semi-serious fanfic that mainly asks the "Why?"s about Pokemon and the plotholes there within. A real plot might emerge at one point, probably having something to do with Team Rocket (recast as a mafia-esque group, of course) and how they are usurping the Elite Four's power, despite the Elite Four never really doing anything to stop them. Hopefully, this fanfic will also be mildly amusing.

YuGiOh fanfic: This is a serious fanfic, which is from the point-of-view of a up-and-coming Riding Duelist named Josh McCauley. He is a hotshot rookie, just entering the Pro League. Life is going just swell for this guy (resulting in excessive arrogance), but when a malevolent, dimension-warping entity interrupts one of his first Pro League Duels, Josh becomes trapped in a section of time that has been frozen. Only he, his opponent, a Russian pro duelist named Dmitri, and the entity, are able to move, but after the entity starts controlling their bodies, Josh begins begins to panic. However, something happens- a bright light appears and the entity recedes, with Josh barely escaping the frozen time zone. Dmitri isn't so lucky. Josh wakes up in a hospital bed, his coach sitting beside him. His coach tells him he and Dmitri crashed, and knows nothing about the frozen time or the entity. However, Josh believes what he saw was real- especially when he is told Dmitri is in a coma, having seen Dmitri be absorbed by the malevolent entity before escaping. The next part I don't want to divulge due to potential plot twists, but Josh falls in with a group of time-hopping Duelists who use powerful cards to time travel. The entity, he discovers, is a freed duel spirit who views duel spirits being trapped in cards as slavery and travels through the ages in an attempt to change time. The group Josh becomes part of is devoted to stopping him and his followers, but things begin to get sticky, fast. Friends will die, enemies will rise, and beliefs shall be shaken...sounds like fun stuff, right? Anyways, I'm not sure as of decks as of yet, but I'm thinking of having Josh run Gemknights, since I want those powerful time-travelling cards to be the Legendaries Planets, and I'm planning on Josh have the Big Saturn, which mixes perfectly with them. I'm not sure which cards I will base after for the bad guys, though I'm thinking the Match Winners, albeit with new effects.

So, which one do you think I should go for, and how can I improve on that idea?

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Let poor Dmitri be a character at some point. It's really annoying to see a Sacrificial Lamb; it doesn't really accomplish anything except annoying people who kind of liked the character.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PikaPerson01

The Yu-Gi-Oh one sounded a lot like .hack/Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine.

I liked the .hack quadrology, and if you think you can give it justice, I say go for it. Never been a fan of time travel much though so... yeah. Tread cautiously, I suppose.

Any particular reason as to WHY they time travel? Why couldn't the duel spirit just dick around with people in the present?

I assume the white light that saved him from the entity the first time around was the time-hopping duelists but if it wasn't...

The whole "time change" thing sounds like it could get really sticky, really fast though. I would highly not-recommend it and stick to the present.

I want to cowrite with someone about a grand-continent dueling tournament, with 3 of the greatest duelists from each...well...continent. I need to brainstorm a bit, but from what I think I can put together, the dueling tournament will start as friendly competition but will quickly erupt into something much bigger because of gambles between the nations. To give you an idea, here are two characters I came up with participating in the tournament from Europe.

Europe:

Britain - Charles Jameson - A bastard child who recently discovered royal ancestry. His father, a wealthy prince of Britain, had left his mother on the streets shortly after pregnancy. Upon his father's death, he inherited his father's ticket to the tournament and his deck. He doesn't know much about dueling, but for some odd reason, can feel as if his father duels through him.

Italy - Amadeo Caffarelli - The nephew of the godfather's right-hand, Amadeo has a fascination with music and will sometimes play during a duel. He is famous for defeating one of the champions of Ireland while playing a violin. He is very gifted, and has amazing ties with the Mafia. He leads the underground gambling on the national tournament.

If anyone would like to help, please send me a message. I'd really like some ^^

Also, if you have an MSN, make sure to let me know. It'd make plotting this a lot easier.

Let poor Dmitri be a character at some point. It's really annoying to see a Sacrificial Lamb; it doesn't really accomplish anything except annoying people who kind of liked the character.

Actually, I was thinking about having the Duel Spirits be like ghosts, able to freely travel through time of sorts but they must possess human hosts of the relevant timeline to do so. It's not an automatic process- as seen during the Riding Duel, in which the entity failed to possess Josh- but since Dmitri was absorbed, he will be possessed and then perhaps forced to fight against the main character, opening a whole wide world of possibilities.

And, actually, I hope you will like Dmitri. I feared some of you would see him as the bully that is fought against in the beginning than fades into the background as the Big Bad appears. I aim to make all characters with redeeming and flawed qualities, so I'll do my best to avoid that.

The Yu-Gi-Oh one sounded a lot like .hack/Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine.

Never heard of it, so you'll have to explain the similarities to me.

I liked the .hack quadrology, and if you think you can give it justice, I say go for it. Never been a fan of time travel much though so... yeah. Tread cautiously, I suppose.

Once again, you'll have to explain the first part to me. And yes, I'm trying my best to make it as realistic as being a time travel will allow. I'm trying to base everything off of reality, or at least things that could be possible in reality...for example time travel is possible via the hypothetical traversable wormholes theory, in which a wormhole with two ends are generated, in which one end is hyper-accelerated and then due to relativistic time dilation, is made to age slower than the other end, it will instead end up traveling into the past (if viewed from the unaccelerated wormhole end) or into the future (if viewed from the accelerated wormhole end) despite the two ends being synchronized. As a metaphor, consider the first ends to be two people at the same age, yet the second one is mentally slower than the other, so if you view it as mental capability, the first one is further ahead than the second person, even though they are the same age. It is unknown how to generate such wormholes, which is where the cards come in; they release an unknown type of energy which interacts with the human mind, allowing the person with the mind in question to generate the wormhole, decide which end to accelerate (either the one they are in or not, deciding if they are going in the future or past) and how much it is accelerated (thus deciding how far into the past or future you go).

There also is a second thing, which isn't based on reality at all; the time-hopping duelists can also adjust their wormhole generators to change timelines, that is, to access the Spirit World, in which the Duel Spirits in their own forms live. The Duel Spirits, however, access the timeline(s) is different; they have perfected an ability in which they are able to leave their bodies and switch hosts in different times and the timelines at will, and how they are able to do this and how the energy is also able to do this is explained within the fanfic.

The timeline itself is based on both the "plastic time" theory, of which one variant is defined as such: "History is change resistant in direct relationship to the importance of the event ie. small trivial events can be readily changed but large ones take great effort.". The time-hopping duelists are able to change small little things in the timeline, like who won the lottery in 1996, but trying to do something like make the British win the American Revolution would require a lot of effort and energy on the behalf of the traveler, and would in most cases fail prey to the Novikov self-consistency principle, in which the timelines aims to adjust itself back to what it originally was. So, basically, the traveler would have to do a lot of stuff to change the timeline dramatically.

I know this sounds like a bunch of scientific gobbledegook, so I'll try my best to simplify it in the fanfic.

Any particular reason as to WHY they time travel? Why couldn't the duel spirit just dick around with people in the present?

I assume the white light that saved him from the entity the first time around was the time-hopping duelists but if it wasn't...

The whole "time change" thing sounds like it could get really sticky, really fast though. I would highly not-recommend it and stick to the present.

For the first part, it has to do with the fact that the Spirit World and our world are different timelines- different dimensions that usually, are unable to access each other. However, some how, the Spirit World timeline and our timeline have become conjoined, or at least pressed together, so that now we are able to push through the barrier dividing us and access each others world. This happened sometime around the point Ancient Egyptians began accessing their ba, which is to say, Duel Spirits. In a way, this led to our slavery of the Duel Spirits, so this freed duel spirit wants to erase history and separate the two timelines, but as you know, it takes a lot of energy to cause major changes to the timeline. As of the beginning of story, the duel spirit is trying to figure out how two timelines became forced together and amass enough energy to change this- what he is trying to do is convince or force (usually by possessing them and then locking their minds away, turning them into brain-dead lackeys who obey their every command) enough humans and Duel Spirits to join his cause. The time-hopping duelists, under the guide of a scientist who discovered the ability of the cards to time travel, aim to stop him and his followers.

And yes, the bright light is the time-hopping duelists. The newfound powers in their cards give them slight influence over the timeline, like accelerating or freezing it for a period of time, but like all time-chaging events, as they get bigger and bigger they require more and more energy on behalf of the duelist/Duel Spirit.

By time change, do you refer to the whole time-travel concept?

Posted · Hidden by ExtremeG, May 2, 2011 - unnessasary
Hidden by ExtremeG, May 2, 2011 - unnessasary

I've been thinking of an idea for a while. It's not a fan fiction, but I think it is a really interesting idea. It was inspired by all of these fan-fiction reviews and how people who aren't that great of writers get their writing reviewed and are given tips on how to make the story better. I thought to myself, "A lot of people have the ideas in their head, but they have neither the skill nor the time to articulate their thoughts”. That's why I came up with this idea.

FAN FICTION RE-WRITES!

It's essentially where I would ask people if they need any help with starting off their fan-fictions. If they have an idea or even a rough draft, I would take it, polish it up, tweak up the plot a little, and deliver it back to them. Of course, I would only do the first chapter. Let's face it, if I did more, people would expect me to write their entire fan-fiction for them. This would be just to give people a direction. Something to inspire them and get the creative juices flowing. Everyone needs a hand once in a while, just no hand outs :) What do you think? Stupid idea? Good idea?

Okay, since my other idea is in the making and might take up until next year to actually start, I've decided to try and make another Fic to pass the time. This one is of an original plotline, yet the character was created by a YouTube user named ReubenKee, who died in a boat accident years back, and many people honor his death on YouTube by making their own videos of his successful original MUGEN character, Dragon Claw. I will do the same, but with a story, one that connects with the only trailer, and video, of Dragon Claw that was made before ReubenKee died.

Basically, the story is like a Mega Multiverse RP, but as a Fan Fic, and based on many different MUGEN characters of my choice, including new ones I find out on YouTube that I think would work well. R.I.P. ReubenKee. BTW, here's the video. The text basically explains who he is.

And I decide to make somethings up as I go along. With what I already can think of, it is said that Dragon Claw could bend time, or be able to cut through the membrane that seals away the interspace that connects all universes in a chain, known as the Multiverse. By doing so, he can effect what time and fate was supposed to happen in every other universe ignoring his own just by defeating and/or, possibly, killing them in the process, causing time scars that will forever effect the flow of time in each universe, changing events and creating either new villains, or new heroes. When the gods of Dragon Claw's universe find out what they have done, they create more warriors: one made of the earth and wind, another made of the waters and ice, and one of the sun and wind. They now begin to hunt Dragon Claw down, going through many universes to bring him back and imprison him forever so that he may never do damage to the Multiverse again. Any thoughts?

Before I do go on with my idea, it should be common courtesy to answer the question that comes before me:

Hmm...I will admit TSA, I personally do not have any connections to this series, so I personally can not put down my opinion because I am not familar with this series. Apologizes man, but not only that, it is kinda hard to comprehand your ideas. But I will admit, I really do enjoy the "Time-Scaring" part and should capitalize on that. Make it a plot-twist to a character or make it THE plot of the story. Altering another victom's universe by partialy destroying yours, or something along that line. But again, since I'm not familar with the series, those are my only opinions I can give.

As for my idea on for a story:

Recently, I'm noticing that everyone fan-fic is either Yugioh, or a original fan-fiction. Now, I have nothing against that, because that is the point of fan-fiction; to create a story using a pre-existed story, but using our ideas instead. So on that basis, I'm chomping down on anyone, however, what I will complain on, is the common trend of everyone having their trying to win some kind of tournement, or facing some kind of new darkness (and seriously going at a rather too fast pace for me to really get in touch with the story/characters). So that is really is kinda of getting a bit tiresome of seeing that common treand.

With that in regred, I wanna try something that is a bit that really just takes it time telling the story, but at the same time, combine elements that everyone seems to use.

[spoiler=Plot]

Dénouement of Raining Memories

The story I wish to tell, is about a boy, who meet a girl from when he was very little. Ever since that day, he'd constanly been having dreams about her.

To him, the little girl is just one of those people you meet in life-time that you just can't forget about. No matter what you go through.

Ever since that day, both the Boy and the Girl have been communicating through their dreams, and became the best of friends. But one day, the Dreaming suddenly stops. The Girl doesn't respond to the Boy anymore. Distraught, the Boy does everything he can to try and find her, to see if she is okay. But to no avail.

After a couple of years, the Boy hears about an upcomming tournement, that is the biggest that the world has ever seen. With hopes that the Girl has heard of it, the Boy enters it with high-hopes that she continue talking to him via. Dreams again. But after getting so far in the tournament, the Boy discovers a fundemental, but shocking truth that threatens everything that everyone values. Their Hope.

So far, that is how far I've planned out and I would really enjoy everyone's opinion's and feedback.

Frybread, it is not a series. It's an original idea, but I decided to continue from where the creator of the character left off. I've had this idea since yesterday, and I'm sticking with it. Mainly because when it's done, I'll be posting chapter by chapter on fanfiction.net where the whole world can see what I did.

Posted · Hidden by Cozmosus, May 6, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Cozmosus, May 6, 2011 - No reason given

@Frybread-I have been having similar thoughts, and like the idea. I say go with the idea.

@TSA- I like the idea, story, and the video, but I feel that Dragon Claw is a bit over powered. I know he's a main character, and an all powerful legend, but I think he should be nerfed, even if just a little.

Anyway, I have a vague idea for a fan-fic of my own. It's sort of an adventure sci-fi. The basic story is about two sides headbutting in a continuing battle set in the year 2050 on Earth. The Galls(or Gulls, you pick which one sounds better) and the Crows. The Galls(or Gulls) are the protectors of modern citizens. The control most countries around the world. They own a vast enterprise, and are the larger power. But, underneath the heroic shell of the Galls, lies a secret organization called Cross-hair. Cross-hair publicly known as the enemy of the Galls, secretly under orders from the leader of the Galls, Marek(No, not based on the one from Yu-Gi-Oh). He has plans to control the whole world and build Utopia, by any means necessary. They can be identified by their symbol, which is (obviously) a cross-hair. The Crows, are a rebellion that is building up against the Galls. They are people who want to know the truth, suspect something about the Galls, or already know the truth. They have been cast into the underbelly of society, exiled from Gall controlled cities and constantly at war with the Galls and Cross-Hair. The Crows are making attempts to destroy Gall HQ's, uncover the truth to the public, and stop their plans of taking over. The Crows are under command of a man whose name I have not come up with yet. On to the main characters. A young man named Matt Williams is living in one of the Gall cities. Something happens, and he leaves the city to become a Crow. He becomes part of a small faction of Crows that is lead by a woman named Jenny Smith. Note that these are only vague ideas and haven't exactly finished the idea. I've posted it here for help and comments.

Scratch what I said in my last post. It will be a series, or rather, a series of Arcs. In total, there will be 5 Arcs. The first one will be known, basically, as the Fires and Wind Arc, basically introducing the charactrer and showing what kind of evil lies in his universe. The rest I'm still debating on.

Why not just brainstrom it? Like, when before you were included in the Staff TSA, what Monsieur, Lady, and I did, was that we'd basically just swing ideas up in the air and see how they went.

With that in mind, is it going to be a light read? or a novel-type read? What is the intended audience for? and how do you feel about it?

Using those same questions of mine:

I want this to be considered "kid-friendly" to everyone, and make it ideal that everyone can enjoy it (from the young to the old). I don't want to make it way too complicated, by giving the story it's own world (like a Final Fantasy game for example, how they create their own world and religion). I mean, I did played "GOD" before by doing that, but it really got dull and tiresome. But at the same time, I don't want to make it too simple for people. I want to have every character fleshed out and feel "Real."

Most of the fan-fics I've been reading as of late, really just make their stories a bit over the top. But again, it's fiction, so I have no right to complain, but I really want to just take my time telling the story. Have people feel connected and feel like they can control the story itself.

Those are my goals, reading-type, and the atteneded audience. Not only that, it was just really plain and descriptive (or atleast in my mind or until someone says otherwise). Hope that helps.

It does. Anyway, gere are my intentions for this story:

1. This is intended for all audiences of all ages for having the most amount of genres into one: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Drama, etc. Any universe, or rather games, I know about so well have some of those genres in which I'll be using at certain plot points for each.

2. It'll be like a novel at first, and then when he begins to jump the Multiverse, I'll tone it down to make it a bit shorter for the less experienced readers.

3. I intend to have a planning team eventually. When he jumps the Multiverse, my planning team for my other Fan Fic intended to begin next year should also be my planning team for this Fic, so they can give me custom ideas of time-warping events in games. I already have one in particular, but I won't say what, since it's a secret for now.

That's all I have for now. I'll let you know how my progress is going when I have the chance.

Posted · Hidden by The Borg, May 4, 2011 - Realized this might be better as a RP
Hidden by The Borg, May 4, 2011 - Realized this might be better as a RP

Okay I'm thinking of a fan fic in a fantasy universe with an interesting trick to it. Two countries (Light and Dark are there names based on their powers) are locked in what seems like eternal war. The trick is that there is two parts to each chapter, one from each side. Any comments based on that concept?

Archived