The Pub at the Edge of the Multiverse ~ Fanfiction Public Planning Thread

Hydra of Ages

I've been developing this idea for a few days and want to know how good it is. Anything I should change? I'll try to give as much of the plot as I can without giving out to much.

[spoiler=Idea/Plot]

Working Title - Yu-Gi-Oh: Tears of Jupiter

Jupiter, a sixteen-year-old female, has amnesia. She was found unconscious in the town square of Vatican, a huge, blazing city. When she finally gained conscious, she didn't remember how she got there and only remembered her name and age. A doctor and nurse couple, Mr. and Mrs. Burns, decided to take her in and treat her.

A week later, on a stormy day, a cloaked man introduces himself as "Prophecy" and says that it's time for Jupiter to start remembering. After this, Jupiter slowly does start remembering. "Prophecy" arrives again and tells Jupiter she's one of the seven Syn Protectors and that the seven Syn Items are indangered of falling into the wrong hands.

Jupiter, along with her friends Marcus and Miranda, go with "Prophecy" to recruit the other six Syn Protectors and to start the journey of saving the Syn Items.

Note, all names, except Jupiter, might be changed.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I know I'm half way through a fanfic already, but thought I'd get views on these two ideas anyway as I'm really getting into this stuff.

Idea A - Yu-Gi-Oh meets Cluedo

Murder mystery who-done-it? based on the classic board game.

Unfortunately, I've never heard of Cluedo. But if you're think of a Yugioh Murder Mystery, just make sure the killer didn't kill the victim through a children's card game.

Idea B - Yu-Gi-Oh meets 24

Action packed stop the (duelist) terrorist kind of thing, based on the TV show.

Either one would be a fairly short story of say 24-25 chapters, but hopefully I could make a more twisty and convuleted plot than my current standard fantasy adventure thing in Armageddon.

I don't watch 24, but I've heard of it. Twist the plot until it breaks. Then go back and fix it.

Well, I utterly suck at fan-fics, so I might as well use this as a foothold. Anyway, after I was on the wikia site for yugioh, I found out that there were some new Six Samurai cards, and of course, people are specalating different reasons for their new appearance. So if anything, after reading them, I had an idea on making a back story on the Six Samurai. But that's all I have. So apologizes for being so vauge, but can anyone give some ideas?

Not familiar with the six samurais. If they're a group, maybe you can tell how they met or something...

*Will reply to other ideas and Weather Report later*

I've been developing this idea for a few days and want to know how good it is. Anything I should change? I'll try to give as much of the plot as I can without giving out to much.

This a YuGiOh fic, sound alright I guess, but more info would have been nice.

The amnesia thing is a good start in fairness.

Already assuming Marcus and Miranda become Syn Protectors. Why else would they be there? I'm correct aren't I? Thats a bad start if I am.

Unfortunately, I've never heard of Cluedo. But if you're think of a Yugioh Murder Mystery, just make sure the killer didn't kill the victim through a children's card game.

I don't watch 24, but I've heard of it. Twist the plot until it breaks. Then go back and fix it.

You know, Cluedo. I suspect Reverand Green killed him in the library with the lead piping, that one. The victim would be killed through one of the classic items though, don't worry. :lol:

PS, is anyone else not getting a notification for being quoted?

Damn, it sounded longer in my head. Sorry about that, I thought it would be longer while thinking of it.

I'm not going to give out if they do become/are Syn Protectors, but they are a huge part of the plot. That's why their there. And I like the amnesia thing too, the amnesia will also have a huge part of the story.

Later today, I'll post a much longer plot. And yes, it will be much longer.

Planning to do a fic about me, Fail-Sergeant Mew, and my Flying Nazi Zombies (stupidibly loyal, and gets paid with wishkey) and how to get out of Los Angeles after a mess... The Fail-Sergeant is also a antihero, and trying to mess with pepole's minds (with VERY varying results).

And the worst fact is that it feels like non-fiction. And this is Fan Fiction section, so I don't know if I can post it here. Need advice on that part.

Oh. Should just say this is a joke-fic, so you don't take it srsly.

Native American!?!?!?! O_o!!! Sold. Bought. Anchor. I like it. Just the phase "Native American" puts a smile on my face (<---Just looking at my title would kinda explain -_-). ALthoug friend, I must agree with the two fellow gentlemen before me. It's pretty hard for me explain what they already explained, but I'm just gonna be a bit more gentle with it.

It reminds me of Azoahmanga Diaoh (if you haven't read it, it's bassically 4 panel comic strips of high school students and their silly antics). Like, Ninjas?!?!??! Wrestling!?!?!?!? Put two, and two together!! You get Ninjas Wrestling!!! BOOM! Of course, that's the only thing that's buying me. If anything, the way I see your ideas working, is actually in a role-play. I personally don't think you can do a story like that in the fourms here, so I think you have a better chance doing it at the role-play fourms.

P.S. I will gladly volunteer to be that 6th power ranger. That much is certain.

Woah! So other Injun kids DO play this game (well, I guess having a great-grandpa Cherokee man wouldn't really allow me to count as native american...)! I'm weird. I just never say 'Indian' because I know too many Indian kids from India.

Really, I was never intending to type this up for the forums. This is literally a MARKETABLE IDEA for maybe books, and if possible, SCREENPLAY?! I can see how it would be taken as a role-play, because they are pretty extreme in and of themselves, but it's not. I'm sorry for some reason. But thanks for liking the WRESTLING NINJAS part. The way my sis and I want to be able to show everything is by introducing the weird parts over time while getting people into it with improbably martial arts and such (Ninja guy sneaks up behind you through your shadow! He kicks you into the air, flips twice, catches you and plants your head into the ground with a PILE DRIVER!!). But I'm keeping the 'Element of Suprise' and 'Element of Jabbing' puns. We also have a rich jerk with the Element of Jumping and the powerhouse-member spunky Latino girl with the Element of Front Kicks for massive damage.

Well... those are the replies and extra ideas thrown in. I'm still thankful for these replies giving me extra thought on each topic, so thanks Frybreadguykid.

Aw shucks, don't meantion it...darn...what ethnicity are you?? Hmm...Well, I guess I'll just call you cracker-jack if you call me 'Injun' :lol: . Although there are some problems I'm seeing. Nothing to major that I have to single out. If you can just have more of plot, and a good set of good and bad guys, it'll be pretty good. Of course I personally wanna see this on the RP fourms.

Aw shucks, don't meantion it...darn...what ethnicity are you?? Hmm...Well, I guess I'll just call you cracker-jack if you call me 'Injun' :lol: . Although there are some problems I'm seeing. Nothing to major that I have to single out. If you can just have more of plot, and a good set of good and bad guys, it'll be pretty good. Of course I personally wanna see this on the RP fourms.

In terms of ethnicity, I'm pretty much half German, a good portion AFRICAN AMERICAN BABY with some smatterings of random European peoples and Cherokee thrown in for good measure. Oh yeah the story.

In terms of on-topic, I've got a number of different characters to employ in the series as side characters as well as foes. Of course we have our evil ninja wrestler squad, and we're gonna have five different mind control McGuffin parties, plus two idiot bullies who act as comic relief. I'm also planning out some different members of each organization, and have two 'scout' guys who set up these different 'boss of the day' type deals.

1. Some Ninja Lady

Some lady with a big blue visor over her red, evil-looking eyes and a tremendous amount of hair in a ponytail. She'll wear a dark shade of pink as a base for her stylized kunoichi outfit, and her main means of attack will be to summon large blades and throw them at stuff, at which point they explode. The personality should be something like... "Ohoho, YOU think you stand a chance? We'll beat you in an instant! TASTE MY FURIOUS KNIVES OF FURY!!"

2. Some incredibly tall guy who looks kinda like Uncle Sam

A man in a fake grey beard who wears a blue-and-white-striped top hat overalls combo type getup. Also a bow tie. His main gimmick is that his legs are long to the point of being portrayed as stilts as his torso is way above everybody else. He bends down out from nowhere and BAM! Uses a throwing type move. Personality... "Hmph! What a chump! The chumpiest! Just give in already and TAKE A FALL!! HAR HAR HOO HOO!!" As a special note, I have his defeat scene already envisioned: Mike the yellow ninja guy, after a harrowing battle, finds his weakness: direct attacks to his main body. So what does he do? He dodges a kick, and before the guy can steady himself, he runs all the way up his second leg at a 180-degree incline and slugs him in the face, causing him to fall twenty feet groundward (SUCH TALLNESS?!?! WOAH)

3. Other plot notes?

I'd like to say I want to write this as a coming of age story, but that may just not be the main idea. I want to subvert a lot of old conventions while using the really dumb standbys. The climax I have in mind involves a large wrestling event occurring in the hometown of the story, and the wrestler and ninja bad guys barging in and taking control. Once they have attention placed upon themselves, all the news broadcasts will be focusing on their escapades. And then they'll set MIND CONTROL to GET TOUGH. The whole world (or at least everybody watching) will suddenly get super powers from their own mind and begin to worship wrestling. Then the ninjas will be able to fight strong people forever, having made a world WHERE THE WEAK CANNOT SURVIVE, and the wrestlers can take over the communications industry at their own pace, garnering all the money in the world over time because of excessive merchandise selling. THE PERFECT PLAN. So I guess the bad guys are waiting until that moment occurs, but become wary when they hear 'OH CRAP WRESTLE NINJA KIDS?!' because, of course, they out of every other martial artist type in the universe have the MOST POTENTIAL (for growth) and are immune to different types of mind control or swaying of any sort, because WHEN THE NINJA SIDE GOES DOWN THE WRESTLER SMACKS IT BACK INTO SHAPE AND VICE-VERSA DUDES. The key here is to justify stupid things with even dumber things, as par for my stories.

Those are pretty much additional guy notes, and sorry for the O-Tness of the first part of the message.

Okay, I have a longer, more detailed plot for my fan-fic. Hopefully, this is longer than the last. The first few paragraphs are pasted from the last, but I expanded on it.

[spoiler=YuGiOh: Tears of Jupiter Plot]

Jupiter, a sixteen-year-old female, has amnesia. She was found unconscious in the town square of Skrill, a huge, blazing city. The doctor/nurse couple, Mr. and Mrs. Avery, take her in. When she finally gains conscious a few hours later, she only remembered her personal information, name and age. Everything else was blank to her. The Avery family take her in, albeit temporary while she recovers.

Jupiter quickly becomes friends with Mr. and Mrs. Avery's son, Marcus, and his girlfriend, Miranda. They show her around Skrill and the surrounding areas. A full week after she was found, she starts having nightmares and hearing voices in her head, telling her it was time to start remembering. Thinking she was slowly going insane, she isolates herself from everyone. Marcus, Miranda, and the rest of her friends starts to worry.

Two weeks after she was found, Mr. and Mrs. Avery take Jupiter, Marcus, and Miranda out to dinner and they are interrupted by a cloaked man who introduces himself as "Prophecy". He reveals Jupiter is one of the seven Syn Protectors and that she must go with him to find the other Syn Protectors and start the journey to save the seven Syn Items. Jupiter, reluctantly, agrees to go. Marcus and Miranda also agree to go. "Prophecy" agrees to let them go, but for reasons unknown.

And now, the story of the Syn Protectors and the Syn Items will unravel before the reader eyes.

Not much better than the last, but at least it's longer. I also changed some names up. See if you can point them out.

Guest PikaPerson01
Tears of Jupiter

Did she fall for a shooting star

One without a permanent scar

And did she miss me while she wa looking at herself out there

Did the wind sweep her off her feet

Did she finally get the chance to dance along the light of day

And head back to the milky way

And tell me, did venus blow her mind

Was it everything she wanted to find

And did she miss me while she was looking for herself out there

She was found unconscious in the town square of Skrill, a huge, blazing city.

Blazing? As in... on-fire? That might be kind of interesting. If you didn't mean "on fire", and you're already messing up on your word choices without even starting the fic, I'd ask you to reconsider starting this.

Two weeks after she was found, Mr. and Mrs. Avery take Jupiter, Marcus, and Miranda out to dinner and they are interrupted by a cloaked man who introduces himself as "Prophecy". He reveals Jupiter is one of the seven Syn Protectors and that she must go with him to find the other Syn Protectors and start the journey to save the seven Syn Items. Jupiter, reluctantly, agrees to go. Marcus and Miranda also agree to go. "Prophecy" agrees to let them go, but for reasons unknown.

Sounds like an odd mix of signers + Millenium Items. Also, it seems kind of odd that she'd believe his story and agree to go so suddenly. I mean, what does she have to gain from following Prophecy? There's a small chance she'll find her memories and be content with them, but she's giving up a definite chance of a happy life with her friends in the on-fire town. Also, who's gonna be the one to tell Miranda's parents?

"Hey Mr and Mrs Miranda! You know how your daughter is dating our son? Well, funny story, some mysterious guy in a cloak showed up during dinner and she left with him, along with our son and that little girl we were looking after, most likely never to come back. Ta ta!"

I figure "Prophecy" agrees to let them go just to get the show on the road. Jupiter doesn't wanna be completely alone in an unknown location with some possible deranged axe murderer, but Mr. Axe Crazy needs her to come along, so he gives in to her ridiculous demand because, once again, shes important and he needs her.

Guest TheFinalFan

Would it be too cliche and/or stupid for me to create the following fanfic:

My OC Vicky travels back in time to try to discover the origins of the Earthbound Immortals, only to find out the ancient Signers are pompous religious zealots oppressing their people. Her boyfriend, who tagged along, gets kidnapped and used as a sacrifice, which enrages Vicky enough to create the Earthbound Immortals and wage war against the Signers and their dragons.

Did she fall for a shooting star

One without a permanent scar

And did she miss me while she wa looking at herself out there

Did the wind sweep her off her feet

Did she finally get the chance to dance along the light of day

And head back to the milky way

And tell me, did venus blow her mind

Was it everything she wanted to find

And did she miss me while she was looking for herself out there

Blazing? As in... on-fire? That might be kind of interesting. If you didn't mean "on fire", and you're already messing up on your word choices without even starting the fic, I'd ask you to reconsider starting this.

Sounds like an odd mix of signers + Millenium Items. Also, it seems kind of odd that she'd believe his story and agree to go so suddenly. I mean, what does she have to gain from following Prophecy? There's a small chance she'll find her memories and be content with them, but she's giving up a definite chance of a happy life with her friends in the on-fire town. Also, who's gonna be the one to tell Miranda's parents?

"Hey Mr and Mrs Miranda! You know how your daughter is dating our son? Well, funny story, some mysterious guy in a cloak showed up during dinner and she left with him, along with our son and that little girl we were looking after, most likely never to come back. Ta ta!"

I figure "Prophecy" agrees to let them go just to get the show on the road. Jupiter doesn't wanna be completely alone in an unknown location with some possible deranged axe murderer, but Mr. Axe Crazy needs her to come along, so he gives in to her ridiculous demand because, once again, shes important and he needs her.

"Tears of Jupiter", the name, will have something important to do with the story, but not for a while.

Blazing wasn't the right word. If I'm in a rush, I mix up and mess up words. I swear in the fic, when I have time to write, that won't happen. What I mean by "blazing" was it is a city full of shops and tourism and such. Sorry for that.

The Syn Items and Syn Protectors, if you haven't caught on, are based off of the Seven Deadly Sins. There's more to it than I explained. The "sins" will have a role (like greed, anger, etc.) in it.

About Jupiter going with "Prophecy" all of a sudden. There will defiantly be more dialogue than what I put and I was thinking of maybe Jupiter doesn't agree to go until a few days later. Jupiter isn't going to go with some cloaked man she doesn't know right away. She defiantly wants a happy life, but also wants to know what happened to her memories and that's what "Prophecy" promises if she goes with him: her memories. Again, it was the sudden rush of my posting.

Damnit, I haven't even thought of Miranda's parents. I was mostly focusing more on the important characters and I completely forgot about her parents. Okay, I'll have to fix them into the plot.

Jupiter wants her friends to go to keep her company, Marcus/Miranda go to look after her and see the world, and "Prophecy" agrees to let them go because he knows something they don't. There's a reason he introduced himself as "Prophecy".

Now looking at it, I might throw this idea out and start on a new one. I have a number of ideas in my head from Yu-Gi-Oh fanfics to Pokemon fanfics and a lot more fanfics. I might just write down several ideas and let the forum pick out the best one.

"Tears of Jupiter", the name, will have something important to do with the story, but not for a while.

Blazing wasn't the right word. If I'm in a rush, I mix up and mess up words. I swear in the fic, when I have time to write, that won't happen. What I mean by "blazing" was it is a city full of shops and tourism and such. Sorry for that.

The Syn Items and Syn Protectors, if you haven't caught on, are based off of the Seven Deadly Sins. There's more to it than I explained. The "sins" will have a role (like greed, anger, etc.) in it.

Wut. If the Syn Protectors are based off the Seven Deadly Sins, does that mean that they are the embodiments of that Sin, making the Syn Protectors actually bad- or do the Syn Protectors stop their sins from taking over or something? Cause if the latter is true, then Greed has been doing a really crappy job.

About Jupiter going with "Prophecy" all of a sudden. There will defiantly be more dialogue than what I put and I was thinking of maybe Jupiter doesn't agree to go until a few days later. Jupiter isn't going to go with some cloaked man she doesn't know right away. She defiantly wants a happy life, but also wants to know what happened to her memories and that's what "Prophecy" promises if she goes with him: her memories. Again, it was the sudden rush of my posting.

That would probably be a good idea to do. Also, have Prophecy show Jupiter a bit of her memories, just so she knows he's not lying or anything.

Damnit, I haven't even thought of Miranda's parents. I was mostly focusing more on the important characters and I completely forgot about her parents. Okay, I'll have to fix them into the plot.

Jupiter wants her friends to go to keep her company, Marcus/Miranda go to look after her and see the world, and "Prophecy" agrees to let them go because he knows something they don't. There's a reason he introduced himself as "Prophecy".

Wait, Marcus and Miranda are gonna leave their home and all their friends just for a girl they met a week before? Wow.

Now looking at it, I might throw this idea out and start on a new one. I have a number of ideas in my head from Yu-Gi-Oh fanfics to Pokemon fanfics and a lot more fanfics. I might just write down several ideas and let the forum pick out the best one.

Don't knock this until you try it. It sounds good, you just have a few gray spots here and there. Oh, before I forget, a question; you said this is a YuGiOh fanfic. I didn't see anything in the story alluding to this, so could you inform us about how you're going to incorporate Duel Monsters and stuff?

I'm currently doing a rewrite of the plot. I'll have the same main plot, but I'll (attempt) to fill in the gray spots. It is a YugiOh fic, and yes I never said anything about how Duel Monsters, but I'll fill it in the rewrite.

Being a Syn Protector doesn't exactly mean your the bad guys. Each has their own personality. The "real" bad person and/or team wants the Syn Items for his own. If you control the "Syn Items" (might come up with a better name in the rewrite) you can basically control people's emotions. Twisting it every which way you want. Basically you can control people and the world. It's the Syn Protectors job to make sure they don't fall into the wrong hands.

About Marcus/Miranda. They think they know her (Jupiter) more than they do know her. It's kinda hard to explain and even if I could explain it, it'll give to much away.

I hope my rewrite of the plot will fill in the gray holes and the parts where you go, "WTF!?"

Don't sweat it cracker-jack. It sounds like you already have it all planned out. So whaddya waiting for friend?

I mostly wanted to get a basic opinion on the idea (thanks for the positive vibes) and get some new ideas or bonus views on the "story" (and thank you for them too, because inspiration comes from every comment). TIS BEEN A ROLLICKING SUCCESS. Thank you all, because I say thank you a lot.

Okay, I wasn't going to post this, but I thought I might as well. This is the improved version of the plot for Tears of Jupiter. I'm not going to do anything with it anymore unless it very minor changes.

[spoiler=Tears of Jupiter (Improved) Plot]

Jupiter, a sixteen-year-old female, has amnesia. She was discovered, unconscious, in a alleyway in the town square of Zelus, a city that attracts a million tourists a year with its scenery. (Think Las Vegas.) 

When she gains consciousness, she only remembers her name and age. The medical couple, Mr. and Mrs. Burns, takes her for recovery. Jupiter quickly become friends with their son Marcus and his girlfriend Miranda. She starts settling in to her new life when one night, a cloaked man, who introduces himself as "Prophecy", comes to the Burns' house. He reveals that Jupiter is a Syn Protector and it's time for her to protect the Syn Cards, along with the other sic Syn Protectors.

She shuns him away, but for the next few days, he keeps showing up and warning Jupiter the world is in danger of falling into the wrong hands. The Burns' finally invite him over to discuss it with them, Jupiter, Marcus and Miranda, and Miranda's parents. After explaining more about Syn Protectors and Syn Cards, "Prophecy" shows a piece of Jupiter's memory. After seeing this, she agrees to go. Marcus and Miranda also want to go; their parents aren't sure, but agree to let them go anyway.

On the journey of seeking out the Syn Protectors and the Syn Cards, Jupiter slowly gains her memories back. However, the road isn't as easy as it seems, as a group known as Apocalypse is searching for the Syn Cards for themselves. The Syn Protectors will have to defeat them if they want to keep the world balanced.

However, "Prophecy" has a secret that he's keeping to himself...for the time being. It has something to do with a ancient prophecy that will determine the fate of the world.

Now, I know they are still a few parts you can call "gray spots", but I have everything down, I'm just not giving away to much. I know every character's purpose and how the story will play out.

In the original plot, "Prophecy" showed up, like, a week or two after she was discovered. This one, I'm thinking around a month after she was discovered. I just thought that would make more sense.

Also, I'm thinking this fan-fic will take place sometime after 5D's. Riding duels will be featured in this fic, but not as much as in 5D's. I'm aiming for this fic to have eight volumes, or arcs/seasons. Seven for the Syn Cards/Syn Protectors and one for the final battle to decide it all. That is what I'm aiming for anyway.

So, yeah, any questions I'll be happy to answer. I'll start writing in a few days (need to get Word on this laptop).

I have this idea for a Gundam-esk original story called. GUNDAM: HOLY WAR.

It is based on a planet in the Andromeda galexy called Gaki, after the supreme God of creation in Gaiken religion. The premise of the story is that for the passed 3000 year, there has been a conflict between the Erixunm and the Yalimna, who are the two dominant religous factions on the planet. The original cause for this holy war was a conflict in beliefs about whom Gaikens should truely worship. The Erixunm believe that only Gaki should be worshiped because he is the only true God and that the so called "Gods" and "Goddess" that he created should not be praised in the same way Gaki is. The second group is the Yalimna, who not only believe in all the gods and goddesses and the things that they do for human kind, but also keep a detailed book called the Yali, recording all of their laws given to them by the descendents of Gaki, or the other gods. For thousands of years there have been wars that came an when between these two faction, however, for the most part, there was a truce between the people that insured the others survival. This all changed, however, when intelligence was gathered that the Junakl government, a Yalimna nation, created what they called Syithu, after the Goddess of Sympathy and Twilight, a machine that could create a mineral substance that could quite literally blank matter out of existence by means of sub-atoms despersion. The Erixunm saw this machine as a sign that the Yalimna would use the machine as a weapon to destroy them and end the Holy War once and for all. For the first time in Gaki history, world war was declared. Years passed and the Erixunm were finally able to create thier own machine that they refered to as Iofkainous. The war seemed at a stalemate, both sides unwilling to use thier weapons in fear of their opponents responce. (Cold war anyone?) After the deaths of millions of Gaikens of every denomination, a new truce was formed and the two machines were hidden away. From this truce an organization was formed to counter any and all attempted to break the truce that so many died to form. This organiaztion was call Vistro, meaning Unity.

So the story is about Vistro and how they use Gundams to difuse international affairs across Gaki. :D

Deathcore, that looks like a Yu-Gi-Oh! fic that I would actually bother reading. Go for it!

I also had a story in mind. A fantasy one, to be exact.

The details are a bit iffy, but the main conflict is this: A non-human, living in one of the human nations, commits a crime of some sort. He is to be brought to justice, but he requests to instead be sent to his homelands where his own people can take care of him. His wishes are accepted and he is to be escorted to his homelands by a knight and his companion(s). However, during the journey war breaks out between the human nation and the prisoner's people, and stuff starts to happen.

Of course there will be more to the story than this, I just wanted to get your opinions on this first.

Well, I seriously hate to interupt people when they're speaking, so apologizes.

Well if anything, I am proud to admit that my fan-fic is rather successful, and I would just like to thank the fellow readers for being an audience, but I'm facing a real crisses. The way my fan-fic is setup, is that it doesn't follow a set character or plot. It's just a series of Journal Entries written by various people within the Kingdom Hearts universe, and if anything, after a while, I really want people to get invloved with the story itself. Like get the poeple to actually interact with the story itself. unfortunately, the only real idea I have is just having people come up with songs that can best describe each Entry.

So any thoughts.

Deathcore, that looks like a Yu-Gi-Oh! fic that I would actually bother reading. Go for it!

I also had a story in mind. A fantasy one, to be exact.

The details are a bit iffy, but the main conflict is this: A non-human, living in one of the human nations, commits a crime of some sort. He is to be brought to justice, but he requests to instead be sent to his homelands where his own people can take care of him. His wishes are accepted and he is to be escorted to his homelands by a knight and his companion(s). However, during the journey war breaks out between the human nation and the prisoner's people, and stuff starts to happen.

Of course there will be more to the story than this, I just wanted to get your opinions on this first.

Thank you. I haven't started writing it yet because I'm still developing the characters and arranging their decks. Hopefully, I can start it off soon.

For your story, I love fantasy and the like and this one seems interesting. I really can't much, but I would defiantly read it. Good luck with it. If you do start it, you have a follower in me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PikaPerson01

Sorry to be so damn late, and possibly miss my chance to weigh in buuut...

The medical couple, Mr. and Mrs. Burns

mr-burns-picture.jpg

... Not to say you can't use a last name like that. (I'm told the last name I chose for one of my characters is the name of someone from NCIS, but since she's refered to more by her first it's... not so bad.)

Just if you call 'em Mr. Burns... yeah, I'm gonna be thinking of Burns from The Simpsons.

On a completely unrelated note, here's a revised idea:

Like many girls her age, Jupiter was once a little baby. She was found abandoned in the alleyway in town square etc etc of Zelus. Mr. Burns and Mr. Smithers Mrs. Burns took her in because... well, somebody had to. Or maybe she was slightly older, 4 years or something, and she can't really describe what happened to her when she was a kid, but she does know her name is Jupiter. IDK.

Makes much more sense as to how Marcus and Miranda would be reluctant to let her go on her merry way, since they've been friends for so long.

So, now she's 16 and she meets Prophecy and he tells her she is destined for something much greater. Rather then "AMNESIA!!!" she learns what she should have known along the way had she stayed with prophecy.

There may be some slight problems if you do this, the most obvious would be that Jupiter's memories greatly affect her character and such. Buuut... unless her memories are VERY contrary to what we know about her I don't see it as a problem. Like, if Jupiter killed over 9000 people, and is presented to us as a sweet nice girl so a good portion is her trying to wangst about it for a while, I suppose that could provide for some good drama, but it could still work in the way above. Jupiter killed over 9000 as the Syn Protector of something, and we're told she does this and then she wangsts about it. Or, Jupiter is the same girl we met at the beginning, gets intense and loses herself for a split second and kills over 9000 people with her Syn Protector powers, and the wangstes about it for the rest of the chapter.

... IDK, the whole "amnesia!" angle is so cliched in my opinion. Granted, so is the "abandoned kid who's destined for greatness" thing but... meh.

... Just my $0.02 on the whole thing.

Guest PikaPerson01

And now for a more "light hearted" story idea. (Though I think it would work better as a stage play or something.)

Basically, some random guy reads in the paper (or Craigslist or something, IDK) that there are these guys testing out a time machine. All they need is a live test subject.

He shows up, and the people are, needless to say, idiots. Err... probably not the best choice of words. Eccentric, I guess? They honestly and earnestly believe they are doing fancy sciencey stuff, or at least it appears that's what they're doing. Protagonist is hesitant to continue but shrugs, figuring it might be worth the laugh. They lead him to a cardboard box labeled "Time Machine" and such. (As it is also a cheap stage play, the fact that it is poorly designed and such isn't a "willful suspension of disbelief". It really does look that crappy.)

Dude goes into the box, hears some shuffling, then opens the box. All the scientists now appear to be exactly the same, except wearing different clothing, implying very heavily (but not subtly) that they're the grandparents of the scientists from scene 1. (Hence why it'd be good to do it as a play. They'd be the same exact people from the first scene, except wearing mustaches or wearing hats or different clothes or something.) They also swear it's the year 1876 or something, IDK.

Basically, it's very character driven, and the scientists troll the random guy until... I guess... he goes back into the time machine and goes to the "present". The play ends with an... uncertainty as to whether or not the guy really went back in time or if it was just the scientists trolling him because they're idiot weirdos.

And... yeah. o_0

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I wanna write a fanfic about something esoteric (i.e., doesn't get enough love). Wondering which one:

1) A rewrite of the Oz series and apocrypha so it all fits into one continuity.

Do not underestimate the difficulty of this feat: the Oz continuity is harder to unravel than the Legend of Zelda continuity. Zelda can be strung together without overriding anything said in the games. Oz cannot by any means. I'd have to reconcile The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Wizard of Oz, and Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West... in the first installment.

On the bright side, I get to write a lot of yuri. :D

2) 14 Juicy WITH MECHA.

On the downside, whoever's heard of 14 Juicy? On the upside, moar yuri! (I don't know why I like that girl from the love-letter chapter so much, but I do... :/)

3) Shin'ichi Akiyama ON TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND.

On the upside, this requires the least effort of the three stories -- it's much easier to develop a complex plan than to develop a complex plot. No one ever writes original-flavour Liar Game fiction, either. And Alejandro's revenge will be so much fun... if I get there: on the downside, it'll be hard for me to keep writing, and there's no yuri. (The two are actually unrelated, believe it or not.)

Archived