Worldwide Duel [Rose Duel Week has Started!, Always accepting new Duelists]

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

With YCM being the way it is; I figured this is to be the perfect time to Implement the Worldwide Duel- A YGO Custom Card Game designed by you for you. But it rewards active duelists far more so we encourage you to keep on Dueling, keep on having fun and keep on creating. This is your game, don't ruin it by not being there!

In this Worldwide Duel, you will all be separated by your Duelist Type. You will have your Judges (leaders), and your players. You will gain rewards and achievements (made possible by the new Signature System on YCM). So what'll it be? Will you be a Street Duelist and build your own? Or will you be a City Duelist and test your wits?

Files you WILL Need (they will be updated upon each rotation)

Worldwide Duel V3 - Rose Duel Edition

Please add your Duelist Type in your Title/Signature in Some Manner. Here are a couple Images if you wish to use them.

2ainh5l.png34qtwzq.png

So listen up;

• City Duelists: You will be using Premade Decks that will change once every week. You're a vital asset to the World, as your decks help dictate what cards are added from the TCG/OCG into the world.
  • Street Duelists: You're another vital aspect to the World, as you can freely make your own decks out of the cards currently in the World and are not limited by preset decks. You'll be testing out most of the new cards and showing people what you're made of.
  • Do not ask to be a Judge, do not ask what their job is. If you are deemed worthy to become one, you will be asked by me directly or a Judge that has already become one. However, I will tell you that they ARE required to Duel more than anything, and there can be only 4 Judges at one time.

And did I mention achievements? I'm sure I did. You'll gain special icons in your Signature or Profile that show people just how dedicated to the World you are. Such as;

• Dueling more than 10 times.
  • Submitting a 10 card set where 5 cards or more are added.
  • Winning a Duel with a Special Win Condition.
  • Defeating one of your Judges in a special JUDGE DUEL!
  • Submitting a certain kind of card after dueling and it being added.
  • 2 Systems of Duel that will be added if everyone is active.
  • And many more!

Card Submission Rates

• Every City Duelist will duel Twice and be able to Submit 1 Card.
  • Every Street Duelist will duel 3 times and be able to Submit 1 Card.
  • During Special Weeks (which is brought on by activity), each Duelist Type will be able to Duel once and be able to Submit 1 or 2 cards. However, during those weeks- Set Submissions will be disabled.

This is a TEAM EFFORT, your various Duels and participation in discussion will shape this World. And vast awards and treasures await you to find. And I am aware that there will be an Unofficial Card Pool for Playtests, but I beg of you all to not use those as they are not valid in anything but Free Duels.

Time in between the various submissions is subject to change, as is all Time based things in this World.

I'll make all the appropriate threads including Duel Submission (all duels must be logged or confirmed by your opponent); as well as the Duel to Card Submission Ratio and other things. So talk amongst yourselves on your Opinion of this Worldwide Duel.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;3 Well you know I love the idea! Of course I'm interested in knowing a bit more about the Judges but not being able to know increases curiosity and suspense so it's keeping me locked ^^.

It definitely sounds interesting and I'd love to see it played out and in action! I'd be a city duelist, see what decks you give me and I'll make them work ^^.

Very intriguing, but where will the duels be held and how will we be logging them?

(I'm all for it! It sound fun ^^)

Guest JoshIcy

Duels will be held on YVD, using a custom .SET file (I will .RAR and .ZIP all YVD changes). And the duels will be logged inside a Special Thread that I will make later, once everyone signs up for their Duelist Type.

I'm glad you like it ^^. Its been planned for over 2 months now.

Guest Cursed Reaction

Sounds good. When we start this, can you change between city and street duelists. So as a city duelist, you gain no advantages but you practically test the meta. Have you even any slight idea for a Duel to Submission ratio yet?

Guest JoshIcy

I actually quite like this idea, though CCGs are very common nowadays and this doesn't seem very original. Cynical cash-in, much?

Not really, development for this idea has been in the works since even before -Griffin's first CCG (the one that started it all on YCM). My design was far different, being in that its for EVERYONE. Kids, Professional Duelists, CardMakers and Anime Fans. With a few main components. Again, with the new forum change and different forum systems; it seemed to be the perfect time to release it.

@Lae: Thanks ^^

Guest JoshIcy

@Laevatein: They do have a boost. They have the lowest Custom Card to Duel Submission Rate, whereas Street Duelists have much higher.

Guest Cursed Reaction

So let's see:

City Duelists

+Lower Duel to Card Submission Rate

+Tests the meta and general game

-No choice of decks; plays only with presets.

Street Duelists

+Full freedom over deck choosing

+Get to check out the newest of the cards

-Higher Duel to Card Submission Rate

Seems that Street duelists in general have greater advantages.

Guest Cursed Reaction

In order to submit new cards, you have to duel a certain amount of times. Say, for every two duels you do, you can submit a card. Things like that.

From what I can recall in discussing this with Icy:

So let's see:

City Duelists

+Lower Duel to Card Submission Rate

+Tests the meta and general game

-No choice of decks; plays only with presets.

Street Duelists

+Full freedom over deck choosing

+Get to check out the newest of the cards

-Higher Duel to Card Submission Rate

Seems that Street duelists in general have greater advantages.

The City Duelists also get to use TCG/OCG cards before they are added to the 'main card pool', while they're just being generally tested, so that's a little thing to help them.

This is going to be so much fun :3.How are we going to duel? YVD I presume?

Yep, YVD

In order to submit new cards, you have to duel a certain amount of times. Say, for every two duels you do, you can submit a card. Things like that.

Exactly that. I think it was 2 or 4 duels to a card, depending on your duelist type, although that might be tweaked.

Guest JoshIcy

Thanks Griffin for clearing things up. As for the Duel to Card Submission Rate it's as follows:

• Every City Duelist will duel Twice and be able to Submit 1 Card.
  • Every Street Duelist will duel 3 times and be able to Submit 1 Card.
  • During Special Weeks (which is brought on by activity), each Duelist Type will be able to Duel once and be able to Submit 1 or 2 cards. However, during those weeks- Set Submissions will be disabled.

Set Submission is as follows:

• A set is a series of Submissions of 10 or more cards. Each person may submit 1 Set per 2 weeks. They must pertain to each other or a general theme amongst them.
  • Due to a Set submission being so many cards, your cards may or may not be accepted whole (it may be just 1 card); and you cannot submit another set even if all your cards are denied. City Duelists may revoke a decision with playtests. Street Duelists may not, but they can influence the decision of City Duelists through direct Duel examples.

This is a TEAM EFFORT, your various Duels and participation in discussion will shape this World. And vast awards and treasures await you to find. And I am aware that there will be an Unofficial Card Pool for Playtests, but I beg of you all to not use those as they are not valid in anything but Free Duels.

Time in between the various submissions is subject to change, as is all Time based things in this World.

Archived