Worldwide Duel [Rose Duel Week has Started!, Always accepting new Duelists]

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

So let's see:

City Duelists

+Lower Duel to Card Submission Rate

+Tests the meta and general game

-No choice of decks; plays only with presets.

Street Duelists

+Full freedom over deck choosing

+Get to check out the newest of the cards

-Higher Duel to Card Submission Rate

Seems that Street duelists in general have greater advantages.

I want to clarify this. If there IS a shortage of City Duelists, the World will be smaller overall and players will suffer as a result. City Duelists get to call a bit more shots, since they are taking on the Street Duelists or others to playtest.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Griffin for clearing things up. As for the Duel to Card Submission Rate it's as follows:

• Every City Duelist will duel Twice and be able to Submit 1 Card.
  • Every Street Duelist will duel 3 times and be able to Submit 1 Card.
  • During Special Weeks (which is brought on by activity), each Duelist Type will be able to Duel once and be able to Submit 1 or 2 cards. However, during those weeks- Set Submissions will be disabled.

Set Submission is as follows:

• A set is a series of Submissions of 10 or more cards. Each person may submit 1 Set per 2 weeks. They must pertain to each other or a general theme amongst them.
  • Due to a Set submission being so many cards, your cards may or may not be accepted whole (it may be just 1 card); and you cannot submit another set even if all your cards are denied. City Duelists may revoke a decision with playtests. Street Duelists may not, but they can influence the decision of City Duelists through direct Duel examples.

This is a TEAM EFFORT, your various Duels and participation in discussion will shape this World. And vast awards and treasures await you to find. And I am aware that there will be an Unofficial Card Pool for Playtests, but I beg of you all to not use those as they are not valid in anything but Free Duels.

Time in between the various submissions is subject to change, as is all Time based things in this World.

So if I submit a set with say, 27 cards, theres a possibility all of them will get accepted, or that only a few would be accepted?

And for every 3 Duels a Street Duelist does, they get to submit 1 card, correct?

Any chance you can go more in-depth (if possible) with the things I have put in bold? Thank you.

Guest JoshIcy

During Special Weeks (which is brought on by activity), each Duelist Type will be able to Duel once and be able to Submit 1 or 2 cards. However, during those weeks- Set Submissions will be disabled.

I mentioned in the first post that there will be Special Systems added. This is much like the same idea, as they are rewarded based on how often people duel.

City Duelists may revoke a decision with playtests. Street Duelists may not, but they can influence the decision of City Duelists through direct Duel examples.

As in, due to how City Duelists basically help choose what TCG/OCG cards get added to the World (they use preset decks that cycle per week). They also have the added benefit of understanding the difference between the different levels of gameplay as a result because they directly look at it by design.

Your various Duels and participation in discussion will shape this World. And vast awards and treasures await you to find. And I am aware that there will be an Unofficial Card Pool for Playtests, but I beg of you all to not use those as they are not valid in anything but Free Duels.

Telling you that, your activity in this is absolutely needed and people will not be rewarded just doing nothing.

To the other question(s), yes.

Guest JoshIcy
Yes you still can lol.
And as for YVD http://www.xerocreative.com/?goto=downloads
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=What+is+YVD%3F&aq=f

Sorry Josh, but that's not actually a Mac version - It's a version for Windows Emulators, iirc, so still might not work. Those with a Mac will need a Windows emulator to play.

I may sound like a newb, but I have a few questions.So only cards in the real world, or cards people have made also?What is YVD?

To begin with, mostly/only real-world cards, but people can submit their own cards that get added as the game goes on. YVD was asked about and linked two a few posts above yours.

Sounds Phenomenal, Love to be able to get some of my cards into this, for a better chance I'd pick City, but since I know I'll be dueling so much I'd rather just be a Street Duelist. Are you saying that even sets can get a chance into this, because if so I'd want to enter one of my sets. What are the restrictions to getting sets added, my set will have less than 30 cards likely. That might be alot...

Guest JoshIcy

Sets are sorta hand-picked to be chosen to be added. So yeah... You can submit 30 cards and have only 3 added. Its really a gamble, so make sure your cards fit and are balanced.

1] PMs, MSN, whatever way you can

2] Probably, but it shouldn't be needed much with our selective adding

3] See below:

Important Notice on Playing the WWD and Week 1 City Duelist Info

Alright guys. Since not all TCG cards are in, it could be a nightmare to get everyone with the right .set file, and get the .dek files to the City Duelists constantly. To stop this being a problem, I'll upload four files every week.

I'll upload a:

* Two .zip files, which is probably the best to get. - They contain a full YVD folder ready to play with the week's 6 .dek files for City Duelists, an archive of old .dek files for fun, and the custom .set file. One has images, the other does not.

* One .set file - this will be for people who don't want to download the other stuff every week. Some people might get technical problems, but it's quicker.

* One .zip containing the week's .dek files, for City Duelists who don't want the full .zip files.

Week 1 City Duelist Info

For the first week, City Duelists can choose from the below Decks. Beside each is the cards in the Deck that Street Duelists cannot use yet.

Ultimate Insect - Armored Bee, Lair Wire

Dark Scorpion - Don Zaloog, Burden of the Mighty, Goyo Guardian

Umi - Deep Sea Diva, Moray of Greed, Brioniac Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Volcanics - Volanic Rocket, Dimensional Prison

Ancient Gears - Geartown, Machina's Fortress

Spell Counters - Breaker the Magical Warrior, Book of Moon, Arcanite Magician

Archived