Worldwide Duel [Rose Duel Week has Started!, Always accepting new Duelists]

Icy

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cursed Reaction

Yeah, it has it's own advantages but a lot of people would rather be Street Duelists, most likely. I'm guessing after about 20 people join, it'll look a bit like 8 City, 12 Street.

When you say they get to use cards Street duelists can't, what do you mean?

Guest JoshIcy

I just finished 21 cards in it, a lot more to go. World Terminal 1 is huge and the formatting for coding in the cards annoying. I have the rest of the files however. Just give it time. And my Wireless Came back so Ima be playing on PSN too xD

I would like to join as a Street Duelist :P

I also submitted cards in the submission thread.

I should've asked this question beforehand, but do we have to make cards so Balanced/UP or can they have a tad bit of power, because I just submitted 15, seemingly Under Powered cards.

Thanks in advance!

How do you get that icon into your Sig

(Sorry for double post)

Guest JoshIcy

All problems have been solved. First post has been updated with all Downloads, including some Clarification. Expect the Single Card Submission/Duel Confirmation Thread to open. All added cards can be found under "WT1" or World Terminal 1.

And I'll be on MSN/YCM for some time if any of you wish to Duel. I'll be sitting in as a City Duelist.

To make the new cards available, (as of the ways I know) you go to your program files and search for the YVD program, then either replace the files with the ones provided or create a second folder and name it YCM or something, run the application from the new folder.

Bold is the only part I don't understand xP So just run YVD as normal after replacing or making a second folder?

Alright, here's a step-by-step on getting everything to work:

1)

Download the Full Set File, also linked to in the first post. Extract everything in the .zip folder to somewhere you can find it easily, like the desktop.

2)

Open the folder, run the executable file in there.

3)

If you're a City Duelist, click "Load Deck" and pick a Deck from the Decks folder

If you're s Street Duelist, make your own and save it.

4)

Find someone willing to duel you. You can do this in a PM, over MSN/YIM/AIM, on an IRC channel, or any other way you want, but don't ask in this thread, because you might have to go back and forth when connecting a lot.

5)

Click the 'Duel' Button in YVD. - Quite a few people get the following bit wrong, do it very carefully - Do not do anything I don't say on the duel screen before you're connected, or it won't let you connect.

6) - Connecting in a duel

a) Decide which player will be the host. This doesn't change anything, but it must be decided.

b) Both players click the 'Connect' button.

c) From the drop-down menu, one player select "Server Duel - I'm going to be the host". The other player selects "Server Duel - I'm going to be the client."

d) You'll be asked to log in. If you type in a name that isn't registered yet, it'll make a new account with the password you type in, so you register here too.

e) Type your opponent's name into the box only after both players have finished step d) and connected - then click connect. I don't think it matters which player presses it first, but I tend to make sure the host does, just in case.

Hopefully, that helps.

As an additional note to Griffin's thorough directions, if you already have YVD on your computer, you can simply click the second link ".SET and .DEK Files" instead. Unzip the file to some place you can find it again, then open wherever you have the YVD files saved. Simply move the Decks folder to the YVD folder, clicking Yes if it asks you to replace (some newer operating systems have a "Merge" option, you can choose that, too). Now, you should look in the YVD folder for yvd.set and rename it to something like "yvd-backup.set". This is so you have the normal TCG set file if you want to duel outside of this project. Then, copy the yvd.set file from the unzipped folder into your YVD folder. Simply run the program as normal, and presto! the custom set should appear, including the premade decks.

From here, follow Griffin's directions starting at #3.

Archived