ALD - YCM Revolutionary Artists (accepting people)

Sleepy

[quote name='Fuzzie' timestamp='1307469008' post='5263919']
So that's it? You're giving up? You're leaving? I see. If there were ever a time to reveal true colors, it is upon us.

If you want to leave, then fine. I've been fighting to keep the club alive for awhile now, and I keep hearing the excuse "I don't have the time," and that that is why every single member only posts here when they have nothing else to do. The only reason any of you would want to "lay the club to rest" is because you don't want to feel as if you have the responsibility of checking up on it. I know this because I have felt the same for the past year, but the difference between us is that I have kept on fighting; taking suggestions and incoperated ideas to form the club and keep it living. But no one does anything with them, or actually put any effort into these projects, let alone think of their own.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I am truley the only on doing the work anymore. Maybe if you hadn't refused to let me recreated the thread, sleepy, I could have done more for us as far as our page on YCM goes. But you felt you were "managing it well," and that I could just "tell you what I wanted." The time lapse between what I say and what you do was something I knew was going to be inefficient from the start, but you wouldn't listen. No one would listen, no one would care. Everyone left. One by one, we died. One by one, we dissappeared.

Though, I would like to think this would be good for me, I tried to keep it from happening. Now I can move on with my life instead of trying to accomplish something that I couldn't: getting people to care about something they got bored of long ago. So if I'm the only one that cares any more, then fine. So be it. Let us be dead. Let us die. It is finished. The ALD is dead. Long live the memory of the ALD.

If you want to keep it alive, then do it on your own. I'm not hand feeding any of you anymore. The truth is, I'd never give up on this club, and I never will. I'm just smart enough to know when a lost cause has hit me in the face and jabbed me in the stomach more than once, and I've had enough. This is the final uppercut I will recieve without fighting back.

Yours in memory,

Fuzzie.
[/quote]

Yes I'm giving up. After reading what you said, I guess I've always been pretty useless for you eh?
No one ever came back. No one new ever seriously came to enroll. We never gave-off enough inspiration for new members to want to join. No member ever finished any work for any contest or club activity. Out of the 3 people we are, none of us really draw that often anymore.
Unlike some other members that left, I want to keep friendship and contact with you so don't sign it as if you were dead, although after reading I guess that's up to you.

Saying you are the only one that cares is a big fat lie. I just never wanted to sound too serious for the sake of possible newcomers wanting a place to simply enjoy themselves, which proved to not exist. I didn't want to sound that way even now, but since its you, to tell you the truth I'm more depressed than anything about the matter. Despite being something over the internet.
You said it right, everyone only comes when they have nothing better to do. Where were you too all this week too?
As for you doing the only one to work. I thank you for the site, but other than that you haven't done much more than any of us.
You can start again too. I'm doing what you wanted me to from the beginning. Give you the thread. Even though you never actually gave me any order for update, so you can't really complain about me not doing it. Also, I updated a lot more often than you on the first post of the first club. ¬_¬

If the club ever had a [i]good time[/i] was when it was being founded. Then we had spam season. Members-hating-each-other season Nikkiboy vs that guy with the Bob Marley pic. NickLD vs ARCEUS vs Xing, and a lot of other members trying to create peace or ignoring). The leader-less season came somewhere in the middle.
Then we came into the season where everyone started leaving. Then this fake-recovery thread with less than 5 members and we've been like this for a year.
I will be in a journey now. Nevertheless, I wish for the day when we can be together in a prospering club again~

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='sleepy' timestamp='1307492763' post='5265410']
Yes I'm giving up. After reading what you said, I guess I've always been pretty useless for you eh?
No one ever came back. No one new ever seriously came to enroll. We never gave-off enough inspiration for new members to want to join. No member ever finished any work for any contest or club activity. Out of the 3 people we are, none of us really draw that often anymore.
Unlike some other members that left, I want to keep friendship and contact with you so don't sign it as if you were dead, although after reading I guess that's up to you.

Saying you are the only one that cares is a big fat lie. I just never wanted to sound too serious for the sake of possible newcomers wanting a place to simply enjoy themselves, which proved to not exist. I didn't want to sound that way even now, but since its you, to tell you the truth I'm more depressed than anything about the matter. Despite being something over the internet.
You said it right, everyone only comes when they have nothing better to do. Where were you too all this week too?
As for you doing the only one to work. I thank you for the site, but other than that you haven't done much more than any of us.
You can start again too. I'm doing what you wanted me to from the beginning. Give you the thread. Even though you never actually gave me any order for update, so you can't really complain about me not doing it. Also, I updated a lot more often than you on the first post of the first club. ¬_¬

If the club ever had a [i]good time[/i] was when it was being founded. Then we had spam season. Members-hating-each-other season Nikkiboy vs that guy with the Bob Marley pic. NickLD vs ARCEUS vs Xing, and a lot of other members trying to create peace or ignoring). The leader-less season came somewhere in the middle.
Then we came into the season where everyone started leaving. Then this fake-recovery thread with less than 5 members and we've been like this for a year.
I will be in a journey now. Nevertheless, I wish for the day when we can be together in a prospering club again~
[/quote]

I know that you cared, but was it not worth fighting for? With the way you said we should lay the club to rest, it sounded as if you wanted to cut part of you loose that bored and held you back. If there were anyone else to care about the club as much as I did, it would be you, sleepy, but between two posts you seemed to decide the club was useless, or at least from my perspective.

Where was I all this week? Here, and out at work.

You don't want to sound to serious? If there is a problem at hand, being too serious is the least of concerns.

As far as what I did besides the site? I tried starting multiple contests and events, such as Cards for Japan. I tried getting discussions going on that site, and this one. I tried getting the ALD Manga going, with everyone working on their decks, including me working on mine.

Forgive me, as I was mistaken. I did not think there was anyone left who wished to fight to keep us alive, but if you are, we can try one more time. I'd like, wouldn't you?

My suggestion is no permanent dismissal but not immediate recovery/restart either. No one is really doing anything anyways.
Also, I'd rather see you back in the first post instead of me (its not my club after all). So this place itself has to shut down for sure.
From my point of view, immediately starting again is just the same as continuing as we are in another place. Which is what we did in here. Somehow I feel its not refreshing enough to attract new people and truly start again.
I don't want us to keep coming here just because we "have to" and I don't want us to start club thread again just because "have to". If this place could casually start again somewhere later in the future I think it would be better.

I want to go back to how stuff was back when I joined YCM. We'll be freely moving through the site and working on whatever we want. It is also the way we casually found our true group the first time. We are really in an enclosed space right now. To tell the truth it is kind of forced too.

After I finish talking about this with you I swear that I won't come back to Clubs section until Christmas (at least), and I mean swear.

Saikano must be thinking I'm a drama queen right now lol ;_; (he is the only other person that might be reading this)

By the way, the other drawing-related club is long dead ever since mid-March. It is at page 3 or 4.

0_o!
This thread is full of drama.
Right now, no one is enjoying this, thus taking the purpose of this place. I suppose it's time to let this place die. Not the club, but just the thread. The club will be in a pause for some time. Later, when we feel ready to try again, we will do it rested and in a new thread without all those bad-vibe posts.

[quote name='Saikano' timestamp='1307667252' post='5270527']
0_o!
This thread is full of drama.
Right now, no one is enjoying this, thus taking the purpose of this place. I suppose it's time to let this place die. Not the club, but just the thread. The club will be in a pause for some time. Later, when we feel ready to try again, we will do it rested and in a new thread without all those bad-vibe posts.
[/quote]

^THIS, THIS!
Saikano, you deserve a +REP from me for putting into words something I failed to say.
Your message is just what I intended ;_;
except that my aim was to prevent the drama rather than trigger it.

~court dismissed~

Thought that i might post even though, apparently nobody is going to be looking at this thread anymore -_-

Wow lots of drama, well heres my input:

The ALD is a club of friends, like us, at least i think were all friends, and we shouldnt just close it down like this. Yes the club has had an extensive amount of inactivity but that doesnt mean were over. I believe that this club is more of a summer thing, because all of our activity usually happens during the summer, other than the summer were unactive except for certain occasions were we post randomly. So i promise to more active, lets start the club back agian, its summer, we have more time, we draw more, more time on the computer, nobody is usually that busy, its perfect. Well at least i think so. Sound good?

hopefully someone comments back

I apologize for being absent. My sister broke her collar bone, which has kept me away from the computer.

In that time, I did some thinking.

My first intention with what I posted was to rile up members, and get them to possibly become more dedicated and post more often, as the fact that we do not have enough members is our main problem. That dedication might have been brought about by anger, but nonetheless, I had no more options, or at least it felt this way. I apologize for the rather dramatic postings/name calling/anything else offensive that was a part of an attempt to do this.

What you had been suggesting is a good idea, but I had wanted to save it as a last resort, because if old members came back to find this thread, it might not be here. If a thread is inactive to long on this site, it gets taken down, I've noticed. But I see now there is no other way. We can continue to communicate on Deviant Art and post our art there, and if we finish any cards we can post them to the HQ/storage area here: http://yugiohald.createmybb3.com/

Thank you all for your dedication, loyalty, and most importantly your friendship. It is your hard work, not mine, that made this club all that it could be. And, who knows? Maybe we'll be around long enough to make it something great again.

If any of you would like to continue to use this thread for conversation, then please feel welcome. As of now we are no longer a serious club (namely with an agenda), but for fun. That's the way it should be, isn't it? I feel at times I stressed you all too much trying to get projects done. Ir probably did. Sometimes it was needed, but I admit I could get a bit overzealous.

Anyways (no post would be mine if I did not include an anyways, as I do this way too often ^_^"), do not feel pressured to drop by here every day. Just be sure to visit every once in a while. ^_^

Here's to are futures, whatever they may be. :)

Archived