Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*blink blink* You were thinking...that someone could use the OCG Machine Emperors...against the people who use the anime Machine Emperors?

I don't think that would work, not to mention the logic headache it might cause, explaining how Skiel, Wisel, and Grannel ended up as single cards vastly inferior to the style of Skiel, Wisel, or Grannel in five monster form.

Username: TheFinalFan
RP Name: Currently has no name other than "Number 91". Would love to be named.
Bio: Number 91 is an incredibly sophisticated Dueling Robot, capable of camouflage herself in any number of disguises. She is a modification on a tried-and-true model of Dueling Robot dating back to the original emergence of the Machine Emperors, combined with the additional modifications of an old cyborg friend of her creator, Doctor Padora. She is also good at learning, and learning rapidly, allowing her to quickly adapting to stuations, but she currently has no emotions. Her mission is to stop Yliaster from winning, and she will do anything in her power to do so. She does not know why she must, but she knows that her master wishes it, therefore she must carry her only purpose.
Personality: Cold and stoic, she is a weapon,and she knows that. She will obey her commander, th However, she may be able to learn emotions.
[spoiler=Appearance]
[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/28sa540.jpg[/IMG]
When she duels, a Duel Disk unfolds from her arm. She can also transform her feet into a pair of rocket-powered skates and create a red visor across her face during Turbo Duels. Her right arm can turn into various weapons and tools.
[/spoiler]
Faction: Neutral, but seems to be closer to the Signers.
Deck Type: Karakuri Deck

Username: TheFinalFan
RP Name: Doctor Xavier Padora
Bio: The enigmatic creator of Number 91. He seems to be an expert in many fields, such as robotics, psychology, quantum physics, and duel physics. However, he refuses to talk of his past, or how old he really is. His goal seems to be stopping Yliaster from taking over the world, and he is willing to assist the Signers in that goal.
[spoiler=Secret]
Doctor Paroda is actually the being that, in another reality, eventually became "Paradox". He was a scientist who worked with the beings that became "ZONE", "Aporia", and "Vizor", until he put himsef into suspended animation. He awoke a few years ago when Yliaster started to re-emerge. Thanks to advanced futuristic technology, he has been healed of his infirmities, and he tried to rebuild his old friend, only to eventually create Number 91, his most advnced robot. He hopes to stop this new generation from repeating history and ruining this bright new future for humanity.
[/spoiler]
Personality: Quirky and odd, he comes off as an old coot, but he merely uses that as a cover. He is actually rather cunning and clever. However, he has good intentions.
[spoiler=Appearance]
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/30jqxqq.jpg[/IMG]
[/spoiler]
Faction: Neutral, but seems to want to get rid of Yliaster.
Deck Type: Scrap Deck

Number 91 image courtesy of YamiSakura88 on deviantART!

Aww, I like knowing what you think are issues, LRZ.

First, let's take a look at Number 2197

- I see you made her immune to history rewrites, with the explanation something along the lines of "operating on a quantum level". Firstly, that's getting into powerplaying territory, and it's rather superfluous since I do not believe such an element will be used in this RP to directly affect characters. It contradicts canon, too.

- There is no explanation for why she specifically opposes Yliaster, or how she is so knowledgeable on them and the Machine Emperors, the latter are returning elements from 2000 years prior and should probably not be known.

- The personality mentions she is a "weapon designed to take on the Machine Emperors and win", which just plain confuses me. It is preceded by the mention of being cold and stoic, and this is in personality, implying she is PERSONALLY supposed to fight Machine Emperor monsters.

- The bio is primarily "she can do", and not much about her history.

Doctor Xavier

- He may refuse to talk about his past, but some insight would be great. Like how he's freaking 2000 years old.

- So another specifically anti-Yliaster person. This could justify 2197's abundant knowledge...but we know nothing about this guy's motives either, or where his information's coming from.

[b]So ultimately, your characters are an old robotic genius and his creation: A female robot that can do stuff (Mischief Makers, yay). They specifically oppose Yliaster. They know way more than the common person, but their pasts and motives are complete mysteries to the point of not existing at all. They are inexplicably in the tournament, but have no known reasons for doing so.

Just for the record, the Dark Signers are the main antagonists of the tournament arc at present, and the Yliaster characters are more behind the scenes.[/b]

Well, for Xavier, how is he alive at such a high age? What connection/relationship does he have with Yliaster that not only gave him the information, but prompted him to devote effort specifically to oppose them? Remove 2197's immunity to history rewriting. How is 2197 meant to oppose Machine Emperors, aside from by using a deck that counters them?

2197 gets more passes on such things because she is a robotic lifeform whose creator is also a character. But then I need more information on the creator. Speaking of which, you said his personality is that of an old coot, but has a sinister side. Is that relevent to his motives or just a trait? If the former, expand a little.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1290102233' post='4793427']
Thank you for drawing my attention. I will now look at your field spell.

EDIT: How is that OPed? It's like Sanctuary in the Sky, but with Token producing.
[/quote]

Producing tokens every Standby and Battle Phase? Doubleing the summoning requirements?

I agree. That is a bit too OP'ed with the double summoning requirements. I wold reccomend eliminating that effect, and dropping it down to a token during each Standby Phase. During the battle phase... That makes it a "I get a token when you decide to attack, and I can still fend off your attacks with card effects." kind of thing. That's just a bit too much.

That card + Dark Door + Spirit Barrier = Only takes effect damage

Throw in a card to prevent Effect Damage, and you'r invincible with only four cards. That should never be true.

It's just how SSD set things. The first duels of the RP were 8000, and when I did a 4000 with someone else (being used to it from another RP), he complained, so I've used 8000 ever since. If you really want, by all means play with 4000 if your opponent's okay with that.

Stratos says "for all other Heroes", so it doesn't count self.

Archived