Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Legendary Reploid Zero' timestamp='1289952717' post='4790098']
I applaud your effort, evilfusion. It must've taken a while to put that together.

Anyways, as I'm sure you noticed, Strata got a new card. Don't worry, when the time comes, you'll see what it is.
[/quote]

heh, heh...
He's not the only one :P
Kirin has one waiting in the wings (though I prefer not to reveal it too soon...)

A fair bit. Bluster Soldier's been restless because of his and your duel being put on standby for a few days.

A number of duels concluded, I suppose the most relevent one being Lily vs Strata.

[spoiler=tournament status]
[u]0 losses[/u]

Lily (D-Signer. evilfusion)
Leuneth (D-Signer, LRZ)
Nikki (D-Signer, Zextra)
Zero (Signer, Trimage)
Kirin (Signer, Zextra)

[u]1 loss[/u]

Strata (Signer, LRZ)
Katsuya (Neutral, 14Henderson)
Rori (Neutral/D-Signer Ally?, King Mew)
Dante (Neutral, GrandRaine)
Seriph (Neutral, GrandRaine)

[u]Eliminated[/u]

No one

[u]Pending[/u]

Akurai (Signer, SSD) vs Kai (Neutral, Bluster Soldier)

[u]Hasn't dueled[/u]

Max (Signer, Supra)- needs to be contacted
Maldito (D-Signer, MrThatUnKewl)
Meko (D-Signer, King Mew)
Rin (D-Signer, Time Psyduck)
Zeta (D-Signer, Merciful)
Gabriel (Yliaster agent, jenofresh)
[/spoiler]

More specifically, an activated card that doesn't remain on the field of its own accord (continuous, monster effect) cannot affect itself. MST can't destroy itself. Double Cyclone can't choose to destroy itself. If Metal Blast could be used for its own cost, it should be worded that it only destroys "1 Metal card", since that's what it amounts to.

Trust me, if it's even close to that gap, I'm permitting the time skip immediately. By sheer coincidence, SSD showed up on time for the deadline I set.

yea I noticed that....thought it was quite strange....also if it is destroy 1 Metal monster then destroy all cards your opponent controls...then that is severly broke :/

If anyone would like to joint he RP i made http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/229028-yu-gi-oh-gx-saga-1-the-dark-dorm-new-yu-gi-oh-gx-style-rp-not-started-accepting-students-teachers/ then feel free to, unless of course you're to tied up with the current rp

also I'm not to big of a fan that his 2 Trap cards aren't with his other cards : http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/227562-the-famous-metal-archtype-always-updating-d/page__p__4757180#entry4757180 which kinda tells me he was looking to create cards and use them that would get him out of the tight spot....

It's still better than when he and LRZ got into a "deck activation" war, where they chained like 5 cards apiece, all from their deck, that did insane things like negate attacks, negate another S/T, couldn't be negated, etc.

I don't actually expect SSD to have updated his Metal set all the time. For one, I'm pretty sure his rule of thumb is "make stuff up on a whim". In this case, probably just go with it, since you know the outcome anyway.

Although if I think about it, that Trap also prevented him from fulfilling Metal Blast's cost, so it should have worked at all...

I try not to think about how his Metal cards work. I'll keep an eye on it anyway, because although he's the owner, those cards have gotten so controversial in the past 3 of his RPs, or...something along those lines.

If you want to see that...

[spoiler=Deck Wars]
[spoiler=SSD's Corner]
[spoiler=Example #1]
As the attack was about to hit Zackori's dragon, another monster appeared and took the hit for his dragon. "[b]Sorry to tell you. But I Special Summon my Dark Target from my deck[/b]. It takes the hit for my dragon and cannot be destroyed by battle once per turn. Nice try. But your dragon will soon be within mine." Zackori explained "(There's gotta be some way to Synchro Summon Plasma Dragon. Just need to think.... think.... think......!!! Black Level Dragon! I've gotta find a way to get it out! Wait! There's INFERNITY Summoning Dragon! [b]I can Special Summon it from my deck with no cards in my hand![/b])" Zackori thought with a smirk "I Special Summon Infernity Summoning Dragon from my deck!" [ATK: 0] "I can do this with no cards in my hand!" Zackori stated "Now I activate its other effect! I sacrifice him to Special Summon Black Level Dragon from my deck! NOW I activate the effect of my Black Level Dragon! I sacrifice it to decrease the level of my Red-Eyes Pitch Dark Metal Dragon by one!" [LV: 9 -> 8] "Now I tune my Dark Target to my Red-Eyes Pitch Black Metal Dragon! This is the end! I Synchro Summon! Plasma Dragon!" [ATK: 3050] "Now! I activate his effect! He'll absorb YOUR dragon!" Zackori declared as the mouth in the middle sucked up Zero's dragon [ATK: I don't know XD] "I end my turn!"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Example #2]
"[b]Monsters aren't the only effects I can activate from my deck.[/b]" Zackori stated "[b]The Infernity Blocker is a Spell Card that I can activate ONLY from my deck[/b]. Let's remove my final two Speed Counters and use its effect!" Zackori declared as a giant portal appeared and took the attacks and ended the Battle Phase "(I need to draw the right card. Just one more card and I can win this!)" Zackori thought.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Example #3]
"[b]I knew you'd do that! That's why I have this deck! Just for chains like that! I activate the effect of Monster Corrupter in my deck![/b] This effect can only be activated from my deck with a chain link of two or higher. The card effects still go through. But I gain control of one monster in your extra deck! And I choose your Five-Headed Dragon!" Zackori declared as the two hands of the strange machine went over to Zero's Duel Runner and took the Five-Headed Dragon from his Extra Deck and appeared on Zackori's side of the field. Zackori sent Monster Corrupter to the graveyard "(Too bad he doesn't know of it's other effect. I made sure the second effect is completely invisible to any Duel Runner except for mine.)" Zackori thought with a smirk.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=LRZ's Corner]
[spoiler=Example #1]
"You really think that THAT would work on me? I'll show you the True Power of the Dragon-Type! [b]I activate my own card from the Deck! Dragoon Spiritosis![/b] This negates the activation of one of your Spell, Trap, or Monster Effects, and removes it from play! Then, I can add a card of the same type to my hand from my Deck, and I choose this! Speed Fusion! You can't do anything else, so just end your turn!" Zero said, as the hands faded before they could come into contact with Zero's D-Wheel.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

...you actually took the time to find those posts, Zextra?

And it does prove I was exaggerating a little. That was still 4 deck activations in one duel in one RP. Needless to say, some people were not pleased and I'm fairly certain I went on a rant about how cards activating from the deck completely goes against the spirit of the game. You know, because it removes the whole "draw the card before you can use it" idea that card games tend to focus on.

Thankfully, that hasn't happened much in this RP. Only one instance, very minor, and I clapped down on it immediately.

Username:Dialga501
RP Name:Cassandra Atlas
Bio:Descendent of Carly & Jack Atlas.Has dueling skills of Jack.She always dueled in her school as a kid.She was the best in the school.She lived with her parents Jack & Carly until the Yiliaster appeared & separeted them.
Personality:nice but can get determined when dueling.
Appearance:About "5,7".She has long blond hair & sky blue eyes.
Faction:Signer Ally
Mark:None
Deck Type: An amazoness deck full of her amazoness warriors.She tries her best to get Amazoness Queen out on the field ASAP

Archived