The Ultimate CCG - TUCCG

tommers2008

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me and Flandre just had a duel. My sea Serpents vs His Furyswarm - I got beat 2-0 and it was pretty bad. You badly need to keep some sort of field advantage against these guys and my serpents (Spirits in case you didn't know) don't do that very well.

I think i was perhaps over cautious when toning down, Spirit Chains and have made it unusable.

Having Prepared in Advance, In case i do win this tournament, I have made my Duelist pack, 11 cards are already released and 9 cards go into the next set, only 5 out of the 25 cards will be new in the duelist pack, which will leave 1 card to make some laughs and giggles to in the next set, Maybe i'll make a Win condition card in the next set.

I really don't want a exodia style card, 4 absolutely useless cards then one mega op'd card. Perhaps a Final Countdown would be better, but if someone makes a interesting Exodia style card in next set i may accept it.

Welcome Seattleite, hope you enjoy it here.

Fladre - Mill might be later, now is no good, Spirit Chains is unusable at the moment, and one of main reasons is most of my spirits effects only activate when they are Summoned or flipped so even with using Chains they just become a effect less Beat-stick, miling 5-8 cards at this stage of are game to get that isn't smart move. Laughs and joke? we do not want joke cards in this game Please tell me what you mean by that. I don't really no about this 5 cards thing what does everyone else think about it, i no that if you win its your 25 cards you can do what you wish, but i don't really no about adding reprints?

Current Winlist(Furyswarm):

Ghost Rare: Cannot Remember

Dogfish: Match Win 2-1*

Tommers: Match Win 2-0

Seattleite: Match Win 2-1**

Skizo: Match Incomplete, 1-1***

*Traded Card and Plot Ideas, Can possibly lead into an Alliance between Archetypes
**Highlighted Banlist Concerns with 1 card
***Loss was from Stupid Self-kill Swarm with lack of Core lol

Also Tommers, it's okay, you can make another card on that concept Next set, Besides, the way you worded it allows it to be a Multi-Foolish Burial

@ The people with the Win Condition Discussion: I was thinking about a "Monster Version of Destiny Board"

Cannot remember, i will refresh your memory lol. I won 2-1. I used Tit 4 Tat to wipe out core and beat you down with high ATK monsters until i could synch for win.

On Spirit Chains it isn't really near a multi Foolish, Foolish lets you select your target Chains doesn't. But i would say that card will become a nightmare in future, i suggest changing it or something?

[quote name='tommers2008' timestamp='1290887494' post='4813922']
I really don't want a exodia style card, 4 absolutely useless cards then one mega op'd card. Perhaps a Final Countdown would be better, but if someone makes a interesting Exodia style card in next set i may accept it.
[/quote]

Define 'Interesting' for me. I want to know what it would entail...

Also, current count up for monsters:

Total Monsters: 142

Aqua: 10
Beast: 3
Beast-Warrior: 2
Dinosaur: 2
Dragon: 6
Fairy: 5
Fiend: 6
Fish: 6
Insect: 7
Machine: 6
Plant: 10
Psychic: 3
Pyro: 6
Rock: 5
Reptile: 1
Spellcaster: 12
Sea Serpent: 9
Thunder: 11
Warrior: 22
Winged Beast: 6
Zombie: 4

Interesting Facts:

Warriors have too many archetypes...
Spellcasters have no distinct archetypes so far, yet have the second highest number of cards.
The 1 reptile is only half reptile (Venomiscus)
Sea-Serpent contains ONLY Sea Guardians.

I'll probably work on some Beasts and Beast-Warriors next set. They need it...

[quote name='Minato Namikaze' timestamp='1290954956' post='4815799']
Name: WereLord
YVD Username: WereLord
Card Making Experience: years
How active will you be: semi-active
Will you duel: every now and agin

By the way I have a Beast-Warrior Archtype
[/quote]
Ignore this sorry me and my Bro use the same computer I tought I was on my account. >_>

same info above

Welcome, hope you have a good time ^_^.

How many cards in that archetype? I'm assumming that you would be able to post 15 at most next set (Unless you enter and win the upcoming tourney, which would give you about 30 cards which you, and only you, make :o).

Also decided that Sea Guardians will be the leading archetype for the main character in the fanfic. Because I can write a great backstory for them.

[quote name='dogfish44' timestamp='1290958363' post='4815919']
Welcome, hope you have a good time ^_^.

How many cards in that archetype? I'm assumming that you would be able to post 15 at most next set (Unless you enter and win the upcoming tourney, which would give you about 30 cards which you, and only you, make :o).

Also decided that Sea Guardians will be the leading archetype for the main character in the fanfic. Because I can write a great backstory for them.
[/quote]

Over all in the Archtype including Supports about 20 cards [includes Synchros spells traps fusions monsters]

Welcome Werelord, hope you enjoy it here and have a good time.

Dogfish if i tell what i mean by interesting won't that just be my idea then? Like i want an interesting win condition card, not something like the TCG has, if i find it interesting it will be accepted but i really don't no if its something the game needs (yet).

Guys before you all go deciding archetypes for next set please wait i think archetypes are going to have a break this set, if winner of Tournament adds 1 from their 25 cards thats fine. But i think 6 is enough for now, we are only 2 sets and an expansion pack in.

Also werelord please make sure any archetype/cards you do add isn't from Leo's ccg that goes for you as well Sea, and by not from it i mean even cards that got kicked from the reset, you can of course take old ideas and refreshen them with new names/effects/stats/types/attributes all or any of these, you no i just don't want this ccg to be copy of another one or a fall back for cards not in another one.

Also dogfish, don't just make cards for sake of making them for beast and beast-warrior because they don't have high numbers yet, because doing that can lead to poor cards in the game, but you didn't leave me down with the vanillas i loved them so i doubt you would leave me down :)

So guys i think now is a good time as any to open the Ban List Discussion, any cards you feel need banning,limiting or to get semi just say so and give valid reason as too why.

I feel 2 cards need changing not listing (Spirit Chains and Truth barrier) what is your take on changing cards effects or do you think we should just ban cards without changing.

On Spirit Chains, in future this card can and will cause problems because of the amount it can mill but it will only be usable in Spirit Decks, i suggest changing to a life point cost, because even if that does make the current Spirits strong they need a card like this for their survival as we get stronger decks, at this point losing 5-8 cards from deck just to maintain field presence is tough and basically unplayable but in future would make spirits worthless, the lifepoint cost would stop this card becoming a mass miller and potentially dangerous in future, and the lifepoint cost wouldn't be great for these cards anyway it could be damaging.

Truth Barrier, returns itself can cause a loop, can be a foolish from hand, destroys monster, ends Battle Phase, Effect can be costless really what was i thinking - i think it should keep 1st effects maybe discard to end Battle Phase??, but return effect is this "You can return this card to your hand, during the End Phase of the turn it is activated, but if you do so your opponent selects 1 card in your hand to destroy" Still a strong card but giving your opponent option of destroying a card can mess up a strategy, be a nuisense, can make you think twice about when you use this card.

Please tell me what you all think of my idea for the changes.

1. the "Random Discard" Could still hit Barrier as Barrier can discard itself for it's last effect, and it was meant to end a battle phase...

How about this for an Idea, Along with a Reveal, 1 Discard to end the battle Phase(Scraping the Destruction), then Return it to the hand and randomly Discard 1 card?

However, since the card is released the only possible thing to do is Limit it IMO

2. A Sub Archetype is an Archetype that is still capable of Receiving support from another Archetype (I.E. Genex Sub-Archetypes is R-Genex and Genex Ally)

Archived