The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Only just noticed this, really loved the little electronic section, hoping that they utilize the electronics more on the album.

Yooo, I can't remember if I saw this here first or somewhere else but this is my new favorite band right now.

The main riff just makes me want to punch things.  I love it.

You should check out the band Adventures, which is all the same people as Code Orange but it's like an emo band.  Crazy different but still cool. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yooo, I can't remember if I saw this here first or somewhere else but this is my new favorite band right now.

The main riff just makes me want to punch things.  I love it.

You should check out the band Adventures, which is all the same people as Code Orange but it's like an emo band.  Crazy different but still cool. 

Oh hey youre back to posting on here. Thats cool man. Never knew you were a fan of Code Orange too. I dont listen to them a whole lot but they do rip off faces and are worth listening to when youre just in the mood for something thatll punch you in the gut with pure brutality. I actually preferred their debut when they were known as Code Orange Kids (also prefer that name over Code Orange), they had a bit more of a sludgier approach and less breakdown in your face aggressive, but the in your face aggressive stuff is still all good with me.

Think ive heard of Adventures but ive never bothered with them.

Dang, these guys are based two hours away from me and I'd never heard of them until now. I'm really into weird atonal s*** like this so I dig them, don't really think they take full advantage of microtonal aspect of their music that they advertise though. Think they could benefit from using it more, like Jute Gyte. 

yeah, i kinda noticed that besides the intro a bit it didn't seem like they made much use of microtonal stuff. Jute Gyte is good.

Oh hey youre back to posting on here. Thats cool man. Never knew you were a fan of Code Orange too. I dont listen to them a whole lot but they do rip off faces and are worth listening to when youre just in the mood for something thatll punch you in the gut with pure brutality. I actually preferred their debut when they were known as Code Orange Kids (also prefer that name over Code Orange), they had a bit more of a sludgier approach and less breakdown in your face aggressive, but the in your face aggressive stuff is still all good with me.

Think ive heard of Adventures but ive never bothered with them.

This is actually the first song I've heard by them.  I've also heard of Code Orange Kids but I didn't know it was the same band. 

Anyways, I feel like this one of the few bands you can accurately call metalcore as they sounds like a straight up metal+hardcore mashup. 

This is actually the first song I've heard by them.  I've also heard of Code Orange Kids but I didn't know it was the same band. 

Anyways, I feel like this one of the few bands you can accurately call metalcore as they sounds like a straight up metal+hardcore mashup. 

There are actually a lot of great metalcore bands that fit that descriptor. Converge, Knut, Seizures, Botch, Zao, Deadguy, Cult Leader, Breather Resist, Coalesce, Cave In (early), The Secret, The Chariot, Norma Jean, Poison the Well...to name a few worth checking out.  

All of those are great especially Converge, ZAO, The Chariot, Norma Jean, Seizures, and Poison the Well.

Some other good ol Metalcore bands that id add onto the list would be Misery Signals, Will Haven, Eighteen Visions (early), Shai Hulud, Life In Your Way, Underoath, Haste the Day, From Autumn to Ashes, early Architects, Johnny Truant, August Burns Red, Living Sacrifice, Spitfire, Scarlet, Embodyment, Oh Sleeper, Darkest Hour, Inked In Blood, Ion Dissonance, Oathbreaker, Hesitation Wounds, Evergreen Terrace, Training For Utopia, Society's Finest, Car Bomb, and This Runs Through. Not all of them fit the whole Metal + Hardcore descriptor 100% but I thought id still throw them out.

sweet album. He doesn't always do metal, you guys should check out Jonathan Young. He does covers of music from like disney and other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jonathanyoungmusic/videos

Covers aren't really my thing, except on rare occasions. There are a few video game remix albums that I like but I don't find myself listening to them much.

is Animals As Leaders any good?

They're not my thing, but they're crazy skilled musicians and are good if you're into instrumental atmospheric djent-y prog metal. 

Been listening to this a lot lately between Gorguts and Ulcerate. Awesome murky death/doom metal, with twisted songwriting like the other bands I mentioned. 

Animals as Leaders are crazy good musicians and theyre definitely unique (well at least when they were first around) and a cut above most other djent bands but the instrumental thing doesnt sit well with me. The sound is pretty good but the songs themselves become so boring because there really isnt much to it once youve heard one song.

Hell yea, heard that track yesterday. Check their self-titled debut album if you haven't, it's rad.

Also, found this band called Monotheist one of the best Christian death metal bands I have ever heard. Playlist is their first album in full. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhRkQZ8X0g5agzabMO4eUJ1x_wP03VMIS

They released an EP as well though I don't like it Quite as much. Still a great listen. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnc18_oTUe0VLxHKUD3vypBqUV2JT8yXK

Sounds pretty rad, takes a lot of out the Ulcerate and Deathspell Omega playbooks which is not a bad thing to me. I'll give it a full listen soon. 

Absolutely love Boris. This is a pretty unusual album for them and not very metal (though you could say that about a fair amount of their releases) but it's really dreamy and soothing. Love the atmosphere on here, good for night listening. 

Boris and Dir En Grey are two of the greatest bands ever. That Convulsing album rips pretty fucking hard.

More new music

Sounds way better than I Am King already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Ka0YhwegU

Darkest Hour are bringing back the heaviness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msZDL0mOzH0

Oh Sleeper are doing...something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLmLKAyXNCc

Code Orange track sounds rad, looking forward to the album.

Darkest Hour track goes pretty hard thanks to Ballou's production but it's a pretty standard hardcore track. Still interested in the album.

Oh, Sleeper alays makes the most out of their fairly generic sound with the pure vitriol and intensity making up for a lack of originality, and the new track doesn't change that. Would fit right on Endseekers.  

Never have liked anything I've heard by The Unguided lol

Currently jamming some Dir en grey again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XsgM0Hh1ic

Archived