The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest Fire bruh you should check out The Satellite Years while youre at it, its sound is different from Magnetic North but its the best of their albums and an essential Post-Hardcore album imo. A Types is great too which is a bit more similar to Magnetic North.

Also checked that Glassland album a while back it was pretty alright, might give it another listen sometime.

One of the best Screamo bands and the first time that ive given them a try, wish I checked them out earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the tracks for that album posted up by Deathwish a while ago. Love the artwork, gotta love any album with a fox on it.

Ive fallen in love with these guys personally. Im seeing where Cave In got ideas for Antennas.

Rival Schools are gr8

Definitely. I should check their other albums sometime. Have you listened to that Hell Is For Heroes album? Might be up your alley if you dig Rival Schools.

Emanuel are an underrated band, theyre like what the mid 2000s Post-Hardcore shouldve sounded like. First album is good but has some skipable boring soft and slow songs on it but their second album is one of the best of its style and showed off more of the bands potential, shame that they never released a third album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eg-1opzpBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSNS5c2V3-o

I have to check out some of these bands that I haven't heard but now I'm still enjoying Planes Mistaken for Stars, and tonight I'm seeing THURSDAY BOOOOIZ

Supporting them are Touché Amore and Basement.

Thursday and Touche Amore are always favorites especially Thursday. Basement are an okay band if youve never checked them out then Colormeinkindness is their best work.

I checked out some Basement and they sounded cool, except I didn't dig what I heard from the newest one.

Yeah their newest one was definitely weak. I should listen to Colormeinkindness again, last time I listened to it I liked it more than I remembered. Their first album isnt bad but I didnt like it as much. You should listen to Superheaven too theyre in the same sort of ballpark as Basement are.

I'll do that.

Touché Amore is playing now and I think I'm not into them as much as I used to be, not really feeling anything for the set. Hoping I don't feel that way about Thursday but I'm pretty hyped to see them so I doubt that'll be the case.

Archived