~Dragon Ball, the Eternal Journey~ *Best Dragon Ball Gallery on YCM EVER* [UPDATED 10/27/17] (250/250?) PART 1

HulkTySSJ2

[quote name='Spike_The_Dragon' timestamp='1343493993' post='5991037']
This set is awesome! Amazing pics and cards and the addition of a forbidden and limited list is really cool too.
[/quote]
Thanks! Please come again!

[quote name='MachinaGayhem' timestamp='1343501427' post='5991155']
Trap Cards Overview: I like most of the traps.

Energy Push/Keep Away - These 2 are almost the same. However, if i had a choice between the 2, it would have to be Keep Away because i can see myself using this one a lot. Sure I could pay half my Life Points to summon ANY monster from my hand with "Energy Push", but I love the fact i can negate an attack and summon a level 4 or lower monster for free then summon something at losing half my Life Points to summon a monster that might be destroyed or solemn'd/bottomless.

Cards I REALLY like...
Frightening Surprise / Majin Evil Barrier / Snap Out Of It - No doubt i love these 3 cards because they feel so relatable to the anime it's just AWESOME :)

Cards i think could be better...
These cards I would have liked them to be more original but they are just the same as some other cards

Solar Flare - Swords of Revealing Light (This one I think has the potential of being something of it's own)
Continuous Blocking - Scrap Iron Scarecrow (Same as Solar Flare's reason)
Backfire - Solemn Judgment (i don't really have a reason for this one other then it's just solemn with a "Super Saiyan" restriction)
Held Hostage - Fiendish Chain (idk how it could be any different then it's predecessor so this one is the only exception to how similar it is because i wouldn't know how you could make it more original.)

the only one i void from the list of similar cards is "Super Mirror Force' because i've seen some Archetype restriced mirror forces before
(I myself have done the same thing.)

Just a bit of minor OCG changes for some of the others i haven't mentioned but i don't think it matters much. I'll look at some of the monsters very soon
[/quote]
Thanks for the comment.
For all the cards you said were like original yugioh cards, your right. The reason some cards are like that is because as stated in the rules, you cannot combine cards from this gallery with original yugioh cards in your deck.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='hulkty' timestamp='1343619955' post='5992479']
Thanks! Please come again!

Thanks for the comment.
For all the cards you said were like original yugioh cards, your right. The reason some cards are like that is because as stated in the rules, you cannot combine cards from this gallery with original yugioh cards in your deck.
[/quote]I see lol. I just read the rules right now so, hopefully won't make the mistake again

New better pictures for LSSj3 Broly, SSj5 Gohan (very awesome), Perfect Cell, and SSj3 Vegeta coming up soon!
I have another pic for LSSj3 Broly in mind, but I still can't find it.
The SSj3 Vegeta pic doesn't fit with the card frame well, but the pic itself is cool. Maybe it can also be replaced again at some point.

Looking at monsters
Dragonball Monsters

Master Roshi - Maximum Power: In my opinion, I think attacking all monsters is a bit much

Kid Goku: Perfectly Fine (if you are looking for OCG fix, the "While this card is face-up" part should be "This card's name is treated as "Goku" while it is face-up on the field").

Piccolo Jr. : He would be fine if the monster he summoned wasn't able to fetch an easy 2 cards and can special summon himself if destroyed by a card effect every time. I would say make "Piccolo - The Super Namek" draw 1 card and only Special Summon himself once with that effect because it just seems to good to be true to be able to grab something with an effect like that. You'd probably say "It's not so bad because Jr. is weak and will probably get run over easily". That may be true but you can also Normal Summon it first turn and set a back row that gets rid of a monster they summon and send him during standby phase, draw 2, get a 2100 beater and probably get something to push for 4000 pretty fast. (Wow that was a lot to say. I guess my problem was more with Piccolo and not Jr. lol)

Red Ribbon Army - General Blue: He is just fine.

Teen Goku - The World's Strongest: He would be better if his ATK were just a little bit higher. (same as "Goku". Just a lil bit higher ATK wouldn't hurt they feel much stronger than that).

I'll take a look at the DBZ monsters next :)

wow! that stuff is really amazing, i was thinking about making dbz cards to till somebody beat me to it!

and actually decided to start again, can make bout 15 cards a day, *AHEM* anyway, i would like to suggest something to you, instead of making cards with average numbers, i think it should be what the power level calculates,

i mean like... kid boo has 3800 ATK and mr. goku supa slurper 4 only has 2700?

howabout this?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yEnVu.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/c2tZv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3FsbS.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/NH7hZ.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/NexyB.jpg[/img]

[quote name='ultrameemo' timestamp='1344808472' post='6005531']
wow! that stuff is really amazing, i was thinking about making dbz cards to till somebody beat me to it!

and actually decided to start again, can make bout 15 cards a day, *AHEM* anyway, i would like to suggest something to you, instead of making cards with average numbers, i think it should be what the power level calculates,

i mean like... kid boo has 3800 ATK and mr. goku supa slurper 4 only has 2700?

howabout this?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yEnVu.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/c2tZv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3FsbS.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/NH7hZ.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/NexyB.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Thanks, but having the ATK/DEF the way they are is necessary. Please read all the the beginning to get an understanding.

[quote name='starsmate' timestamp='1344853865' post='6006244']
um why are they all light
[/quote]
Because everyone has light energy held within them.
Technically, the only types I can really give to any DBZ characters is LIGHT and EARTH.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh...my...god...

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST DRAGON BALL POP CULTURE SET I HAVE EVER SEEN...

[size=8]EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
The only complaint I have with the cards themselves is that their names are really long. If you can shorten the names with abbreviations (Ex: Tech Genus=TG, for cards that are Super Saiyan=SS). Some shortening is the only complaint I have. Other than that I love this set with all my heart XD. 9.999999999999/10

[quote name='DrunkenSage69' timestamp='1348187888' post='6028980']
Oh...my...god...

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST DRAGON BALL POP CULTURE SET I HAVE EVER SEEN...

[size=8]EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
The only complaint I have with the cards themselves is that their names are really long. If you can shorten the names with abbreviations (Ex: Tech Genus=TG, for cards that are Super Saiyan=SS). Some shortening is the only complaint I have. Other than that I love this set with all my heart XD. 9.999999999999/10
[/quote]
Well, thanks, hehe.
As for the abbreviations, I'm sorry to say that won't happen. The long names give the cards more detail, separated them more from same character cards, and just plan make them look cooler.

Apart from obvious CG errors, the main complaint would be the total inconsistency of ATK and PLs.
E.g. C18 being only 1500, while Roshi can build up to 2000???
You gotta be kidding...
If you are trying to make it a SET, then all cards must have consistent strengths and effects.
Also, kinda didn't find the logic in putting Fusion Counters on SSJ4 Gogeta, though I didn't look through ALL cards...
Needs more effort put in, the quantity over quality factor isn't enough as of now.

This is amazing i really dont know how you have made 165 cards and are still going its just mental but seriously AMAZING.[list]
[*]The graphics on some of the Vegita's could use updating to "newer" better imaging.
[*]All the "this card is treated as "[insertname]" does get confusing but if you were to use this as an actual deck you would know the effects pretty well.
[*]On a couple of the higher Sayian's like 3 and 4 you have tribute sayian or sayian 2 were unless there is a card effect to skip a sayian level it shouild be "Goku>SuperSayian>SSayian3>SSayian4>SSayian5". I haven't watched all episodes of them leveling though so if they can skip from 1-3 or 2-4 then the effects are fine utherwise it is a little out of character line.
[/list]
But again this is just my opinion in OCD order kind of way

[quote name='Koshej' timestamp='1348836400' post='6033774']
Apart from obvious CG errors, the main complaint would be the total inconsistency of ATK and PLs.
E.g. C18 being only 1500, while Roshi can build up to 2000???
You gotta be kidding...
If you are trying to make it a SET, then all cards must have consistent strengths and effects.
Also, kinda didn't find the logic in putting Fusion Counters on SSJ4 Gogeta, though I didn't look through ALL cards...
Needs more effort put in, the quantity over quality factor isn't enough as of now.
[/quote]
Please point out the errors. I haven't been able to find any lately.
Also, about the ATK point thing, not a lot of people understand what I'm trying to do here until I tell them to read the opening post before looking at the cards. So...please read the opening and you should be able to understand then.

[quote name='Lethal Phoenix' timestamp='1348953415' post='6034756']
This is amazing i really dont know how you have made 165 cards and are still going its just mental but seriously AMAZING.[list]
[*]The graphics on some of the Vegita's could use updating to "newer" better imaging.
[*]All the "this card is treated as "[insertname]" does get confusing but if you were to use this as an actual deck you would know the effects pretty well.
[*]On a couple of the higher Sayian's like 3 and 4 you have tribute sayian or sayian 2 were unless there is a card effect to skip a sayian level it shouild be "Goku>SuperSayian>SSayian3>SSayian4>SSayian5". I haven't watched all episodes of them leveling though so if they can skip from 1-3 or 2-4 then the effects are fine utherwise it is a little out of character line.
[/list]
But again this is just my opinion in OCD order kind of way
[/quote]
Hehe, thanks. I don't plan to ever quit. The day this stops is the day YCM disappears from the internet. XD
It's hard to find good Vegeta pics for me...especially SSj4.
As for skipping SSj2. They did this most of the time in the anime because they usually thought it was unnecessary most time. BUT I do have a SSj2 Goku card in the gallery if you read all the effects, then you'll find it.

hulkty
You aren't explaining why C18 is weaker than Roshi - while BOTH are part of your DB set.
All you say is, why your SuperSaiyans don't have ATKs of OVER9000 - and I agree with THAT.
Also, C18 stays weak, while MP Roshi is automatically stronger even without its effect.
Maybe there are more such discrepancies, but this one is the very first card, so it's the most obvious.
Now, obvious ERRORS (or rather, really vague effects - I'm not correcting the actual O/T-CG, cause I'm bad at it):
NUMBER ONE NOTE - you are VERY, VERY, VERY inconsistent with the CG wording you choose for your cards, e.g. "banish / remove from play", "on your field / you control" and many, many, many others; this is VERY bad.
MP Roshi: "this card can attack all your opponent's monsters" - should be something like: "during your Battle Phase, this card can attack each of your opponent's monsters once" or similar.
Blue: "during the second Standby Phase of this card's activation" - should be "after this card's activation", and even that sounds kinda off.
All Gokus and others: "This card's name is treated as..." - should be added WHEN: "while on the field; in the hand; in the Deck; etc.", not sure how to say EVERYWHERE.
Broly of Legend: misprint "expect" - should be "except"; also: "destroy all cards on the field except this card and 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field" - should be "on your field", cause it's redundant otherwise.
Monstrous - no "E" there.
Cell Ultimate: "banish...from play" - either part is redundant: "banish cards" or "remove cards from play".
Chibi Goten/Trunks Super: should limit the boost effect to one of them, cause it gets doubled, unless it's intentional and must total 600 ATK.
Frieza 100%: "must be attacked twice before being destroyed by battle" - should be something like: "once, while face-up, this card is not destroyed by battle", or a stronger version: "once per Battle Phase, this card is not destroyed by battle".
Frieza Second: should be something like: "destroy that monster before the Damage Step", there are real cards with this effect, go check it.
Frieza Third and other cards with this effect: should be: "twice per Battle Phase".
Dodoria and others: "if there is ... on the field" - I suggest adding: "on your field" or "either field", which have different results.
Gohan of Son Goku: no "-" in the name; dude, such misprints are annoying; again: "banish from play", see above.
Gohan Half-blood: no need for those spaces; again, should be: "attack twice per Battle Phase".
Goku Super 3: should rather be: "attack twice per Battle Phase", though your way to limit the attacks is interesting, if any legal (I doubt that).
Goku Protector: "attacks or is attacked" should be simplified to "battles an opponent's monster...by 400 for the Damage Step only", if you mean that, of course.
Goku Ascended: "to have this card attack all of your opponent's monsters" - should clarify: "during the Battle Phase, this card can attack each of your opponent's monsters once", or even make it weaker by adding: "during the next Battle Phase".
Goku Double: again: "attack twice per Battle Phase".

I'm tired, so just follow these guidelines and check the other cards yourself.
But the set as a whole has horrible CG grammar inconsistency and some awkward weirdnesses.
Sorry, but fact.

[quote name='Koshej' timestamp='1348990526' post='6035020']
hulkty
You aren't explaining why C18 is weaker than Roshi - while BOTH are part of your DB set.
All you say is, why your SuperSaiyans don't have ATKs of OVER9000 - and I agree with THAT.
Also, C18 stays weak, while MP Roshi is automatically stronger even without its effect.
Maybe there are more such discrepancies, but this one is the very first card, so it's the most obvious.
Now, obvious ERRORS (or rather, really vague effects - I'm not correcting the actual O/T-CG, cause I'm bad at it):
NUMBER ONE NOTE - you are VERY, VERY, VERY inconsistent with the CG wording you choose for your cards, e.g. "banish / remove from play", "on your field / you control" and many, many, many others; this is VERY bad.
MP Roshi: "this card can attack all your opponent's monsters" - should be something like: "during your Battle Phase, this card can attack each of your opponent's monsters once" or similar.
Blue: "during the second Standby Phase of this card's activation" - should be "after this card's activation", and even that sounds kinda off.
All Gokus and others: "This card's name is treated as..." - should be added WHEN: "while on the field; in the hand; in the Deck; etc.", not sure how to say EVERYWHERE.
Broly of Legend: misprint "expect" - should be "except"; also: "destroy all cards on the field except this card and 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field" - should be "on your field", cause it's redundant otherwise.
Monstrous - no "E" there.
Cell Ultimate: "banish...from play" - either part is redundant: "banish cards" or "remove cards from play".
Chibi Goten/Trunks Super: should limit the boost effect to one of them, cause it gets doubled, unless it's intentional and must total 600 ATK.
Frieza 100%: "must be attacked twice before being destroyed by battle" - should be something like: "once, while face-up, this card is not destroyed by battle", or a stronger version: "once per Battle Phase, this card is not destroyed by battle".
Frieza Second: should be something like: "destroy that monster before the Damage Step", there are real cards with this effect, go check it.
Frieza Third and other cards with this effect: should be: "twice per Battle Phase".
Dodoria and others: "if there is ... on the field" - I suggest adding: "on your field" or "either field", which have different results.
Gohan of Son Goku: no "-" in the name; dude, such misprints are annoying; again: "banish from play", see above.
Gohan Half-blood: no need for those spaces; again, should be: "attack twice per Battle Phase".
Goku Super 3: should rather be: "attack twice per Battle Phase", though your way to limit the attacks is interesting, if any legal (I doubt that).
Goku Protector: "attacks or is attacked" should be simplified to "battles an opponent's monster...by 400 for the Damage Step only", if you mean that, of course.
Goku Ascended: "to have this card attack all of your opponent's monsters" - should clarify: "during the Battle Phase, this card can attack each of your opponent's monsters once", or even make it weaker by adding: "during the next Battle Phase".
Goku Double: again: "attack twice per Battle Phase".

I'm tired, so just follow these guidelines and check the other cards yourself.
But the set as a whole has horrible CG grammar inconsistency and some awkward weirdnesses.
Sorry, but fact.
[/quote]
I tried to explain already that this is for Yugioh, not a whole game for specifically Dragonball. If it was then I wouldn't be able to fit the actual power levels on the cards. I don't know how to make this anymore simpler. Some visitors get it, some don't. :/
The "Banish from play" will be changed to just "banish" soon enough.
All other changed effects listed there do not need to be changed.
Thanks for commenting again.

[quote name='Koshej' timestamp='1349239532' post='6036900']
Quoting hulkty:
1. I'm always right.
2. If you think otherwise, see 1.

Dude, I see no problem making cards the way to be compatible INSIDE the set too - MANY people do it very nicely.
Also, see 1.
[/quote]
*Sigh* Whatever you say.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived