Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Official Speculation/News Topic

YamiMario

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest .:Overdrive:.

This series looks horrible. Why forsake your older dedicated fans for a fickle younger audience? I will watch it to try it out but, damn this series looks like s***.

We need to go back to Battle City or to Duel Terminal World. Watching characters in an action series get turned into OCG cards would be awesome.

Exactly. I mean, when they're going to make a show for everyone, not just for little kids?

I would like to see a Battle City-concept tournament.

And of the female being a main protagonist this time. Seriously, you think the guys who make these shows read what's on here?

No, I believe he/she doesn't read this. But they could try something different. Why not?

Edited the title. Will allow a series topic ONLY the week before the series starts.

Aah, nice. Now the tittle sounds a lot better =D.

Hopefully, Zexal will break from the conventions and bring us a new story about a realistic protagonist who we can relate to, and has a lot of personal drama that isn't cheesy. A protagonist who looks like a real person, and is independent rather than a spiky haired kid who's over-reliant on the "power of friendship" and the "heart of the cards," breaking from the conventions that confine Yugioh, and many other anime. Imagine. This could be THE Yugioh series that I want. A Yugioh series that thrives on character-driven stories, gripping personal drama, a successfully written romance, realistic gameplay with a lot of well-presented tension as to what the player's next move should be, and most of all, no "dramatic" speeches about friendship and believing in the cards...

129222927645616228766_15c3t2-1-f5bc.jpg

So, a fourth series of the same old crap?

I hate the dude's hair. It looks so stupid.

And I greatly prefer simpler plots. I don't come into terrible animes like Yu-Gi-Oh to hear about the 5 signer dragons and the satellite and the parallel Duel Monster Spirit Universes and Atlantis and the Ancient Egyptian world or whatever terrible story plot they come up with and pretend is high brow and exciting.

I'd much rather see a tournament kind of a thing, like the Duelist Kingdom and Battle City of the original series or the "slice of life" style of the first 2 seasons of GX.

How about DM and GX "connection" (180 ep. duel, The "Hall of Fame" room on the Academy...)

There were A LOT of Series 1 and GX connections. The second character we meet after Jaden is an older Yugi.

Then there's the fact they had Yugi's deck on tour at the museum, the fact they met Pegasus and had him pop up a bunch of times. I believe they mentioned Kaiba sponsored the thing where Jaden drew Neos. And other such things.

Yea it was part of a competition to send cards into space.

Lol Overdrive, 5Ds already went there done that.

I agree Crouton, doubt it will ever happen in the world of YGO. Well cutting out the romance part...any hints you know what 4Kids are like with them.

A bit of a Duel Masters rip off. But Kazuki Takahashi decided to make the new show like this, so we had better put up with it. The series doesnt look too good from the scan, but thats just what the main character looks like. It might actually have some desence to it.

did they run out of ideas for the hair? It looks like an attempt a Yusei, so we have Yugi, Judai, Yusei and Yuma, the main character looks like a bit of a gimp I reckon but then again he is number 1 bad boy in school.

did they run out of ideas for the hair? It looks like an attempt a Yusei, so we have Yugi, Judai, Yusei and Yuma, the main character looks like a bit of a gimp I reckon but then again he is number 1 bad boy in school.

Lol Overdrive, 5Ds already went there done that.

:lol:

I mean " bad school boy". I mean...we're going to watch some kid who makes "problems" in his school and who plays card games with his friends.

Oh...great.

@Legend Zero: Thank God...there's not going to be Duel Academy.

Yugi, Yusei, Yuma, Judai

Y,Y,Y, J

:D

yea that's what i'm thinking and maybe because he is the number one bad boy he is instatnyl to badass for a regular school so they send him to duel academy, but damn change the hair what were they thinking! Also with the name sequence:

Yugi, Judai, Yusei, Yuma

Now Yuma's left out ;)

Well look at the uniform Yuma is wearing....that's not Duel Academy style. But! There is still a chance they may transfer to Duel Academy.

Ah...yeah. You're right.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Yugi, Judai, Yusei, Yuma

Now Yuma's left out ;)

Hahaha. I didn't notice that.

Yugi, Judai, Yusei: GTFO Yuma! Your name doesn't end on I

Yuma: *sadface.jpg*

Archived