Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Official Speculation/News Topic

YamiMario

There are 2 Excess Monster introduced:

Beyonder of the Flaming Passion[Fire/Pyro/Excess/LV8]

Effect: Once per turn you can send 1 monster Overlaid on this card to the Graveyard activate 1 of the following effects: * Destroy 1 card on the field. * Inflict damage to your opponent equal 200 x the Level of the sent monster.

ATK 2500 / DEF 2000

Thunderfist Monk[Fire/Thunder/Excess/LV4]

Effect: Once per turn you can send all Overlaid monsters on this card to the Graveyard. Your opponent must skip 1 consecutive Draw Phase for every 2 Overlaid monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

ATK 1800 / DEF 1500

and some boost for Exsess Monsters:

Excess Power

[spell/Normal]

Effect: Select 1 monster from your Graveyard and Overlay it on Excess Monsters you control. That Excess Monster gains ATK equal to half the Overlaid Monster’s ATK while that monster is Overlaid on it.

Greed Glut

[spell/Quickplay]

Effect: Send 1 Excess Monster you control to the Graveyard. Draw 1 card for each Overlaid Monster on that Excess Monster (max 4).

Attack Overload

[Trap/Normal]

Effect: Activate this card only when your opponent declares an attack. Send 1 Overlaid Monster on an Excess Monster you control to the Graveyard to destroy all monsters your opponent controls

...It seems like the creator of Zexal wanna make whole game retarded.... and Excess Monsters are highly Op-ed...Thunderfist Monk is so gonna be forbidden...

and i dont like the whole idea of Zexal iether...

1. Younger character! (we just got Yusei, who's 18...and now....kid.)

2. Protagonist is BADBOY!!!! (ygo protagonist were allways kind and helpfull. fail.)

3. Retarded girl. (ygo girls were allways hot.)

4. Why would they make a new Monster type??? WHY!!!!!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 2 Excess Monster introduced:

[spoiler=Not Real Cards]Beyonder of the Flaming Passion[Fire/Pyro/Excess/LV8]

Effect: Once per turn you can send 1 monster Overlaid on this card to the Graveyard activate 1 of the following effects: * Destroy 1 card on the field. * Inflict damage to your opponent equal 200 x the Level of the sent monster.

ATK 2500 / DEF 2000

Thunderfist Monk[Fire/Thunder/Excess/LV4]

Effect: Once per turn you can send all Overlaid monsters on this card to the Graveyard. Your opponent must skip 1 consecutive Draw Phase for every 2 Overlaid monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

ATK 1800 / DEF 1500

and some boost for Exsess Monsters:

Excess Power

[spell/Normal]

Effect: Select 1 monster from your Graveyard and Overlay it on Excess Monsters you control. That Excess Monster gains ATK equal to half the Overlaid Monster’s ATK while that monster is Overlaid on it.

Greed Glut

[spell/Quickplay]

Effect: Send 1 Excess Monster you control to the Graveyard. Draw 1 card for each Overlaid Monster on that Excess Monster (max 4).

Attack Overload

[Trap/Normal]

Effect: Activate this card only when your opponent declares an attack. Send 1 Overlaid Monster on an Excess Monster you control to the Graveyard to destroy all monsters your opponent controls

...It seems like the creator of Zexal wanna make whole game retarded.... and Excess Monsters are highly Op-ed...Thunderfist Monk is so gonna be forbidden...

and i dont like the whole idea of Zexal iether...

1. Younger character! (we just got Yusei, who's 18...and now....kid.)

2. Protagonist is BADBOY!!!! (ygo protagonist were allways kind and helpfull. fail.)

3. Retarded girl. (ygo girls were allways hot.)

4. Why would they make a new Monster type??? WHY!!!!!

Your cards where made on pojo as a model.

1. They're going for a new audience because they want the OCG/TCG to survive.

2. See #1

3. See #1 (Also just because the female lead isn't hot doesn't mean there won't be a hot girl)

4. People said the same thing about synchros.

I'm fine with Kitori and Yuma's design...but blue haired guy reminds me of Chazz way too much.

The Blue haired guy looks like a male version of Akiza if you ask me.

How true that is... Let's recap:

Original: Mai

GX: Alexis

5D's: Aki

Zexal: ???

???: ???

1 more series to go, with two more characters. Let's hope for good content.

Ishizu too, and all the girls of Obelisk Blue, and Harpie Lady, E-Hero Burstinatrix, Etoile Cyber, Cyber Skater, Angela Rains, Carly Carmine, Misty Tredwell, and of course, Dark Magician Girl.

If ZEXAL gets a minor villain at least as interesting as Divine, doesn't have a character as controversial as Crow, and Yuma actually loses at least five duels, then this series will win for me.

I don't really like Yuma's design though. The series is starting to remind me of Beyblade. I do think Kitori looks fine though.

This pretty much sums up how I feel, although I do enjoy Metal Fight Beyblade.

This pretty much sums up how I feel, although I do enjoy Metal Fight Beyblade.

I can't find a Metal Fight sub. ='[

PM me a link?

2 new manga scans.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6729/1cpijp2251e.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9404/55874928201012140817100.jpg

EDIT: Latest theory:

Remember Digimon Tamers? They had watched Adventure and 02....THEN began their own adventures. Something similar could happen here.

EDITx2: This is not confirmed but here goes nothing.

Takahashi stated on a blog post that he somewhat designed the characters as a joke, but realized he wants a younger protagonist. And he also realizes his character design will be difficult for the animators to draw.

He supposedly said the same things about GX and 5ds. But this time he actually has a plot in mind. (unlike GX were he only came up with season 1 and modified season 2...he didn't even do the plot for 5ds, to my knowledge)

Well, whoever did the 5D's plot did great on season one...

Also, Kotori isn't hot :( But she is, like little-kid cute. WHich seems really odd to say as she is technically a middle schooler, as am I. But whatever.

when 5D's started, I was happy, couse, I tought that it's a great job after GX (who's first 2 seasons are sh*t, but seasons 3 and 4 were good).. and 5D's was as I expected... but now they made another ygo for kids... this makes me think that Zexal, will be stupid like Digimon after 02, like Bayblade, like Bedamon, like Medabot, like BAKUGAN!!!!!

when 5D's started, I was happy, couse, I tought that it's a great job after GX (who's first 2 seasons are sh*t, but seasons 3 and 4 were good).. and 5D's was as I expected... but now they made another ygo for kids... this makes me think that Zexal, will be stupid like Digimon after 02, like Bayblade, like Bedamon, like Medabot, like BAKUGAN!!!!!

WOW! You really have no clue.

1. All the digimon series were meant for kids so I don't know where you got "after 02" from. And the 1st season after 02 (Tamers) is by far the most widely liked season. (by all ages I might add)

2. Actually ALL of those on your list are aimed at younger kids, and some of those have an actual plot. Your opinions are nice to have but "stupid" is just flaming, how about a little more specification? So we can actually discuss instead of flaming the show and each other.

3. This show is going to happen regardless, so hop on the "Excited Express for Excess" and pray for the best.

OT: I swear if they make Yuma use old 90's catch phrases like Judai I'm gonna RAEG.

I rather liked Gotcha, 'esp when Chronos and Manjoume did it also. The only reason I started on 5Ds because my friend I was talking to was obsessing over JACK (not as much as she did Kaiba) so I thought I'd try. I don't talk to her much anymore and since she didn't like GX she probably won't like this, so I have no drive to want to watch it.

For all you good boys and girls. (Santa appreciates reps) =3

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/yugioh-zexal/

^Looks more like an adventure type anime, tbh.

Someone pointed out the more official card BGs

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cohenmarioman/2010-12-17_1606.png

AND the hot girl of the series....Yuma's sister

http://www.pixavid.com/uploads/lkrGUi.jpg

Archived