DL 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358136069' post='6120258']
DL
If [i]Goku [/i]can't beat Superman...
Then no one can :/
Literally, he was the best shot anyone had at taking him down and it [i]didn't work [/i];__;
[b]Give me a few hours and I'm certain I can think of SOMEONE who can be a contender . . . maybe one (>>)[/b]

I don't know Transformers too well outside of the Michael Bay movies, but the video made Starscream seem annoying, so I didn't care that he lost.
[b]Starscream was originally supposed to be this annoying commander who only grovelled and didn't do much. That is why I like the Transformers Animated version because, though he does grovel when he has too, he is more like the back-stabbing evil assistant who will do whatever it takes to get what he wants.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358143367' post='6120340']
Did my application in the previous page just get ignored clean?
[/quote]

The only thing you posted last page was something about you wanting to talk about Starscream. Way too add to the conversation there [i]Mod[/i][i].[/i] Other than that I can honestly say I have no f*cking idea what you're talking about.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1358144211' post='6120351']
The only thing you posted last page was something about you wanting to talk about Starscream. Way too add to the conversation there [i]Mod[/i][i].[/i] Other than that I can honestly say I have no f*cking idea what you're talking about.
[/quote]
... Would you get your head out of your f***ing ass?

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358134175' post='6120219']
Okay I need to join this now. I have stuff to say about Starscream.
[/quote]
>Says joining in some manner, which is all the rules require
>Adds to the conversation, considering Starscream is at least related to the conversation.

If anything, I'm going to say your post is much, much farther off the radar than his, considering it's just you beign venomous and/or bitter to someone for having something you want.

Also, the reason Superman can't lose is because he's a Sue's Sue's Sue.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1358144211' post='6120351']
[/quote]

Then I would like [i]you[/i] to take a good LOOK at the APPLICATION RULE on the BLEEDING FIRST PAGE, saying that to get in I have to just say so. I did say so. But I got no confirmation.

And I don't know about you, [i]Member,[/i] but I'm not going to burst into a Club and start taking part in the discussion without having been accepted, Mod or not. Weird, is it?

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358144404' post='6120353']
Then I would like [i]you[/i] to take a good LOOK at the APPLICATION RULE on the BLEEDING FIRST PAGE, saying that to get in I have to just say so. I did say so. But I got no confirmation.

And I don't know about you, [i]Member,[/i] but I'm not going to burst into a Club and start taking part in the discussion without having been accepted, Mod or not. Weird, is it?
[/quote]

Sorry I thought you were already a member. I didn't know you were actually applying, thought the "join this" referred to the topic since you went on about Starscream which happened to be a part of the topic.

Wouldn't have said anything if I knew you weren't a member already.

And Black, Mod or not, STFU. Instead of being b*tchy about it just ask if I understood if I knew he was applying since that was the most obvious mistake I could've made. Mugen has every right to yell at me, you don't or have no need too.

Cmon Jake, we're all easygoing here. No need to get on anyone's case.

Though Mugen, I don't think he meant for that to come off as standoffish as it sounded.
Or maybe he did and it's just a weird night.
But yeah, you pretty much post and you're in.

I never got to see old Transformers cartoons, but Arm's comics have a strange underlying persuasion to it...

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358145522' post='6120368']
Cmon Jake, we're all easygoing here. No need to get on anyone's case.

Though Mugen, I don't think he meant for that to come off as standoffish as it sounded.
Or maybe he did and it's just a weird night.
But yeah, you pretty much post and you're in.

I never got to see old Transformers cartoons, but Arm's comics have a strange underlying persuasion to it...
[/quote]

*sighs*
Yeah Fusion I'll drop it. I just don't need to be bashed over the head for a stupid mistake.

Now onto the topic, you never got to see the old Transformers cartoons? And I am not referring to the original ones because I am NOT that old . . . but what about the ones that came out during the 90s when you and I were growing up?

I remember Starscream being bad ass in it, defecting and becoming a powerhouse on his own so much so that he could stand toe-to-toe with Megatron and not flinch or act pathetic.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358145522' post='6120368']
[/quote]

Oh, Armada isn't that old.

...AT LEAST, it's not what [i]I[/i] have in mind when I say old.

Let's see. Old would be something like this;
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/1/13/Tud3_starscream_smirkiest.jpg/220px-Tud3_starscream_smirkiest.jpg[/img]

Whereas Armada presents us with a more competent, and better elaborated character; complete with better animation.
[img]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/3695/120329-astarscream_cartoon.jpg[/img]

He also happens to be generally regarded as the best Starscream, with the latest one - from Transformers Prime - as the close second, and Gen 1's as the third.

There've been a lot of childhood shows I've missed out on.
Power Rangers
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers
Rocko's Modern Life
Justice League
Batman: TAS
Invader Zim
It's a crying shame, I tell ya.

Transformers Prime? There's a current show out right now?
...guess that makes sense actually given the live-action movies.
Is it any good?

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358146532' post='6120382']
Is it any good?
[/quote]

I liked it a lot, for one. Considering it's a fairly recent show, it has a worthwhile plot and decent characters. It has the live action Optimus voicing, but that's it. The others are new.

As for Starscream... he's considered a good character because he really is insecure about himself. He has the perfect silver tongue they all had, sans Armada's; but said tongue [i]consistently loses credibility [/i]throughout the course of the show. He is also split between what does he want from Megatron: His approval, or his job.

By the end of Season 2, where the series is currently halted; he has clearly picked to have approval. The earth has been successfully invaded by Decepticons, who now inhabit a gigantic badass tower in the middle of the desert.

Fusion, are there any nights here that aren't weird? It's a club about Chibis and Bacon.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358146532' post='6120382']
There've been a lot of childhood shows I've missed out on.
Power Rangers - [b]Youtube this as fast as you can. The original one. The rest are sh*t[/b]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - [b]Take it or leave it. It's an okay Saturday morning cartoon.[/b]
Transformers - [b]Meh.[/b]
Rocko's Modern Life - [b]Weird. Just weird.[/b]
Justice League - [b]Okay, this was epic when I was eight.[/b]
Batman: TAS [b]TAS? What?[/b]
Invader Zim [b]How dare you? Why have you not watched this?[/b]
It's a crying shame, I tell ya.

Is it any good?
[/quote]

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1358162099' post='6120470']
Fuse, you haven't watched INVADER ZIM?

it's one of the best shows on american television ._______.
[/quote]

Having watched this dubbed in spanish, I must say it was already amazing enough like that. Now if I actually missed any of the humour because of translation, I'LL HAVE TO WATCH IT AGAIN.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1358147232' post='6120390']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRDmPxyS3g4[/media]

You tell me
[/quote]

Hey
His voice.
That's Vilgax.
I like that voice.
[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358148033' post='6120395']
I liked it a lot, for one. Considering it's a fairly recent show, it has a worthwhile plot and decent characters. It has the live action Optimus voicing, but that's it. The others are new.

As for Starscream... he's considered a good character because he really is insecure about himself. He has the perfect silver tongue they all had, sans Armada's; but said tongue [i]consistently loses credibility [/i]throughout the course of the show. He is also split between what does he want from Megatron: His approval, or his job.

By the end of Season 2, where the series is currently halted; he has clearly picked to have approval. The earth has been successfully invaded by Decepticons, who now inhabit a gigantic badass tower in the middle of the desert.
[/quote]

Loling if they decided to pull a Spectacular Spider-Man here.

...I've seen a couple episodes of Invader Zim, I just didn't watch it regularly or go out of my way to see it.
And TAS stands for The Animated Series, DMG.

If I'm ever going to go back and watch any of those, it'd probably be Batman. Obvious reasons.

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1358188541' post='6120696']
It was perfectly dark but not so much that children couldn't watch it . . .
[/quote]

I feel like this balance is sorely lacking amongst today's cartoons.
Although, I've heard good things about Young Justice. Though I'm not sure if it's dark or not since I've never seen it.

Young Justice is almost as good as Batman: The Animated Series in the dark overtone but Batman TAS does it without even trying. I mean there are some really convincing episodes in there that not only makes you feel for the villain but are just so out there it is difficult to surpass them.

Not to mention the Joker's voice in Batman TAS is hands down the f*cking best there is- period.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI

Need more convincing? Watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDix4E99HTw

[quote name='Admiral Remo' timestamp='1358210975' post='6121110']
HOW DARE YOU FORSAKE OUR PIRATE GOD LUFFY!
[/quote]

Nahhhhhhhhh it wouldn't even be close.
Naruto vs Luffy, on the other hand...
[quote name='Reiji Kokonoe' timestamp='1358230442' post='6121335']
Because Luffy would die in three seconds if he fought Vegeta.
Luffy: "You can't beat me, I'm made of rubber!"
Vegeta: *Fires Gallic Gun*
Luffy: *Dies*
[/quote]

Nono.
Luffy's a [i]lot [/i]better than that.
He'd give Vegeta a run for his money, but yeah, Vegeta would win.

Archived