~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

Mugen it isn't causing any harm so I don't see why you're getting upset about it. Or that I changed a single word on the X-Men topic . . .

By the way that question still stands. X-Men weren't interesting to you so they don't interest you, so again why is that?

Uuuugh, why do I have to explaaaaaain this to you.

I used the past tense. That means I do not necessarily feel the same way in the present. Which is exactly the case. I like them. I didn't like them before. BIIIIG difference Jake.

It's just that as a kid, I prefered robots over superheroes.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot 7-year-olds needed a thesis to back up their preferences.

I didn't HAVE a reason, why would you ask a kid for a reason?

Yeah if I was asking a seven year old I'd just accept it. I am asking why you didn't like them and thought maybe you'd be able to think of a reason. I would accept "I really don't know" as an answer . . . why make such a big deal out of it?

You must be in a bad mood. So, anybody else have a topic so we can avoid continuing this one?

Superheroes were kinda eh for me as well.

Not saying I didn't like them... just not as much as other stuff.

And you really can't say you're a superhero fan if you haven't read the comics, for which I am too intimidated to catch up on.

Robots were interesting, though, especially now when I'm taking a college course on mechanical engineering.

I'm hoping that in a few months I can actually graduate with an AutoCAD certificate and get a better job with it. I could use the money right now...

Honesty, Transformers never interested me much. I messed around with Bionicle for a while, but it never got very far. X-Men was probably among the first superhero shows I ever watched, and Wolverine is still my favorite superhero to this day. Though, as far as comics go, I'm not very big on them. Sandra and Woo is probably the only comic I've ever begun reading that I'm actually up to date on. Not only to I just not feel like tracking down the comics, but I don't feel like having a big stack of them either.

I've only seen the Transformers movies. They looked amazing, but the story...up and down really.

Michael Bay did an alright job bringing them to the big screen, but not a good point in the whole story department. If you want a good idea how the Transformers story is supposed to go I'd suggest watching Transformers: Prime on the HUB when you can.

Personally it has one of my favorite Starscreams of all time in it, outside Armada of course.

Michael Bay did an alright job bringing them to the big screen, but not a good point in the whole story department. If you want a good idea how the Transformers story is supposed to go I'd suggest watching Transformers: Prime on the HUB when you can.

Personally it has one of my favorite Starscreams of all time in it, outside Armada of course.

You can't just say there's a way the story "is supposed to go", though. There were a few continuities, each with its completely different stories.

Also, we've already gone over the Starscream Ranking, haven't we?

You can't just say there's a way the story "is supposed to go", though. There were a few continuities, each with its completely different stories.

Also, we've already gone over the Starscream Ranking, haven't we?

Yes we have . . .

And what I mean about the story thing is that in NONE of the Transformers series I've ever watched, and remember, did Optimus actually kill Megatron. But then again I might have forgotten one or never have seen it. But yes I know what you mean and I do treat it as an entirely different continuity.

Ummm, if I may... The original comic/series, which was likely written by the creator of the series, and therefore reflects how the creator wanted it to go, is very likely to be the way the story is supposed to go.

It's kind of like taking the Fantastic Four, which was written and created by Stan Lee, if I'm not mistaken, and twisting the origin of the group from, unless I'm mistaken, radiation exposure inside a space shuttle, to, say, a group of Chernobyl(sp?) survivors. Completely different from the original comics, isn't it? Not at all how the creator wanted the story to go.

Ummm, if I may... The original comic/series, which was likely written by the creator of the series, and therefore reflects how the creator wanted it to go, is very likely to be the way the story is supposed to go.

It's kind of like taking the Fantastic Four, which was written and created by Stan Lee, if I'm not mistaken, and twisting the origin of the group from, unless I'm mistaken, radiation exposure inside a space shuttle, to, say, a group of Chernobyl(sp?) survivors. Completely different from the original comics, isn't it? Not at all how the creator wanted the story to go.

Even when going by that idea, Prime would in no way be "the way it's supposed to go".

As for this regarding the different characterizations, the fact that one is the way it was originally written as and the other is a totally different character in a totally different background and story, doesn't mean the original is necessarily better, not at all.

What I'm getting at is that Prime Starscream is, in my opinion, a better character than the original one. 

Alright then lets talk about anime, since this is Chibi Knights, and the remakes that we like or possibly dislike.

To be honest I don't like the Dragon Ball Z Kai reedit because, to be honest, some of the filler that you got to see was pretty good- minus the Garlic Junior Saga. Also I am surprised we've not gotten to see a lot more remakes, meaning remade with the new technology, of other animes that could be remade for new generations.

Huh?

When did that happen?

As for remakes, I don't actually know of any others besides Kai. And I haven't gotten around to watching that in full yet.

A Cowboy Bebop remake in 5-10 years could be really amazing though. Fresh Yoko Kanno soundtracks, updated animation standards on top of already-stellar animation, I can smell the money machine burning already.

Actually, didn't they say they were doing a new Sailor Moon too? 

And other than that, maybe an Inuyasha Kai would be good. I've been meaning to check out that classic at some point, but the manga length's a little daunting and I heard it usurps DBZ in the slow pacing department.

Joker's got to be my favorite manipulative villain. He's always two steps ahead in every scheme he's involved in and his unpredictability always freshens things up.

Other than that, I don't know if you've heard of this new anime called Psycho-Pass, but it's got a cool villain named Makishima who's smart and manipulative.

Can't forget Light Yagami either.

Light... the only guy I know who can effectively mislead an investigation. As for Naraku... Yeah, he is way overpowered, but also remember that he has always had more of the Shikon Jewel shards than the good guys, and he eventually gets all of them, if I remember correctly. Even one of those shards ups a demons power by insane.

My favorite villain still has to be Itachi, though. No one can touch him. Well, as far as bada**ery goes.

Sasuke needs to die.

I can't count Joker as a manipulative villain since he himself really doesn't know what he is going to be doing one moment to the next. Light Yami I can see as being manipulative but not as good as Naraku as he did get killed- Naraku can't even be killed effectively.

Actually, he plans things out well in advance. If you ever read Death of the Family or The Man Who Laughs, those are stories where he has everyone in Gotham wrapped around his finger constantly stumbling and bumbling through deaths and chaos because he sets things up they can't prepare for.

My favorite villain still has to be Itachi, though. No one can touch him. Well, as far as bada**ery goes.

Sasuke needs to die.

Itachi isn't really a villain though, just a tragic figure really. He is an awesome character though.

And I don't know what the heck's gonna happen with Sasuke anymore. Just that he'll find redemption somehow.

I'm only on episode 19, but it's not to bad.

I should get back to that. I stopped on episode 40 right after the Mermen arc.

Also, glad to see you again.

Just say "Shut up Thar" and get it off your chest. ^^

Archived