YCM Grand Tournament 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious, it's time for serious questions on your opinion. What do you think of this tournaments spread of characters? Are there any characters that stand out to you?

You put this together, it seems like we should have a few words from you.

I like that there's variety here, but I honestly think that there are too many obscure characters, and some characters from the last tournament didn't make it in, such as Gary Oak and Miles Edgeworth. However, the variety of the characters, at least in my opinion, allows this tournament to be different. While I'm not particularly thrilled that there are characters I'm completely unfamiliar with and can't be arsed to learn about, I find that this is easily counteracted by having other people simply write the matches for me. However, as Zetsubou Black pointed out, matches such as Richard vs. Batman end up pitting two great characters against each other in Round 1, while other matches are completely uninteresting. I think increasing the number of characters 256 helped add variety, but that's mainly just to extend this tournament. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go until Round 2.

[quote name='Ä‚tman' timestamp='1302228193' post='5121982']
Yay! I voted for Rukia (I think), but I like both and was hoping it would end in a tie.

I got two wishes left. :3
[/quote]
You should be expecting some bad news about this result. After all, the monkey paw is only so granting.

[quote name='Christian Exodia' timestamp='1302257662' post='5122496']
Am I the only one that want Gyro Gearloose, a Disney Character from the 60's(Comics) and 80's(Duck Tales) to make it to Round 2.
[/quote]
I with you, he deserves to make it. If only for Duck Tales.

[quote name='Skyfi' timestamp='1302289754' post='5123100']
If it's not too late, I'd like to nominate Placido from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Primo
[/quote]
As Atman said, and aporia counts as Placido, Jose, and Lucianno.

Archived