Secret Society of Drill Hair Fetishes

Yeah, it took forfrickinever to read through it. I feel like it could've been better, you know? It just ended up being a story that wanted to be dark and edgy, but didn't quite hit the mark.

I like the characters enough, particularly Yuki, though not for their consistency. A lot have been pretty inconsistent actually.

And for those of you who just watched the anime, I feel bad for. All the side characters are just...there. The only ones with any semblance of depth is Ogami, Sakura, and Toki.

[spoiler=And Hitomi, but]

he doesn't even stick around for a 2nd season >.>[/spoiler]

It's basic purpose is just for its readers to see things in action.

Sorry for the rant, I always get like that when I see wasted potential.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really seen an anime I disliked, oddly. I mean finished. The reason is that if I don't like it after three or four episodes, I'll forget to download more episodes out of apathy and end up forgetting about it until way later.

This reminds me of when I watched TTGL. I only watched it three times, from 1-3, 4-10 then 11-27. On that last night, I watched it from like 10 PM to 7 AM and it was almost like I was high off the show. I was getting REALLY involved then felt burnt as hell after I stopped forcing myself to be energetic. I love doing that sort of thing because whatever I'm watching feels a lot more like I'm immersed in it: after and during my viewing.

Honestly?

The word "protect".

It didn't bother me when I first got into anime, but now that I've seen so many, I've seen characters constantly stating they'd protect someone.

"I'll protect you!"

"I will protect my friends!"

"Why are you so intent on protecting me?"

Protectprotectprotect could you at least use a synonym?

Like I'll keep you safe?

Or I'll look after you?

I'll cover you?

I dunno, I'd take anything really.

If it's subbed, I never really know if they're actually saying what they're saying or not because I actually sometimes subconsciously learn a Japanese word and find out that they go with it in all different ways with the sub. I wouldn't really thrust something like that to be accurate, but that's just me. Unless of course, you've realized they're actually saying the same thing in Japanese. If it's dubbed, then that's perfectly fine. Though sometimes they even say something in English and I think occasionally what was said is perfectly fine for subs to say too, but they just use something else in most cases.

Yeah, it took forfrickinever to read through it. I feel like it could've been better, you know? It just ended up being a story that wanted to be dark and edgy, but didn't quite hit the mark.

I like the characters enough, particularly Yuki, though not for their consistency. A lot have been pretty inconsistent actually.

And for those of you who just watched the anime, I feel bad for. All the side characters are just...there. The only ones with any semblance of depth is Ogami, Sakura, and Toki.

[spoiler=And Hitomi, but]

he doesn't even stick around for a 2nd season >.>[/spoiler]

It's basic purpose is just for its readers to see things in action.

Sorry for the rant, I always get like that when I see wasted potential.

I was just thinking it could have used slightly more episodes at least. I really found the beginning horrible and I know it has a lot of chapters, so why the need to make it that short? It could have seriously done a little better and probably done some more things with the other characters if it was longer. I do have my thoughts on that thread that I actually use for some reason, I for another reason I can't quite explain, I don't think it ended nearly as bad as it started though.

Well I hope there will be a season 3.
There's not as much good ecchi anime as nowadays.

Yeah. I tried Senran Kagura, and I somehow find it decent enough to continue, but right now I definitely agree.

If it's subbed, I never really know if they're actually saying what they're saying or not because I actually sometimes subconsciously learn a Japanese word and find out that they go with it in all different ways with the sub. I wouldn't really thrust something like that to be accurate, but that's just me. Unless of course, you've realized they're actually saying the same thing in Japanese. If it's dubbed, then that's perfectly fine. Though sometimes they even say something in English and I think occasionally what was said is perfectly fine for subs to say too, but they just use something else in most cases.

At this point, it's all a blur. Probably have seen more than enough in both though. Shonens are basically the worst offenders and they're my main genre, so :/

I was just thinking it could have used slightly more episodes at least. I really found the beginning horrible and I know it has a lot of chapters, so why the need to make it that short? It could have seriously done a little better and probably done some more things with the other characters if it was longer. I do have my thoughts on that thread that I actually use for some reason, I for another reason I can't quite explain, I don't think it ended nearly as bad as it started though.

Yeah. I tried Senran Kagura, and I somehow find it decent enough to continue, but right now I definitely agree.

They actually did things differently from the manga.

For one thing, the only other Code: Breaker around for the fight with Hitomi was Toki. We didn't meet Ouji, Yuki, or Heike until after that conflict, iirc.

With the way they had them all there for its first season, I think the anime was only really meant to give a preview for the manga and entice people to come read it. Honestly, they could have done a 25-26 episode season for the white-haired guy we saw at the end there, but I dunno why they didn't. 

I considered Senran Kagura, but then Masako X gave it an Anifail on Anifile and I passed.

I was talking to Desperado, but you may enjoy it, too.

Yeah, I got to episode 4 when I got some video problems and some things lead to another and I started playing Warframe since it's in its Open Beta weekend. I'll definitely watch the rest though. It was pretty enjoyable. Maybe I'll finish up that episode soon before I go to work and/or when I get back home from work.

They actually did things differently from the manga.
For one thing, the only other Code: Breaker around for the fight with Hitomi was Toki. We didn't meet Ouji, Yuki, or Heike until after that conflict, iirc.
With the way they had them all there for its first season, I think the anime was only really meant to give a preview for the manga and entice people to come read it. Honestly, they could have done a 25-26 episode season for the white-haired guy we saw at the end there, but I dunno why they didn't.

I considered Senran Kagura, but then Masako X gave it an Anifail on Anifile and I passed.

I see. I really think they should have, because even if it would have been still just an advertisement, at least more people would think the anime is at least decent.

I haven't heard of that. And looking it up, I'll probably forget about it within the next 2 days. I learned that I can't really pay attention to video reviews some time ago, so I didn't really play any of them there.

You know what I think would make Senran Kagura better? I did mention it because ecchi came up, I think it would be better if it was ecchier. :3

I think I'd be pretty hard to make something that seems that generic all that well, and uh, considering the reason it's source material exists, I'm surprised it really isn't ecchier than it is.

I think it's time I updated my manga list. I'm not really up to date with 2 of them (you can probably guess at least one of them) but well, yeah.

1. Hayate no Gotoku!
2. Arata Kangatari
3. Saki
4. Mahou Sensei Negima!
5. Date a Live

I know that last one shouldn't last. The rest have 100+ chapters while that one has 6.

I see. I really think they should have, because even if it would have been still just an advertisement, at least more people would think the anime is at least decent.

I haven't heard of that. And looking it up, I'll probably forget about it within the next 2 days. I learned that I can't really pay attention to video reviews some time ago, so I didn't really play any of them there.

I concur.

And it's sort of an underground thing. You'd only know about it if you're really into Abridged series; I'm really familiar with MasakoX from Naruto Abridged and DBZ Abridged and that led me to check out his channel where he had all these anime reviews.

And it's sort of an underground thing. You'd only know about it if you're really into Abridged series; I'm really familiar with MasakoX from Naruto Abridged and DBZ Abridged and that led me to check out his channel where he had all these anime reviews.

Makes sense, I'm only really up to date with Yu-Gi-Oh!

I have no idea why I pretty much always tend to type Yu-Gi-Oh! properly.

I've actually been getting back into Naruto, the anime though. Don't mind me, I haven't really read the manga and I like pretty much all filler. Even if by the time the Zanpakutō thing happened in Bleach, I could tell it was getting dragged out quite a bit. I say this because I realize I haven't mentioned it yet, and I may as well since I'm just about to watch an episode.

I'm enjoying it and not surprised at who your favorite character is,

You saying I like dudes? My fave in the anme was actually Yuu...or Yosuke...don't remember which I liked more. Kanji's my fave in the game.

but you should seriously hear how he says "Velvet Room" again.

I couldn't find it. Only ended up watching a 9 minute clip from the OVA, No One Is Alone (or in other words true ending) and it was glorious.

It's in the first six seconds of almost every episode. I don't know HOW somebody adds like three letters to "Room," even if it's Engrish.

The main character in the anime....
He's sort of empty to me. Only because I think there's a bit of self-insertion that's supposed to be done, considering the beginning of every episode.

It's in the first six seconds of almost every episode. I don't know HOW somebody adds like three letters to "Room," even if it's Engrish.

Our beloved Engrishamaru has many problems in of itself.

The main character in the anime....
He's sort of empty to me. Only because I think there's a bit of self-insertion that's supposed to be done, considering the beginning of every episode.

It actually felt to me when I watched it that it kind of parodied that fact in the game. As a character himself he's kind of empty yet more open to just simply go along with the flow and more hilarious things. I suppose one example would be when he and Yosuke were kicked into the water and he had a blank unemotional face or the group date in which he stared longingly into Yosuke's eyes yet still having that blank face. I also don't think he actually has a whole lot of dialogue compared to the others since it's being pretty accurate to the game (although I picked Kanji-kun in the game so I don't know how the Yosuke reaction was) and you're not really going to get super involved but more or less say something every so often.

I noticed that about him, too. That's what I meant by him being empty. I meant he was pretty blank and not really assertive whatsoever, but I also thought giving that feeling was some of the point of his character.

Besides Persona, I'm only watching those moe slice of life and comedies like Tamako Market or A Channel. I don't get to watch Shiki much, but I'm actually really enjoying it. To the point where I look forward to watching it and actually prefer it to talking to somebody on the bus ride home. Most of the time I'm hoping they'll leave me alone in my mind. Anime is more important than a social life, of course.

I noticed that about him, too. That's what I meant by him being empty. I meant he was pretty blank and not really assertive whatsoever, but I also thought giving that feeling was some of the point of his character.
Oh, well, yeah, it's definitely the point.

Besides Persona, I'm only watching those moe slice of life and comedies like Tamako Market or A Channel. I don't get to watch Shiki much, but I'm actually really enjoying it. To the point where I look forward to watching it and actually prefer it to talking to somebody on the bus ride home. Most of the time I'm hoping they'll leave me alone in my mind. Anime is more important than a social life, of course.

Crap, I forgot I was gonna watch it with Kaka. Oh well. How is A Channel? I think I tried checking it out but had to do something else. Although I don't think I actually care much for Moe Slice of life. Wait, wha'ts a life?

Since I liked it I suppose I can give a small opinion on A Channel. It's generic but I found it pretty funny. It's one of those things that it wouldn't have mattered (to me) if I had watched it while airing or not, but it was one of the first anime I watched while airing. It would probably still be better if you got another opinion, since it falls into my favorite genre.

Archived