MLP FiM :D

Sleepy

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the fourth EQG movie's up online....

[spoiler thoughts]

- Probably my second favourite after rainbow rocks, but from an objective standpoint, probably the best one yet.

- Didn't seem to struggle with its runtime like the last one did, pacing was much better.

- More of a character piece than an action film, the villain showed up late on, and the fight was nothing that special.

- The characters were great. Of course, twilight and Sunset were the mains again, but the other at least felt relevant this time.

- people actually shared their feeling a lot more, leading to fewer plot points being cause by bad communication and misunderstandings (twilight being the exception).

- Flash Sentry actually has a character, and chats with Sunset about stuff they should have discussed 2 films ago.

- Songs are generally very good, and the last one before the credits may be the best EQG song yet.

- Clever and subtle (by EQG standards) nod to the elements of harmony having doubles in the human world, and the intriguing promise of another mystery down the line.

- In other news, rarity still makes hideous clothes, the gang still make weird faces, the heavy handed call-backs to the previous films are still there, and the writers are still terrible at writing love interests for Twilight, but those are my only real complaints.

- Really hopes this makes enough money for a fifth film, because this one kinda ends on a cliffhanger.

Can I just say that I loved how genuinely funked up this episode was?

The moment I saw that Starlight essentially put the others under mind control I had to pause the DVR and shout, "You fools! You know what the fandom will do with this kind of material! Why!? Oh dear, sweet Celestia why!?"

So, the fourth EQG movie's up online....

I thought the fourth EQG movie was going to have a limited release time in theaters?

Or has that already passed?

Or, more likely, I'm mistaken . . . .

i still find it hard for me to watch the 1st Equestria girls movie after rainbow rocks cuz of how adorable Sunset is as a protagonist rather a antagonist 

Same here, despite it being how I got into MLP in the first place. It's not that good of a movie and I much rather prefer watching EQG 2 or 3; or episodes from the series, naturally.

So, I was reading the comments section of S6E22, and apparently everyone thinks that honesty means you can't misinterpret anything.

Wow, really?

Because . . . . no . . . . it doesn't.

Honest

[on-ist]

adjective

honorable in principles, intentions, and actions; upright and fair:
an honest person.
showing uprightness and fairness:
honest dealings.
gained or obtained fairly:
honest wealth.
sincere; frank:
an honest face.
genuine or unadulterated:
honest commodities.
respectable; having a good reputation:
an honest name.
truthful or creditable:
honest weights.

At what point does the definition say you can't misinterpret things?

Basically the Element of Honesty means Applejack will always be truthful, respectable, and not cheat.

Archived