MLP FiM :D

Sleepy

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Quibble's cutie mark? A dialogue bubble?

Yeah it's a dialogue bubble.

Also oddly enough this is the episode that sold me on the idea of having Daring Do be "real" inside the MLP Universe. Beforehand I always preferred the idea of that entire Daring Do episode playing out as a day dream or something.

Yeah it's a dialogue bubble.

Also oddly enough this is the episode that sold me on the idea of having Daring Do be "real" inside the MLP Universe. Beforehand I always preferred the idea of that entire Daring Do episode playing out as a day dream or something.

It make more sense and fun if they did that and having a gag in each of those episodes being hijacked like Pinkie and Fluttershy did

And thus why we love/despise him. He is the fandom incarnate.

Dunno' why you could dislike him. I mean, he's a tongue-in-cheek reference to "true fans", sure, but I don't see how it's offensive in any way, as they didn't exactly portray him in any negative sense. Unless you chose to view his cynicism as a negative point, or something similar, despite the fact his insight on the entire situation that he, Dash, and Doo were in was honestly impressive and gave them quite an advantage over everything, despite his snarky commentary(which I found to be quite funny, over how correct he was).

He's like a more sarcastic Deadpool, really.

Yeah to be honest, it wasn't a great episode. It is almost the only one this season where I've had both the time and memory to come  watch it this early, and I've been liking this season a ton so far. Though a couple minutes in and I already knew where this was going, and they didn't make any sort of new twist to it. All too predictable.

[spoiler=spoiler]

Cheerilee let Rarity & co. off the hook too easily when pointing out how they were the only adults driving, all for the sake of the episode going on as it did.

The other obvious route would have been if the CMC had found a way to sneak and trade places without being found out, but that'd be odd and... obvious, as well.

There's a clash where the M6 sometimes are extremely understanding to the point where there'd hardly be able to be an argument, and sometimes are as dense as this.

I've noticed there's a little pattern which isn't present in all episodes but it has appeared often enough lately.

When the problem is more slice-of-life, they'll take the vast majority of the episode to keep building up issues, and then leave 4 minutes for the resolution. It is usually incredibly close to the 4 minutes mark, ending song included. I might re-watch episodes to get a little more accurate with my claim when I have more time.

I'm not always too satisfied with how things get resolved. The repairs needed seemed big and they had spent hours working on this already, but now they seem to magically get back up after the CMC speak their minds. Then this was "all right" in the end but in the opposite way I would have preferred.

-The CMC got their day fixed and could seamlessly participate regardless, and all other adults got punished by not being even passengers this time around because of what RD, AJ, and Rarity pulled. Not to mention everybody else had their cars destroyed as well, but they just had to re-build without having necessarily learned any lesson, it was just a bad moment for them.

-I would have expected the CMC to have spoke their minds, and skip the second chance altogether. It was realistically too late for them if things would have flowed naturally. Not having acted in time is also a valuable experience to remember and keep in mind for future events like this. Sometimes a day just doesn't turn out the way we want it to, and also sometimes it is something we can actually influence, like this one. The cars from the other kids being destroyed is just plot convenience to force the "do over".

Also, the constructing parts are weird in the sense that, they all got notified the day before and are expected to get an adult out of their busy life schedule on such short notice and finish up something like constructing a go car in a day. This is a nit-pick but I would have setup the episode with a more reasonable one week time frame from announcement to racing day. Then, if they insisted in the "do over" resolution, it wouldn't have been on the same day things got screwed over. They had some passage of time from early morning to about noon in their lighting effects, they should have gone into a more orangey afternoon sky during the car crash scene and then back to noon-sky during the do-over to hint at it.

Dunno' why you could dislike him. I mean, he's a tongue-in-cheek reference to "true fans", sure, but I don't see how it's offensive in any way, as they didn't exactly portray him in any negative sense. Unless you chose to view his cynicism as a negative point, or something similar, despite the fact his insight on the entire situation that he, Dash, and Doo were in was honestly impressive and gave them quite an advantage over everything, despite his snarky commentary(which I found to be quite funny, over how correct he was).

He's like a more sarcastic Deadpool, really.

Oh I don't dislike him. I personally find him hilarious.

But y'know there is going to be that one guy . . .

While the morale was pretty meh, I do love the fact that they pretty much added the equivalent of a zombie apocalypse to MLP.

Completely agree.

After, nay, Hell, while I was watching the episode I began to think to myself, "Why does this seem so familiar?"

Of course it hit me this is almost a revamp of "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" but handled just slightly better.

Archived