Team Fortress 2

Bull3tM0nk3y

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1344967731' post='6007232']
Sniper, Pyro, and Spy were in the comic, though....
Either way, I'm betting players will be able to play as the Bots, which sorta' defeats the purpose >__>
[/quote]
I think the only way to play as the bots is to mod the game. Normally I'm expecting it to play something like a horde/survival mode.

Anyway, Sniper, Pyro, and Spy are naturally playable. Merc update shows that
http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/mercs/

Also
http://media.steampowered.com/apps/tf2/tobor/upgrade_ui.jpg

Mann vs. Machine is the most fun I've had playing TF2 in a long time. And that's saying something, since I've had fun and have never gotten bored of TF2 since I started playing in October.

We should gather together and play a round together. I'm sure there are 6 of us here on YCM who play TF2.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345105035' post='6008017']
I just used the server browser and had little to no trouble.
[/quote]
I tried that and none worked. When I tried the normal way I was put in a lobby and waited for like 30 min. I had something to read so it worked out but until the wait time becomes more normal I can't really play. But again, this happens with new game modes.

As I explained on another forum:
[quote=Shradow]I got auto-banned after when I reached 10 infraction points after calling someone a dumb***.

Before that I had gotten 6 unjust infraction points, which were total bull. When a thread had been derailed with ponies and Spiderman, I decided to bring up the Gary Oak meme, so I posted [url="http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/082/816/1289690206636.jpg"]this[/url] picture, and got 6 infraction points for posting "Offensive Content".[/quote]

Anyways, [url="http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shradow"]dis be me[/url]. I already have you, Tenta, and FD on my list, so potentially we only need 2 more. Indi might be able to join us, as even though he's in the UK he's played with me on American servers plenty in the past, so we might only need 1 more.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1345161488' post='6008532']
So yea, spy, sniper, and pyro aren't that good in this mode. Not sure about Scout since I haven't played him yet.

Demo and Heavy have been really good. Especially Heavy.

Speaking of Heavy random drop gave me a hat and the fire minigun. YAY random.
[/quote]

Scout's all about collecting the money.

Spy is actually extremely useful.

Sapping Medics and screwing over Giants is in no way useless. And Pyro's airblast can be a lifesaver in later waves.

Engineer is probably the best though.

[quote name='Ice.' timestamp='1345162280' post='6008549']
Scout's all about collecting the money.

Spy is actually extremely useful.

Sapping Medics and screwing over Giants is in no way useless. And Pyro's airblast can be a lifesaver in later waves.

Engineer is probably the best though.
[/quote]
Thing is I just find him to be low impact. Sure sapper is nice but I still don't know how to sap a large group and demo can already kill the octoheavy's medics.

Yea, I was going to use Scout to get the upgrade achievments.

Pyro is ok, but I find the airblasts to be, again, to low impact, and getting you can only sneak up on people near the start of the game.

And that is why they have the bot that eats sentries. Speaking of, I go the achievment of move the gear out of the way of the explosion without being near my stuff or even being able to move it in the first place.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345162412' post='6008554']
What? Pyro is freaking amazing in MvM.

Sniper's really the only one who's not that useful, due to the sheer amount of enemies.
[/quote]
Yea, Sniper needs to get some new upgrades for his stuff to be good. Maybe something to increase charge rate and damage.

The Sentry Busters are quite easy to outwit, but you can really only save one building if they're all close together.

Wait for Sentry Buster to walk up to you.
When Sentry Buster pauses to charge the explosion, pick up your building.
Run with an explosion behind you like out of an action movie.

I love playing Pyro.

Damage upgrade
Ammo upgrade
Heal on kill upgrade
Move speed upgrade.
Maybe health and resistance upgrades, I don't know how much you'd be able to afford.

BAM, you're practically a god. This Phlog is also monstrous.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345163647' post='6008578']
I love playing Pyro.

Damage upgrade
Ammo upgrade
Heal on kill upgrade
Move speed upgrade.
Maybe health and resistance upgrades, I don't know how much you'd be able to afford.

[/quote]

That has nothing to do with Pyro though.

Any class is a god if you do that set-up. You can still lose though.

Pyro IS useful with Airblast and for softening up groups, but there are other classes with much more priority.

Play on Mann Up sometime, Pyro's are pretty much useless unless they camp the point and airblast.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345170119' post='6008732']
Me saying that had nothing to do with his usefulness, I was just saying it's fun.

You're really downplaying the Pyro's usefulness with your statement, but that's besides the point.
[/quote]

It is fun. That on Heavy is unstoppable.

And eh, he's useful in normal games and against certain waves. Stuff like Steel Gauntlets destroy him.

Honestly I think an ideal team at this point is

1 Engineer
1 Spy (for slowing down Giants and medics, I swear this is useful)
1 Medic
1 Heavy (Brass Beast)
1 Demo for Kritz stickies
1 Scout for money.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345163647' post='6008578']
The Sentry Busters are quite easy to outwit, but you can really only save one building if they're all close together.

Wait for Sentry Buster to walk up to you.
When Sentry Buster pauses to charge the explosion, pick up your building.
Run with an explosion behind you like out of an action movie.

I love playing Pyro.

Damage upgrade
Ammo upgrade
Heal on kill upgrade
Move speed upgrade.

[/quote]
Wait, why haven't I seen the move speed upgrade? Looks like I need to get back on MvM.

[quote name='Ice.' timestamp='1345170834' post='6008755']
It is fun. That on Heavy is unstoppable.

And eh, he's useful in normal games and against certain waves. Stuff like Steel Gauntlets destroy him.

Honestly I think an ideal team at this point is

1 Engineer
1 Spy (for slowing down Giants and medics, I swear this is useful)
1 Medic
1 Heavy (Brass Beast)
1 Demo for Kritz stickies
1 Scout for money.
[/quote]
While I do think the Brass Beast is best (made a new load out for it too) I actually like the fire mini gun since a Heavy that gets surrounded by Scounts just kind of dies.

Move speed, health, resistance upgrades and stuff like that are on the class tab. The primary weapon is actually the second tab. (It took me a couple games to realize...)

On Ice's list, replace Spy with Pyro and that's my ideal team. And since the Mann Up missions aren't harder than the Advanced missions it's not like Pyro suddenly becomes less useful.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345174646' post='6008824']
Move speed, health, resistance upgrades and stuff like that are on the class tab. The primary weapon is actually the second tab. (It took me a couple games to realize...)

On Ice's list, replace Spy with Pyro and that's my ideal team. And since the Mann Up missions aren't harder than the Advanced missions it's not like Pyro suddenly becomes less useful.
[/quote]
O_0

<3 this mode.

And yea, vs Scout army pyro is god.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345174646' post='6008824']
And since the Mann Up missions aren't harder than the Advanced missions it's not like Pyro suddenly becomes less useful.
[/quote]

But they are...?

Either way though, I finally finished Coal Town yesterday with a group of randoms.

Me as Engineer, one Medic, one Heavy, one Demo, one Soldier and one Pyro.

Oh god were we ecstatic when we got our s*** together and destroyed in the last wave.

And that Pyro was hella useful with crits canteens and Phlog. Without him I doubt we would have passed Wave 5's tank since everybody was focusing on the Heavy/Medic except for me.

Unless everyone over on the Steam forums who have been preaching that there's no gameplay differences between Mann Up and free play (I got yelled at when I asked because the question had been asked abunch before) to shut up the whiners is wrong, they're not different.

And I doubt people would be saying "Advanced/Mann Up" when talking about the same mission if they were different.

Granted, there are difficulties different from Normal and Advanced, but you can get those in normal games as well. I'm saying there's no differences between normal/Mann Up missions of the same difficulty.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1345227277' post='6009302']
Unless everyone over on the Steam forums who have been preaching that there's no gameplay differences between Mann Up and free play (I got yelled at when I asked because the question had been asked abunch before) to shut up the whiners is wrong, they're not different.

And I doubt people would be saying "Advanced/Mann Up" when talking about the same mission if they were different.

Granted, there are difficulties different from Normal and Advanced, but you can get those in normal games as well. I'm saying there's [b]no differences between normal/Mann Up missions of the same difficulty.[/b]
[/quote]

But they are.

Mann Up waves are static and aren't randomized while normal ones are.

So normal missions COULD be easy by this effect, while Mann Up ones are designed to be difficult as f***.

also finished coaltown today.

Time to use the other 4 tickets that Strange Bazaar Bargain got me.

Archived