Team Fortress 2

Bull3tM0nk3y

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1344151101' post='5997917']
The recipes make little sense (except the Pyro's), but at least the weapons are balanced (though the Pyro's is underwhelming). Glad to see Valve hasn't lost its edge since Pyromania.
[/quote]
The pyro one is good since jarate and mad milk count as making someone "wet". So if you have someone on the team to support you the melee is actually good. Side from that its useable on 2Fort right?

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1344151101' post='5997917']
The recipes make little sense (except the Pyro's), but at least the weapons are balanced (though the Pyro's is underwhelming). Glad to see Valve hasn't lost its edge since Pyromania.
[/quote]

>fire minigun
>balanced

It's a direct counter to almost all of Heavies hard counters aside from Sniper.

That s*** is ridiculous on Payload.

The Sniper is the only Hard Counter the Heavy's got. Maybe the Engineer too, it depends.

A Spy, the class most affected by it, can literally jump over the ring of fire and stab the Heavy without getting caught on fire, quite easily I might add. You can also walk in and stab the Heavy without catching on fire if you time the fire pulses. It's only hard to fight if you're an idiot.

It has a minor upside for a suitable downside. It's annoying if you don't know how to fight it, but it's balanced.

At the range the fire is of any consequence, he could just shoot you to death in an instant, no matter which minigun he'd be using.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1344221667' post='5998423']
The Sniper is the only Hard Counter the Heavy's got. Maybe the Engineer too, it depends.

A Spy, the class most affected by it, can literally jump over the ring of fire and stab the Heavy without getting caught on fire, quite easily I might add. You can also walk in and stab the Heavy without catching on fire if you time the fire pulses. It's only hard to fight if you're an idiot.

It has a minor upside for a suitable downside. It's annoying if you don't know how to fight it, but it's balanced.

At the range the fire is of any consequence, he could just shoot you to death in an instant, no matter which minigun he'd be using.
[/quote]

Actually no, Spy can also be considered a pretty damn big hard counter. Others include Pyros that can strafe, Engineers to a very small extent, Scouts that know how to play and a soldier with height advantage and decent aim. The jumping thing I did not know about, however.

You also have to take into effect that backstabbing while jumping is f***ed up and if the Heavy isn't a retard he'd be moving, so you'd probably end up getting knocked into the fire anyways. The downside is also nonexistent as ammo is never a problem unless you're stupid and fire everywhere.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm using Snipe more then Spy anyways.

Pyros that can strafe? If the Heavy is braindead, maybe. Any half-decent Heavy chews through Pyros like candy. Heavy is the Pyro's Hard Counter, if you think it's the other way around your opponents suck.

Spies only counter non-observant Heavies. They're soft counters at best, but only because the Heavy is slow. Observation is the hard counter to Spies and if the Heavy has it then you're screwed.

With Soldiers, Demos, and Scouts, it's all about skill level. They're all on even footing, mostly.

And stabbing while jumping is as easy as stabbing while walking; if you miss and fall into the flames then that means you failstabbed and most likely would've done so even if you didn't have to jump.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1344228749' post='5998539']
Pyros that can strafe? If the Heavy is braindead, maybe. Any half-decent Heavy chews through Pyros like candy. Heavy is the Pyro's Hard Counter, if you think it's the other way around your opponents suck.

Spies only counter non-observant Heavies. They're soft counters at best, but only because the Heavy is slow. Observation is the hard counter to Spies and if the Heavy has it then you're screwed.

With Soldiers, Demos, and Scouts, it's all about skill level. They're all on even footing, mostly.

[b]And stabbing while jumping is as easy as stabbing while walking; if you miss and fall into the flames then that means you failstabbed and most likely would've done so even if you didn't have to jump.[/b]
[/quote]

@Bold: The hitboxes are f***ed man. It only works if you crouch jump (which I assume everybody does) but even then it can get easily screwed.

Let me fix that, a Pyro with the Backburner that can strafe. Well, that was the case before the damage nerf. Dunno about now.

And what fuckhead backstabs a Heavy that isn't reved up and pre-occupied? "Observant" only works when they aren't busy holding down M1.

Point is, every weapon in this update is cool but the RyuHabuyasa or whatever the hell it's called is ridiculous.

On Payload.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1344233331' post='5998592']
The Backburner never got a damage nerf.

But it doesn't matter the flamethrower, if a strafing Pyro burns a Heavy to death then that is a terribad/idle Heavy (obviously assuming he's not near death or something prior to the fight).
[/quote]

Yeah my bad, the regular Flame got buffed.

A strafing Pyro that gets crits from the Backburner can chew through a Heavy like 70% of the time.

Of course, I'm talking about when a Heavy is busy firing away at a crowd. Not a Pyro going up against a lone Heavy that isn't pre-occupied. My whole point was that the fire is a nice little watchdog for the Heavy while he's busy doing other stuff.

Note that this link:
[url="http://www.teamfortress.com/tobor/"]http://www.teamfortress.com/tobor/[/url]

Is 403 forbidden, not 404 not found...

Over at the Steam Forums we think it's becuase we figured out the ARG too fast so Valve isn't ready, but who knows. XP

Either way...
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9kxjZhtO1qd2avno1_500.gif[/img]

That has received mixed reviews, honestly I don't see any harm it's doing, if anything I'd like some small rewards for completing certain achievements in it, Like I dunno hats or something.

Still It should be awesome.

Also noticed Demy wielding a shotty, Valve giving us a hint possibly?

Archived