YCM Awards of 2011 (Discussions and Questions)

Fusion X. Denver

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Devil's Advocate

Please nominate Ser for just 3 Categoeries

I really hope J-Max said that knowing that the whole post was bullshit. That would be legitimately funny and fairly witty on J-Max's part. :3

I knew the whole post was Bullshit. I probably should have just not commented and let someone else take care of it.

Guest Konoe A. Mercury

I am Witty XD It's just that as a member of the Council, it's my duty to make sure things run smoothly lol

And you have the best ad for this ever :3

Hey, I feel compelled to ask, how would you run things differently?

You seem intent on complaining about the YCM Awards but you've never really explained what you'd do to make it better. And clearly since picking the host is a group effort, no one is going to trust you with hosting this thing if you hoard all that information to yourself. If you've got good ideas, share 'em.

Hey, I feel compelled to ask, how would you run things differently?

You seem intent on complaining about the YCM Awards but you've never really explained what you'd do to make it better. And clearly since picking the host is a group effort, no one is going to trust you with hosting this thing if you hoard all that information to yourself. If you've got good ideas, share 'em.

1) Kill everything.

2) Create categories that are actually interesting and/or funny rather than EVERYTHING SUNNY ALL THE TIME ALWAYS.

3) Allow voting for anything as long as it fits; things trend days/weeks/months/years after they happen.

4) Hilarity and fun times for all ensue! Perhaps a live awards ceremony over mumble podcast-style, recorded and uploaded later for all to enjoy.

I just wanted to quote Black and say no repeatedly but that works too Dark.

How would I win? Seriously, I want to hear this. Where's the advantage in going with your list? I'm not going to change but I still want to hear this.

Voting for people you want to win, and having them win, makes you feel good (and consequently win in the process)! Therefore, if everyone votes for my list, then it will win 100%, and so will all of us. Ta-da!

1) Kill everything.

2) Create categories that are actually interesting and/or funny rather than EVERYTHING SUNNY ALL THE TIME ALWAYS.

3) Allow voting for anything as long as it fits; things trend days/weeks/months/years after they happen.

4) Hilarity and fun times for all ensue! Perhaps a live awards ceremony over mumble podcast-style, recorded and uploaded later for all to enjoy.

I think the intention is to actively gauge, y'know, who the forum thinks the best male and female members are, or who the best cardmaker is, et cetera. I agree, some interesting and funny categories would lighten the mood and maybe add some fun to this apparently srs business, but the main point of these awards is to take a poll of, out of sixty or seventy or eighty members voting, who is the best ___. Live awards ceremony would be cool, though it would require Skype or something similar (not everyone in this world has access to a microphone, sadly).

How about instead of senselessly killing everything and taking all of the seriousness out of this, you request some laid-back categories to use for next time? I'd personally love to see more comedy-based things in the YCM Awards, but once the comedy starts to control the thread, it becomes stale. We need to find a balance of the two, not just pick one side of the spectrum and stick to it.

1) Kill everything.

I think the intention is to actively gauge, y'know, who the forum thinks the best male and female members are, or who the best cardmaker is, et cetera. I agree, some interesting and funny categories would lighten the mood and maybe add some fun to this apparently srs business, but the main point of these awards is to take a poll of, out of sixty or seventy or eighty members voting, who is the best ___. Live awards ceremony would be cool, though it would require Skype or something similar (not everyone in this world has access to a microphone, sadly).

How about instead of senselessly killing everything and taking all of the seriousness out of this, you request some laid-back categories to use for next time? I'd personally love to see more comedy-based things in the YCM Awards, but once the comedy starts to control the thread, it becomes stale. We need to find a balance of the two, not just pick one side of the spectrum and stick to it.

It's not even serious, it's just sugar coated to insanity because if everything isn't rated for ages 3 and up then someone's cat dies.

Oh no, I talked about death!

Honestly, scrap the whole thing. You can re-select some various forum-based awards but anyone good enough doesn't shouldn't care about these anyway. Why not choose something less ambiguous that forms a clearer vision in the heads of the members? They don't have to be the same month to month either, you could pick something unique etc.

I'm not hating the players, I'm hating the game. Because it sucks.

You lost the game.

I had already mentioned that we should get some cooler awards and such so I do agree with that a bit. Dark pretty much took all the words out of my mou-er...keyboard.

Anyway, your list is mostly sh*t to me.

Best Male Member: Alfred (crazy nick atm)

Who?

Best Female Member: Larxene (<3)

Meh.

Best Moderator: Frunk (obligatory because I'm able to post this)

Meh.

Best Super Moderator: There is a difference? I thought errybody merged.

Best Tutorial: Draco's Awesome Man Tutorial (Album) (Thread)

Most Helpful: Welche

Not too familiar with the guy.

Most Polite: Poc

Who?

Best Section: Debates (it's a trick question because there are no good forums, tip of the hat to anyone who gets the reference wag of the finger to anyone who's a jerk about it)

Never in there.

King/Queen of Realistic Cards: Go away.

I see nothing wrong with this one.

King/Queen of Pop Culture Cards: see above

King/Queen of Any Other Cards: see above

King/Queen of Written Cards: see above

King/Queen of Card Contests: see above

Again, I see nothing wrong.

Best Set: Chaos Beasts

What?

Best Cardmaker: Zyzzyx

Who? I avoided voting in those ones for a reason.

Best Writer/Fanfiction: Umbra

Never read any of his work.

Best Role Player: Crab Helmet

Never saw her roleplay.

Best Role Play:

King/Queen of Deck Design: Nauske

Who?

King/Queen of TCG: Byak

Who? Again these last two sections aren't things I touch.

King/Queen of Graphics: Kigzmachine

Who?

Best Shop: [DRACO] Tercio De Muerte [LUX]

What? Again, I obviously don't touch these things. Oh sh*t I really am beginning to sound like a status hermit.

Favorite Game Thread: Exercise Thread

What? I just avoid the game section altogether.

Best Club/Organization: Graphic Designers

Seriously? Really? Why the hell would I want to vote for that club? I'm not in it. I'm not a "graphic designer."

Best Debater: Chaos Pudding

Wouldn't know. Actually I wouldn't know a lot of these things.

Most Active Member: This is a terrible award.

You're a terrible person.

Friendliest Member: This is also a terrible award.

You say that because you wouldn't win it. See above.

Friendship Award: Pikachu (I hope he never changed his username)

Seriously? I haven't seen this guy for years and we weren't too close. Not enemies but just not that close.

Best New Member: Me

I don't seem to like you much. Just saying.

Rising Star: What is this pointless extra category? Same thing.

Actually, I agree with that.

Most Devoted Member: Draco Straybyrn

Huh? What? How?

Best Username: Marblezone

Not a bad name. just not the best in my opinion. <----Take note of this.

Funniest Member: Pikaperson01

Pika is funny?

Most Unique Member: Requiring that this get an award is saying that everyone else is bland an uninteresting. You should feel ashamed of yourselves.

Only because I know we're the same species.

Smartest Member: See above, apply to intelligence.

Most Colorful Member: Tea Leaf

Not too familiar. With that person. Was a mod, right? Or is...? I'm not too familiar with this stuff.

Biggest Chatterbox: No, kill this.

I just think it needs a better name or something more suitable. Like give this to somebody who posts a lot or is excessively annoying. Then it'd be a joke thing and vote for somebody you don't like. The winner would pretty much be the dunce of YCM. Then the votes for Mars would be right. It's asking for your favorite status bar regular.

Most Likely to Rule the World: citricsquid

Seriously, who?

Most Respected Member: s/respected/feared/p

I think I put either Blu or WTFauKOrean. I don't fear them. They're awesome Wait. This is the internet. Da fuq is fear?

Most Likely to Succeed: Who cares? This is a forum, that's why you're here.

That applies to you.

Long story short, don't force your opinions on people. Because in my opinion yours kind of suck.

I'm not hating the players, I'm hating the game. Because it sucks.

You lost the game.

Why not hate both? Or what if the game is actually good and the player is an idiot?

Archived