YCM Awards of 2011 (Discussions and Questions)

Fusion X. Denver

I had already mentioned that we should get some cooler awards and such so I do agree with that a bit. Dark pretty much took all the words out of my mou-er...keyboard.

Anyway, your list is mostly sh*t to me.

Long story short, don't force your opinions on people. Because in my opinion yours kind of suck.

Why not hate both? Or what if the game is actually good and the player is an idiot?

You are clearly too new or too irrelevant to understand or appreciate anything I posted.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best New Member: Me

Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on that. Yet you seem to not be. And by the way, you have eyes, right? I'm clearly a new member. GAWSH!!!11!11!11!1 ttly new 2 dis forum u all lusers lolololol

Yeah, I'm just irrelevant. <_<

Or you're just to damn stupid to realize that I wouldn't give a f*ck if I even was "relevant."

Oh Draco, you trolling hard.

But seriously, I know you mean well and try to improve this forum in every way....but there are somethings that are best left alone. Of course this is just my opinion.

Finale, most of the people he voted for left a LONG time ago. Brush up on YCM History. XD

I'm being totally serious here. :)

Best Super Moderator: There is a difference? I thought errybody merged.

Nah, there are still Super Mods. Just check the Moderating Team if you still want to vote one of them.

Best Writer/Fanfiction: Umbra

I need a link to his fanfic for the vote to count.

Friendliest Member: This is also a terrible award.

HEY IT IS SO COOL AND I AM NOT JUST SAYING THAT CUZ I WON IT LAST TIME, I MEAN BRO, JUST THINK ABOUT IT.

Most Devoted Member: Draco Straybyrn

;)

You guys should seriously reconsider this whole process.

OKAY MAN, I'M ALL FOR IT, LET'S DO IT.

First step, put up or shut up.

If we need better awards, you got to put them out there, bro. IMPLANT THE IDEAS. You see, I would do this, but since I made up the majority of the new awards and you're solely disappointed in what I had to offer, I'm clearly not the best one behind the helm. And since you seem to be on a different wavelength than the rest of us, you're probably the only one who can do this (I believe in you).

THEN, what you got to do is get rallying support. You see, every time these come around, people vote on who hosts. But look! You've already got Dark on your side, that's one! You're already one step closer to the edge and I- to revitalizing these apparently sh*tty awards :D But yeah, this will probably be your hardest endeavor considering you pissed all over the event and ticked two people off (maybe more 0.0). BUT a lot can change in a year, so I won't count you out yet.

My final piece of advice as a host, be willing to do teamwork. Another tradition is letting people apply for a council, which deliberates over how to handle all the awards, what should go in/be taken out, brainstorming, that kind of thing. I found mine enlightening because I found 5 people who really wanted to help and had good ideas, so I pray you would find similar success when you attempt this.

You know what, screw it, you got me too.

EVERYONE VOTE WAHREIT FOR HOST NEXT TIME THESE HAPPEN.

I WANT TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO.

im_super_serial__2.png

Fusion! *Tears up* You're so so right!

Seriously Draco, if you ever host them then by all means scrap all these and put your personal favorites in there. But I believe that we are the closest Group of Council members sice the awards began (I'm not trying to "Sugar Coat" it. I'm deadly serious. Our joint PM Convo had a lot of Synergy to it and we managed to increase the overall Awards count to 40.

As I said, if you run them by all means use your own rules. I'm not pissed off, just a little annoyed that the 7 of us set this up and people seem to dislike it. There's Criticism and Trolling. Luckily for you, you're just the right side of Critism.

Let's enjoy the awards for what they are, a way to celebrate the achievements of the members here. One day I hope to host these and they will be just as great as they are now.

As I said, if you run them by all means use your own rules. I'm not pissed off, just a little annoyed that the 7 of us set this up and people seem to dislike it. There's Criticism and Trolling. Luckily for you, you're just the right side of Critism.

*shrug*

Can't win em all, bud.

Think there's a saying about being successful also means having haters, so Wahreit is actually bolstering our success with his cynicism.

THANK YOU WAHREIT <3

But seriously, I want this guy hosting next time.

Seriously.

Wow these have come around quick, I wasn't expecting them until closer to December. Oh well, the awards are great fun and look to be going well so far for you. Probably a good job I didn't get on the council now given how many have voted after a day (and that no-one has called me back about my home broadband yet... grr!!!)

After being nominated by several for Rising Star at the 2010, I would have taken being nominated again, but to be nominated in 3 categories is flabeergasting and humbling. 2 votes for most polite (f***ing idiots :D), 4 for best fanfic and 1 for most likely to succeed in later life. Thank you so much for that Clair-Chan. Wuv you :P

Thank you everyone who voted for me, genuinely means a lot. Will cast my voting momentarily.

Wahrheit knows better than I do that this forum will not deal with change. The Internet is quite conservative in that fashion, and trying to change something that a lot of people hold traditional and integral to General is not the smartest idea. People don't know you anymore, truthfully. They don't remember anything about the past because they weren't there. And before you go talking about your countless escapades rallying against the status quo, nobody cares anymore. Yes, a lot of us are great that you're back. A lot of us didn't have many chances to talk to you because we refused to join SXR you were gone for so long. That doesn't mean you can come back and try taking control of the forum, or even an apparently silly tradition that we have twice a year, every year. You know so well that gradual change is the best way to deal with members on this forum. So why the hell are you trying to kill one idea and institute another? Do you think anyone legitimately wants that? Even I don't want that, and I'm probably one of the few advocating for a more laid-back Awards thread.

So if you want to kill the whole thing and start it anew, that's great for you. Have fun rallying support and getting people to actually listen to you. Of the few active members that still remember you (and like you, for that matter), how many people take an active role in the YCM Awards? Two, maybe three? These people don't know you, and the way you're acting is just showing them that they clearly don't want to know you, either. If you slowly inject more frivolous award topics into the awards, in maybe two or three YCM Awards you'll pretty much have what you want. Nobody is opposed to making the thread less serious, but almost everyone is opposed to taking all seriousness away from these awards, regardless of how bullshit you think they might be. Sure, they're superficial awards at best, but do you think that matters? It sure has hell doesn't matter for the sixty plus people that vote here every time these things start.

How about - and tell me if this is a bad idea - instead of complaining about the retarded fashion these awards are done in, you tell us what kinds of awards you want. FXD even said himself, a ton of these awards are new, and if you apparently don't like them (which doesn't mean everyone doesn't, but okay) maybe he's not the best for the job. So what kinds of awards do you want, hmm? Sexiest Cardmaker? Is that good enough? Worst at Detecting Sarcasm? How about that one? Maybe I'm not the man for the job either (clearly), so why don't you shoot some ideas at us? It's a lot better than consistently whining without posting anything to actually show what you are talking about. Oh, and you want instant change? Fine, go private message MarbleZone asking him if you can run your own awards thread - maybe it can be called The Draconian Village Awards - and he'll be sure to say yes because he's so awesome. So run your own awards thread the way you want it to and we'll all have a conscious chance to see what the hell you're talking about, because a lot of us are a bit in the dark at the moment. And if your thread falls flat on its face, well, I think that makes a statement about what the members want.

I told you, I'll do it. Just tell me when to have the proposal ready for moderator approval.

And for the record, the forum will change as long as you're motivated enough. I'm the one that got it to, or had you already forgotten that?

PS: I didn't read your long post.

PPS: I'm probably not going to.

PPPS: It's okay if you're angry that I want to change things, it happens. So what if I flop it? Then you have a stronger argument for keeping it your nice sugar-coated kids celebration ceremony.

What he said.

All joking aside, I really would be interested in award ideas you had in mind, Wahreit. A few members have surprised me with some already.

And you don't need Mod approval, you need approval from the community.

And then your council helps approve the awards you've got.

I get to choose my own council? Oh, this will be fun. We'll bring back Ty, and Charlie, and Reece, and Marty.. the whole gang can join the party!

I get to choose my own council? Oh, this will be fun. We'll bring back Ty, and Charlie, and Reece, and Marty.. the whole gang can join the party!

Well you do, BUT tradition dictates you give everyone a fair chance to participate and let people apply to be on the council.

Then again, you're screwing tradition, so I guess yeah?

Wait, we're seriously letting him run the next YCM Awards?

I thought I clearly stated that we would let him run his own awards (The Draconian Village Awards) and see if it falls on its face or not.

Not to mention the next YCM Awards aren't for like five months and I want to see what ideas he has.

And if this is the case, he doesn't need community approval. He doesn't need to talk to any one of us - he runs it the way he wants to, no question. He just has to ask MarbleZone.

Wait, we're seriously letting him run the next YCM Awards?

I thought I clearly stated that we would let him run his own awards (The Draconian Village Awards) and see if it falls on its face or not.

Not to mention the next YCM Awards aren't for like five months and I want to see what ideas he has.

And if this is the case, he doesn't need community approval. He doesn't need to talk to any one of us - he runs it the way he wants to, no question. He just has to ask MarbleZone.

If it's his own thing, let him do it.

If he wants to do the YCM Awards, he's got to be elected.

Archived