Sugar Cube Corner [Reboot]: Bronies of YCM

Dementuo

• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, actual discussion time, what's your favorite reference made in MLP:FiM?

For me, it's anything to do with Future Twilight, because MLP + MGS is awesome.

My second favorite being when they dressed Doctor Whooves in a pear outfit. Because as we all know...

Discord. He's a HUGE referance to Star Trek's Q. Same voice actor, same sounds effects, powers, and more.

I want S4 to have an episode where he as a son.

I was gonna' make an image with some Power Ranger-based joke to it, when I came across this:
snips_and_snails_as_bulk_and_skull_by_ka
....It's just too perfect.

Discord. He's a HUGE referance to Star Trek's Q. Same voice actor, same sounds effects, powers, and more.

Thats more of an actor allusion, rather then a reference
But it's still equally as hilarious.

For me, it's anything to do with Future Twilight, because MLP + MGS is awesome.

Future Twilight's first appearance also has a very slight Terminator motif to it. Mostly, it's the way she first teleports in.

Anyway, as far as references and this series go~
My favorite is probably Secret of my Excess, as a whole. Mostly, they pull a bait-n-switch on the audience by having the episode gradually lead into a Godzilla reference, but then becomes King Kong out of nowhere.
Full episodes aside, though...
One of my favorites is when Dash first falls in love with reading, and then right after she has a sudden realization of what just happened- It's funny, because it's a nod to the fanbase in the sense that a lot of us wound up being part of it in a very similar manner; Wondering what was up with it, watching 1 episode, then suddenly watching the rest/becoming a fan.
Another of mine is likely this:
68030dz.jpg
It's so subtle, but it's so damn awesome.

Well of course it's awesome. He's The God*** Batman.

As for Future Twilight's teleporting in from the time spell, I've never seen Terminator, but it reminded me of when Snake decloaks like from the intro to MGS2, which is also what is used for his entrance in SSBB fights.

I've never seen Terminator-

Because YouTube lacks footage of the 1st movie/I can't find one of it, heres a clip from Movie #2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyNWN1MKu8I
And then Future Twilight's intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEBfzKNH_Jc
It's not exact, since, you know, the 1st is more electrical while the 2nd is more magical, but the whole wind effect into sparks into appearing in an orb of energy is quite similar, coupled with the fact Future Twilight's pose when she first appears is reminiscent of Arnold's pose when he first appears.

At least, the way I see it.
I mean, I also can see the similarities to Metal Gear as well, I'm just saying it also looks like Terminator.

I'd like to say somethings before we close it.

We have became good friends due to this post.

1582 pages. That must be a record.

We made new friends, and that's good enough. Even if this closes, and we never made a new theard, I'll be happy about the memories. Who knows, maybe TS, R, FS, RD, and AJ will join?

Archived