Sugar Cube Corner [Reboot]: Bronies of YCM

Dementuo

Not just any movie, Equestria Girls.

Where Twilight enters the "human" world and temporarily becomes a "human". I use quotations because it's pretty damn obvious that nobody in that world is human, because humans don't have technicolor skin and hair.

I recommend you check out the thread in the TV/Movie forum if you want more info.

• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, things in My life keep telling Me I should see Equestria Girls. I'm up to 2 strikes. 3, and I'm seeing it.
I'll explain later what I mean by "strikes", if your interested. And no, I don't know what 3 is, or if it's even going to be a thing yet. So I don't know. for sure.

Also KYM is being hilarious again:
[spoiler=Everything]
48b.png
236.png
268.gif
This one killed Me:
d22.gif[/spoiler]

the_dark_of_the_moon_rises_by_ironraptor

I remember during first season, some people commented how Applejack fitted Loyalty more than Dash, and Dash fitted Honesty more than Applejack. I think Applejack's virtue is Honesty, and her problem is Loyalty. Rainbow Dash the other way around.

For example:

I see Applejack siding with Gilda in Griffon the Brush Off if she was in the place of Dash. She would stubbornly be on the side of her old friend even if it meant going against her other friends.

If Dash was in the place of AJ in Spike at your service, she would have just told him bluntly to stop trying to help, that it was bothering her. Well, I guess this one would have been for the better, even if it hurt Spike.

>Saikano posts whole movie
>mfw, I see the 3 parts, and want to watch it
24c.gif
>Gave in
>Watched it
>mfw after
6c7.png

I'll be honest; For Me, it was like a 2nd Wreck-It Ralph, in the sense that I noticed EVERYTHING, like, every small detail, nod to fanbase, reference to other stuff, etc, and just enjoyed that movie that much more.

Overall, though, I absolutely loved it.

Since I found out that a recording of Equestria Girls (which would likely to be removed soon) was out, I had no choice but to put down my expectations and watch it.

And guess what. It was f******g amazing.

I have to agree with Armz, it was quite a 2nd Wreck it Ralph with the fan references. But at least humor with humans and references were balanced and not overused. They were actually hilarious or smart (Lunch Lady Granny Smith and Librarian Cherilee...). The one problem I have is that I want to see more of Flash Sentry. Pretty much he seems one-dimensional as a pretty boy who plays guitar. Since this is similar to Yugioh Bonds Beyond Time where the movie is somewhat canon to the main series, then Season 4 should have at least a few episodes of him as Royal Guard. The visuals were quite nice as Sunset Shimmer was actually an intimidating villain. It would be clearer and more of a goal to obtain the tiara and rule both worlds. I think it's believable went she left Celestia she wanted to gain power, possibly more powerful than ever, and in doing so she tries cheating her way after probably banishing herself in a fresh new world. But once more the fact she ignored the remnants of bonds and friendship still empowers the Mane 6 and thus defeated by a Deus Ex Machina. But I think her fate after being defeated is deserved and more better than being freaking vaporized.

But overall, I think the reason Hasbro made this movie to tackle the issue of high school. In high school you have many stereotypes and/or segregation based on interests. And pretty much you could say keeping the humans multi-colored shows some integration I guess later on in the movie. I think the moral is more pointed out to bronies that friendship extend on, and things/interests cannot be enforced on another by intimidation or bullying. People nowadays should have more accepting hearts and be more friendly to each other. And pretty much I glad with that, as well as this movie.

This movie pretty much cleared a lot of intolerance (I bet there may be still few), as well as paving the way for season 4. I truly loved it and if you are still having prejudice over the movie or not planning to see it:

750.gif

When I can find the movie in better quality, I'll watch it. I may be a stickler for quality in this case, but I'm also an exceedingly patient person.

I just find it odd that, given that I'm probably one of the only people who has wanted to watch it from the beginning, I'll probably be one of the last ones here to actually do so.

I still am really not interested into Equestria Girls, not because "oh wah wah it's the downfall of mlp" or anything like that, but by judging from the trailers and those hideous character designs it doesn't really stick out to me at all, maybe I might watch it but as of now I don't really plan on bothering with it.

Archived