Yu-Gi-Oh! Invasion of the Clear Brigade - Arc 1: Hunt for the "Numbers" [OOC: Not Started/Accepting]

Zextra

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you all be angry if i told you i have no idea what's going on in the duel and only know what's happening from what I read on shuffler & Zextra's posts? ;P

I'm really only reading that which my character would see.

Must. Outdo. Evilfusion.

It seems kind of strange to deliberately and specifically not read other posts simply because your character isn't present for the events, but I guess if you honestly have trouble keeping character and RPer knowledge separately, whatever works.

I usually skim other posts so I have an idea of what the other characters are doing.

What in the hell just happened.
Um, I hate to say this evilfusion, but... That kinda... ruins the main character a bit, if you know what I mean...
Unless you can think of some plot twist that prevents Kai from losing his numbers. =/ Honestly, I don't like it either, but I've the plot to consider.

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1318052733' post='5567509']
Um, I hate to say this evilfusion, but... That kinda... ruins the main character a bit, if you know what I mean...
Unless you can think of some plot twist that prevents Kai from losing his numbers. =/ Honestly, I don't like it either, but I've the plot to consider.
[/quote]

Setsuna can be a hero time?:3
Nothing says forging friendships like preventing girls from stealing your stuff?

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1318053030' post='5567513']
But Kai still loses. I mean, Kai losing is absolutely fine, it gives him a reason to go out Numbers Hunting (Kinda). But if Kai loses his Numbers, that defeats the purpose of him being... you know, the main character.
[/quote]
This is why duels should be planned out more...?
I really don't know how to help this...
What was left in his Graveyard?o_O''

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1318052733' post='5567509']
[/quote]

A few general rules of thumb when RPing with me. I should have remembered that not everyone is aware or follows them:

1) The result is never set in stone. Either player can win, unless the result is arranged and agreed upon ahead of time.

2) I am a firm believer that the protagonist losing an important duel helps the plot and their characters more than them winning ever could. This is especially true if there was something being wagered.

3) If my opponent rushes forward to win with a cheap move, I am obligated to throw a wrench into their plan. Honest is cheap, and I had 2 other facedowns. Pushing for a game-winning play like that is begging for a counter.

And claiming his Number was the whole reason Natalie wanted to duel him in the first place. I can't imagine why a Numbers Hunter would abandon the target after defeating him, without taking the prize she wanted, while knowing with certainty that he has it. And making a contrived excuse is usually bad writing, and is the only complaint I have about Zexal episode 14.

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1318053030' post='5567513']
But Kai still loses. I mean, Kai losing is absolutely fine, it gives him a reason to go out Numbers Hunting (Kinda). But if Kai loses his Numbers, that defeats the purpose of him being... you know, the main character.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right. Losing your Number to a Number Hunter absolutely destroys your role as the main character. What was I thinking? It's not like there's 100 of these cards or anything like that, with the plot premise being to track them down.

Dude, you're already using Photons and [i]Galaxy-Eyes[/i]. You got first dibs on those as one of the RP hosts, as well as first pick of Numbers. Is Number 17 [b]that[/b] important to you and your character? Unlike in Zexal, losing your Numbers doesn't kill your spirit partner.

On the plus side of the development, you'd learn Numbers are in high demand, Natalie would be viewed as a rival/antagonist you may have a more personal reason for confronting/interfering with, etc.

On my end, I already put in some development about how Natalie reacts to near-loss situations, so there's nothing further to be gained by making her lose at this time, and stripping her of her Number(s) WOULD negatively affect her character.

A very interesting question, Zex. How would YOU say that Numbers Hunters collect cards from their opponents? I'm may be going out on a limb, but I assume the Numbers Hunters AREN'T equipped with Photon Hands (although the irony of using Photon Hand on a Photon deck user would be highly amusing).

I personally came to the conclusion that Kaito (and Jin) use Photon Hand because Dr. Faker's a villain and has a secret use for the souls stolen, and told Kaito that taking souls are an unfortunate necessity. I believe Kaito acknowledged the method is excessive, and admits he has no idea what becomes of them. Astral absorbs Numbers because they're a part of him, but he can only do it when the person has been defeated in a duel.

Yuma verbally wagered his Numbers against Rikuo and Kaio, and the owner of Number 56 made a comment that he'd receive Kaito's Numbers when he won (he didn't). The fact Astral seems to ALWAYS start fading out during a Numbers duel when LP gets low (but not in other duels) has suggested that duels between Numbers are implied to be wagering them by default.

And I think I heard or read somewhere that there was an implication that Number 96 deliberately allowed his holder to lose by not revealing its effect because it wanted to pass hands.

So, I think physically taking the card after victory would be enough, and the Number would acknowledge that they have been won. We've yet to see an instance in Zexal where someone physically tried to steal another person's Number without defeating them in a duel, and Kaito made a comment that only duelists get possessed by Numbers cards, so I'm inclined to think that Numbers passing to a new owner after a duel is a natural thing for them.

Archived