Yu-Gi-Oh! Invasion of the Clear Brigade - Arc 1: Hunt for the "Numbers" [OOC: Not Started/Accepting]

Zextra

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1318131862' post='5569556']
Now I understand why Kaito steals souls of his victims! That way, they can't fight back when he takes their Numbers! *is shot repeatedly*
[/quote]
The credit for that goes to Dr. Faker :P

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1318133802' post='5569607']
Had to think about how to reply for a bit. I said her response to protests would depend on how they're worded, and it's a lot more difficult to justify any action to someone who says "What do you think you're doing?" or "Hey, you can't just take my cards".
[/quote]
I found your reply very intelligent in a situation like this. Props.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1318139235' post='5569749']
It's still a pretty good ability, one that no other card can really do.
[/quote]
Laggia's the only one that actually has an advantage when used with Freezerdon.
With anything else, you could just summon a 2nd copy of whatever it is (take Volcasaurus for instance - 2 Volcasaurus > 1 Volcasaurus + 1 Freezerdon)

Though I think Freezerdon's effect should essentially be a Fiendish Chain :P

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1318140906' post='5569779']
Laggia's the only one that actually has an advantage when used with Freezerdon.
With anything else, you could just summon a 2nd copy of whatever it is (take Volcasaurus for instance - 2 Volcasaurus > 1 Volcasaurus + 1 Freezerdon)

Though I think Freezerdon's effect should essentially be a Fiendish Chain :P
[/quote]
I think they need to make a Freezerdon from either the real or anime into a non-Xyz Monster effect.

That is only for the anime version, though. Laggia and Freezerdon in RL doesn't work. You could use Laggia's effect and send 1 of Freezerdon's Materials instead of Laggia's, but that leaves both with only 1 Material, and you can't activate Laggia's effect again, because if a cost cannot be paid under normal conditions, you can't activate the effect, even if you'd substitute the costs (Brain Research Lab can't add a counter instead of paying a Psychic Monster's LP cost if you don't have the LP to pay the cost normally).

Freezerdon is a plot-device Number, and nothing else. I believe it currently holds the distinction of "worst Number".

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1318141166' post='5569785']
That is only for the anime version, though. Laggia and Freezerdon in RL doesn't work. You could use Laggia's effect and send 1 of Freezerdon's Materials instead of Laggia's, but that leaves both with only 1 Material, and you can't activate Laggia's effect again, because if a cost cannot be paid under normal conditions, you can't activate the effect, even if you'd substitute the costs (Brain Research Lab can't add a counter instead of paying a Psychic Monster's LP cost if you don't have the LP to pay the cost normally).

Freezerdon is a plot-device Number, and nothing else. I believe it currently holds the distinction of "worst Number".
[/quote]
Oh, so either way you have to pay 2 Xyz Materials for Laggia? The way Freezerdon is worded makes it sound like you can detach one from it to substitute for Laggia's entire cost.

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1318141589' post='5569790']
Oh, so either way you have to pay 2 Xyz Materials for Laggia? [b]The way Freezerdon is worded makes it sound like you can detach one from it to substitute for Laggia's entire cost.[/b]
[/quote]
^^This, though it's confusing and I think I brought this up in the first place a while back. Freezerdon isn't horrible, it's just Xyz support.

Well, I'm not sure. I was basing it off an older translation, which said "you can detach 1 Material from this card instead of 1 Material from that monster" (or something like that). That translation had specifically stated that Freezerdon can sub 1 Material for 1 of the other monsters Materials.

At this time, only Evolzar Laggia and Evolzar Dolkka remove more than 1 Material for their effects.

Archived