Yu-Gi-Oh! Invasion of the Clear Brigade - Arc 1: Hunt for the "Numbers" [OOC: Not Started/Accepting]

Zextra

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1318056120' post='5567547']
A very interesting question, Zex. How would YOU say that Numbers Hunters collect cards from their opponents? I'm may be going out on a limb, but I assume the Numbers Hunters AREN'T equipped with Photon Hands (although the irony of using Photon Hand on a Photon deck user would be highly amusing).

I personally came to the conclusion that Kaito (and Jin) use Photon Hand because Dr. Faker's a villain and has a secret use for the souls stolen, and told Kaito that taking souls are an unfortunate necessity. I believe Kaito acknowledged the method is excessive, and admits he has no idea what becomes of them. Astral absorbs Numbers because they're a part of him, but he can only do it when the person has been defeated in a duel.

Yuma verbally wagered his Numbers against Rikuo and Kaio, and the owner of Number 56 made a comment that he'd receive Kaito's Numbers when he won (he didn't). The fact Astral seems to ALWAYS start fading out during a Numbers duel when LP gets low (but not in other duels) has suggested that duels between Numbers are implied to be wagering them by default.

And I think I heard or read somewhere that there was an implication that Number 96 deliberately allowed his holder to lose by not revealing its effect because it wanted to pass hands.

So, I think physically taking the card after victory would be enough, and the Number would acknowledge that they have been won. We've yet to see an instance in Zexal where someone physically tried to steal another person's Number without defeating them in a duel, and Kaito made a comment that only duelists get possessed by Numbers cards, so I'm inclined to think that Numbers passing to a new owner after a duel is a natural thing for them.
[/quote]

...That made perfect sense to me. o_o

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1318056120' post='5567547']
A very interesting question, Zex. How would YOU say that Numbers Hunters collect cards from their opponents? I'm may be going out on a limb, but I assume the Numbers Hunters AREN'T equipped with Photon Hands (although the irony of using Photon Hand on a Photon deck user would be highly amusing).

I personally came to the conclusion that Kaito (and Jin) use Photon Hand because Dr. Faker's a villain and has a secret use for the souls stolen, and told Kaito that taking souls are an unfortunate necessity. I believe Kaito acknowledged the method is excessive, and admits he has no idea what becomes of them. Astral absorbs Numbers because they're a part of him, but he can only do it when the person has been defeated in a duel.

Yuma verbally wagered his Numbers against Rikuo and Kaio, and the owner of Number 56 made a comment that he'd receive Kaito's Numbers when he won (he didn't). The fact Astral seems to ALWAYS start fading out during a Numbers duel when LP gets low (but not in other duels) has suggested that duels between Numbers are implied to be wagering them by default.

And I think I heard or read somewhere that there was an implication that Number 96 deliberately allowed his holder to lose by not revealing its effect because it wanted to pass hands.

So, I think physically taking the card after victory would be enough, and the Number would acknowledge that they have been won. We've yet to see an instance in Zexal where someone physically tried to steal another person's Number without defeating them in a duel, and Kaito made a comment that only duelists get possessed by Numbers cards, so I'm inclined to think that Numbers passing to a new owner is a natural thing for them.
[/quote]
I see - that was the thorough answer I was looking for; I guess that settles the method that you'll be using :P
Now, I have one more question for you if you don't mind: How will you explain to Kai that he owes you his Numbers - since it was never stated or implied in any way to him that the duel would automatically wager your Numbers, how do you think either you or him will respond?

As for Kaito's Photon Hand: It seems that he may not know what happens to them, but is able to give them back at will (as seen when he returned Shark's soul)

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1318056470' post='5567551']
I see - that was the thorough answer I was looking for; I guess that settles the method that you'll be using :P
Now, I have one more question for you if you don't mind: How will you explain to Kai that he owes you his Numbers - since it was never stated or implied in any way to him that the duel would automatically wager your Numbers, how do you think either you or him will respond?

As for Kaito's Photon Hand: It seems that he may not know what happens to them, but is able to give them back at will (as seen when he returned Shark's soul)
[/quote]

I personally envision Natalie picking it up off the ground and more or less acting presumptuous that it's "okay" for her to just do so despite the lack of an official wager. It's not quite the same as picking up someone's deck and taking one card of choice, since the Numbers are clearly part of a set, and she could probably brush off most arguments with the fact she's collecting them. It strongly depends on how any objections are worded.

The difference with Shark was that, in episode 13, Kaito squeezes the taken soul and it disappears, leaving only the Number card. Shark's soul didn't have a Number, and stayed in its sphere form, so it literally had no purpose. Dead weight, really. I don't think Kaito can do that with souls that did have Numbers.

Well, to MY knowledge, the RP opened with Kai and Kenta getting out of class, the former mentally wondering about the Number he and his bro both had. My character, Natalie, a Numbers Hunter at the school, happened to pass by and see the card, and challenged Kai to a duel under the initial premise of wanting a game. After Kai brought out Number 17, she brought out Number 30 to combat it, only to fall prey to Galaxy-Eyes. Despite this, she managed to win in the following turn, and claimed his Number.

Most other characters were watching this duel, but I'm aware that at least 1 other person is dueling Reina's Number Hunter in a (Turbo?) duel.

WOW I'm off for 24 hours and all THIS happens? WOW.

Anyway, so the last thing that happened was Nat just picking up Leviathan Dragon and taking it. Even if she hasn't talked of herself as a number hunter, don't you think the other characters would at least object to her just taking Kai's card? (I don't recall reading about him betting it or anything)

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1318119639' post='5569119']
WOW I'm off for 24 hours and all THIS happens? WOW.

Anyway, so the last thing that happened was Nat just picking up Leviathan Dragon and taking it. Even if she hasn't talked of herself as a number hunter, don't you think the other characters would at least object to her just taking Kai's card? (I don't recall reading about him betting it or anything)
[/quote]

The OOC thread had a discussion on that before. Yes, I would not be remotely surprised if other characters protest.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1318125776' post='5569309']

The OOC thread had a discussion on that before. Yes, I would not be remotely surprised if other characters protest.
[/quote]
Well that makes my next post easier. gimmeasecnao

EDIT: okay, post made, I'm just gonna go out a limb here and say that you could probably just avoid the question, evilfusion, then have her walk off without souta giving chase (but, still, it's an RP, you have a choice, just telling you you have that option)

Archived