Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1320619453' post='5622372']
.....but didn't 4Kids completely skip that episode? because i don't remember any other episodes when firearms were allowed
[/quote]

It was "The Case of the K-9 Caper". when Ash was training with Officer Jenny and her team of Growlithe.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1320664612' post='5623582']
It was "The Case of the K-9 Caper". when Ash was training with Officer Jenny and her team of Growlithe.
[/quote]
...now i wouldn't of thought of that, though to be fair, the firearm in question was [b]only[/b] in the opening scene, however it was not pointed at a person or fired

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1320556898' post='5620699']
[img]http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/K/KO/KOP/kopyrite/1135994386_itdub_gun1.jpg[/img]
I mean, what the hell is that supposed to be anyway?
[/quote]

[s]Gun[/s] Spring-Loaded Hammer. Problem? :P

That said, if you examine that scene in the 4Kids dub carefully, you'll see that they actually managed to miss a frame.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1320683900' post='5623828']

[s]Gun[/s] Spring-Loaded Hammer. Problem? :P

That said, if you examine that scene in the 4Kids dub carefully, you'll see that they actually managed to miss a frame.
[/quote]

They've done that several times in Yugioh 5D's. Instances include Akiza's cleavage.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1320716481' post='5625129']
And the wine glass her mom was holding was replaced with a glass of milk. They could've just colored th wine White to be milk instead of draw a new glass.
[/quote]
They honestly shouldn't have had to replace it at all. It could be me, but I really think 4Kids underestimates the maturity of their audience. I mean, "cactus milk", really?

[spoiler=What happened in Episode 5]Tokunosuke tells everyone all the goods at the candy store are half off because they're past the expiration date.

Tokunosuke's dub name is Flip. Understandable.

Astral figures out how to use the structure in the key.

Astral's Observation #8: Humans have ears but that does not mean they use them.

Cue to the shopping mall.

They cut "DUEL DISK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" from Yuma's duel ritual. So 4Kids is actually learning.

Astral: "Interesting. So Flip is a Flip Effect user."

Baby Tiragon is so cute. HD summoning is amazing.[/spoiler]

ZeXal was bad until nearly the end of S1 (excluding Volca/Freezer eps, Kaito's intro and maybe Jin pt.2), then got bad again at the start of S2.

I thought 4Kids was doing okay with 5D's for the last few episodes, so, while I didn't expect a masterpiece (Totally not intentional), I thought the ZeXal dub would at least be okay. I really didn't think they could do worse than the original with the worse episodes, and I liked the first 4, especially #2, but it seems it'll be slipping into stupidity from now...

The fact that they made the bad episodes worse really says something.

Season 2 is full of bad up to now.
Season 1 started kind of like a slice of life type of show with the sole goal of getting 99 specific cards without possibility of loosing against any.
Yeah, Jin, Kaito, and Ryoga episodes are the best of it.

My TV doesn't transmit 4Kids anymore for some reason (Nothing I can do if it was an American channel in a Mexican cable TV programming)
Although I haven't been impressed with the dubs anyways.

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1321163095' post='5636897']
I think the one good think about [s]Flip[/s] Toku is the fact that they don't have him sounding like a little kid, but more or less a midget with having a slightly deeper voice.

Although I am starting to miss his habit of saying [b]浦[/b] (ura) at the end of every other sentence.
[/quote]
That's not the Ura you're looking for 裏.

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1321174019' post='5636998']
it's interesting to note that Flip has the same VA as Jose from 5Ds

just watched episode 5, and like previous episodes they explained what Flip Effects are, i think Flip's voice quite suits him to be honest, they changed Utrata C to Ultra C
[/quote]
They voiced a midget with the same VA used for an old man? o.O

And I can see how they made that change, "Uratra" sounds a bit like Ultra, and I thought that's what they were going for for a bit before I realized it had "ura" in it.

Archived