Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1320409884' post='5616408']
Yugioh doesn't need Hentai anyways, it'a anime about a f***ing card game. Seriously? Also, who cares if 4kids changed something? It makes no difference, they didn't miss out dialogue or skip episodes, it's just a bit of Americanisation. Even though I'm in the UK... Besides Kotori is the most boring character since uhh... Tea. They both do absolutely nothing =/
[/quote]
Censorship =/= Americanization

And no anime outside ecchi needs hentai, but that doesn't stop artists so.....I don't really see your point.

As for your actual points.

1. Did they miss out dialogue?
[quote]In the second season (the Battle city arc) of [i]Yu-Gi-Oh![/i], there had been change of plot through dialogue. In the original, Marik wanted to kill Yugi because he thought that Yugi killed his father. In the dub, Marik wanted to possess all three Egyptian God Cards so he could rule the world. This was changed to censor one character wanting to kill another.[/quote]

2. Did they skip episodes?

being stupid is against the rules
[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110217162225/yugioh/images/e/ee/ZONE.jpg[/img]

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=''What happened in Episode 4]
Episode 3 Recap.

Typical Astral vs. Yuma argument

After having Golem stolen: "Let my Gogogo Golem go!"

Caswell talks about spirits and encourages Yuma.

Chibi Akari fighting.

Astral figures out how to make Yuma listen to him.

Caswell: "Yuma seems to be having some flashes of intelligence."
Kotori: "It's probably the invisible duelist telling him what to do."
Caswell: "Wait, you're serious about that?"

Chibi Akari using Metsu Shoryuken.

Mr. K wanted to basically make a QR code of a Crashbug out of lights. I don't undersatand either. :P

Yuma: "So that was your whole master plan all along?"
Mr. K: "Well, yes."
[/spoiler]

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1320507411' post='5618897']

and that's why i hate 4kids
[/quote]

Then again, you have to realize the true target audience is younger than we are. And through all 4 episodes so far, we've only seen Tori's skirt outside the intro maybe 4 or 5 [b]brief[/b] times. That's it.

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1320517417' post='5619373']
Then again, you have to realize the true target audience is younger than we are. And through all 4 episodes so far, we've only seen Tori's skirt outside the intro maybe 4 or 5 [b]brief[/b] times. That's it.
[/quote]
Which begs the question as to why change it when it probably won't be noticed by the target audience?

That one scene where it shows Yuma from under Kotori's skirt (looks like he's peeping) is going to be a weird edit. Are they going to do nothing? Remove the scene? Or just fill the screen with Kotori's skirt?

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1320520507' post='5619469']
Which begs the question as to why change it when it probably won't be noticed by the target audience?

That one scene where it shows Yuma from under Kotori's skirt (looks like he's peeping) is going to be a weird edit. Are they going to do nothing? Remove the scene? Or just fill the screen with Kotori's skirt?
[/quote]

Kotori will pull out a rifle and shoot Yuma. And that was the 4kids dub of Yugioh ZEXAL. Have a nice day.

Which begs the question as to why change it when it probably won't be noticed by the target audience?[/quote]
Has always been my logic as why there really should be no edits.

That one scene where it shows Yuma from under Kotori's skirt (looks like he's peeping) is going to be a weird edit. Are they going to do nothing? Remove the scene? Or just fill the screen with Kotori's skirt?[/quote]
Make Kotori wear a dress to school?

i just watched episode 4 and here's what i thought:
- more of Yuma/Astral arguments, but that didn't surprise me at all, but i liked how Astral used reverse psychology, even if some of it was humourous (i.e "don't laydown a trap card, you are not skilled enough to use one" and "too bad Utopia's useless, if only it had some sort of ability").
- Just because the episode is called "in the end", that just gave them them an excuse to put "in the end" 3 times in the episode (not counting the recap)
- more of Astral's observations:
Observation #6: praise motivates humans
Observation #7: number cards affect people they change them, they seem to amplify their individual wants, desires almost to the point when they take over

overall not bad tbqh

1, the guys at Yugioh Wikia need a better quality pic of Tori and her long skirt.

2. Next week Yuma faces, let's call him Weevil 2.0. He's sneaky like Weevil.

3. Yeah. If a little kid saw a shot of Tori's panties parents would ask 4kids to cancel the show, and we in america would never get to see it except for subbed versions on the internet which you all would prefer.

The skirt wasn't the only edit though:

In season 1 episode 9 of Winx they replaced the swelling on Icy's face with a wart.

In episode 40 of 5d's they replaced the wine glass Akiza's mom was holding with a glass of milk

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1320532154' post='5619843']
3. Yeah. If a little kid saw a shot of Tori's panties parents would ask 4kids to cancel the show, and we in america would never get to see it except for subbed versions on the internet which you all would prefer.
[/quote]
But Yugioh isn't that type of anime, so it would never happen. :l

Look, this is also the Compliant Thread so I'm making a compliant. I doubt there is any shred of "good" reasoning (inb4card) that could get me to see why this was done.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1320517703' post='5619390']
*Epic Shoryuken*
[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one here that actually plays Street Fighter IV.

And Astro Dude, that's only the beginning...
[img]http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/K/KO/KOP/kopyrite/1135994386_itdub_gun1.jpg[/img]
I mean, what the hell is that supposed to be anyway?

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1320556898' post='5620699']
[img]http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/K/KO/KOP/kopyrite/1135994386_itdub_gun1.jpg[/img]
I mean, what the hell is that supposed to be anyway?
[/quote]
funny thing was, that scene was from the 4Kids dub of One Piece

Wasn't the only thing either.

Anyone remember the Pegasus assasination attempt back in the original? Keith was just pointing a finger like a gun.

Judging by it I'd say if he pulled the trigger the spring would be released and he'd give the other guy a bonk on the head. One Piece is part comedy, what would you expect?

Archived