Maigo Keishi: A New Era (OOC/Started/Always Accepting/PG-16)

Elƒie

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a post that will let everyone interact, unify the group, and get the plot rolling. Requesting GM permission prior to posting, as it's kind of a big thing.[spoiler=The post in question]
they're everywhere

she ran
and ran
and ran
and ran
and - ran
and they
....................................followed?
[i]were?[/i]
..........................................................always, they were there
did she move or did she stay
inoneplaceatonetimenevermovingonlyani l l u s i o n
alwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysallwaysleadtothem

That was a poetic representation of the thoughts of Arthracia Dent as she stared at the madmen off the boat. It was a bit hyperbolic, perhaps, but I thought it was good. I hope you liked it.

And now, for something completely different that happened the next day.

"They're coming."

Dread words. Major Haponazimiel of the Adarel City Militia suppressed a shudder. Her eyes widened nevertheless. "When? Where?"

"They're moving fast -- faster than we'd thought possible." The scout spoke quickly, wasting no time. "They'll hit today. Watch the southeast wall. We think they'll try to flank the wall."

The True Demons of the Angel Kingdom could fly. Whether it was because of the proclivity of the region towards flight or a coincidence was unknown -- after all, there wasn't much time to study the bloodthirsty beasts.

"I hear you."

Hapona was already formulating a battle plan when she turned away. She'd alert the [i]Ikursitaa[/i] -- a relic of the port's past military significance; a swift, if fragile, flying battlecruiser with the best crew in the region. Its fire support would be invaluable if the Demons tried to fly over the cliffs at the edge of the great wall; after all, the winged folk no longer had the aerial superiority to which they were accustomed. They'd also have to bring some artillery, and... magi. Magi would be important. Magical wards, magical artillery... For defending a place with no physical barriers, magi were essential.

Of course, she'd also have to account for possible changes of route or misleading attacks. But those were simple contingencies to plan. It was time to begin.

Now to grab some recruiters. She'd need to rouse the city folk. The militia would never suffice to block a Demon attack.

"Excuse me, Maga?"

Thraci gazed, resigned, into the eyes of the girl that requested her attention. "Yes?"

"We need your help."

Thraci looked over the girl's clothing. It was clearly a uniform -- all blues and golds and sharp edges, with buttons in every place the designers could get away with stuffing a button into. She even had a spiffy hat and special holes for her wings, feathery and incredibly large, to poke through. The girl held a clipboard and pen in one hand -- and a pistol, by the barrel, in the other. Aha, she was a military recruiter, perhaps for the city guard or local militia.

"The Demons are approaching," said the recruiter, her voice charged with a genuine sincerity Thraci could never muster. "We need all the help we can get to defend the city. It's really important to hold Adarel, or they might take our air force and overrun the rest of the Kingdom."

Ordinarily, Thraci wouldn't touch the military with a ten-metre wand. Every part of her -- ideological, rational, lazy, self-serving -- ran screaming away from the armed forces. But this was different. First of all, the True Demons were going to kill her whether she tried to defend herself or not (she couldn't count on spaceships falling on them every time, after all). Secondly, there were support roles she could play, too, so she could preserve her pacifism without lying down and waiting to be invaded. Lastly, she owed a certain Angelic lieutenant a favour.

"I don't know any offencive spells," she warned. "I can ward, and I can sort of heal. And I suppose I have Duct Typhoon, but that's rather dangerous. So you can't count on me to make them hurt."

"We don't have to," the recruiter assured her. "We mainly need barriers and healers anyway. So will you help us?"

"Yes. Arthracia Dent, first-order maga, credentialed of Cercean Magic Academy."

"All right... Thank you!"

Thraci chose not to think about how the Demon King would no doubt be leading the charge, or about how she was about to join a militia, something she'd sworn never to do. She instead chose to think about how she could finally repay Tehlak for the bean salad incident as the recruiter scribbled her name onto her clipboard and led her away towards the militia's station.[/spoiler]

That post is fine by me. Anyone have an issue with it?

Also.. Sorry for the inactivity. Been taking.. some time for myself, I guess you could say. -Shrugs.-

Alright... 5/8 people in this rp have voted.. The only way this pole could result in is either a tie or a yes.. So its settled... The Portal Keepers will be NPCs.. And don't worry... I'll give plenty of feel of the Portal Keepers when I reveal them so don't worry about getting too off base with them..

Also.. Who ever voted no in the pole.. Could you please tell me why ya voted no? I wanna address any issues you might have with it before we get to the first portal keeper.

Rupert: Yo.. Wish ya would have asked if it was alright that the demon ya made the deal with was a True Demon... Lol. But that'll make for an interesting arc.. Hmm.. Maybe one of the Portal Keepers could be the am one that ya made the deal with? o:

Btw, people.. Since the group has a long journey, feel free to mention up arcs and side quest ideas..

[quote name='*~Dark~Magician~Girl~*' timestamp='1318908344' post='5585810']
Rupert: Yo.. Wish ya would have asked if it was alright that the demon ya made the deal with was a True Demon... Lol. But that'll make for an interesting arc.. Hmm.. Maybe one of the Portal Keepers could be the am one that ya made the deal with? o:

Btw, people.. Since the group has a long journey, feel free to mention up arcs and side quest ideas..
[/quote]
i like this idea. just gimme a shout when the timings right tho cus i not good at that.

Archived